Options

Falling Skies - Season 3 - US Pace *No Spoilers*

Comments

• Options
    REDBUSREDBUS Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOW just watching latest episode Falling Skies S03E08 , always thought they would go in this direction was begin to get a bit stale .(no spoiler's)

Keep's it fresh ,interesting which way this story-line go's from here , certainly open's up whole new direction for show if done right .
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    REDBUS wrote: »
    WOW just watching latest episode Falling Skies S03E08 , always thought they would go in this direction was begin to get a bit stale .(no spoiler's)

Keep's it fresh ,interesting which way this story-line go's from here , certainly open's up whole new direction for show if done right .

Are you referring to the trailers for next week? Because episode 8 itself really peed me off. Trotting out the tired old "breaking the illusion" trope we've seen in Star Trek, Stargate, Buffy and so many more
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OH EM EF GGG THE LATEST EPISODE!!!!!

.... Sh!te as usual :D
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    Are you referring to the trailers for next week? Because episode 8 itself really peed me off. Trotting out the tired old "breaking the illusion" trope we've seen in Star Trek, Stargate, Buffy and so many more

Yep I can't stand these types of episodes. :rolleyes: I just knew when he woke up the first time it wasn't real. Especially when he shot Karen.

Also why didn't he pick out the wrong city if he knew it wasn't real?

STNG did it OK with the Riker one, but this was just filler. No need for it except to save on FX budget.
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    platelet wrote: »

Done with a lot more effort in TNG, Stargate & Buffy it has to be said. With a better plot, better script and better acting.

This was possibly the worst ever expression of the trope I have ever seen.

Total filler episode - apart from perhaps 30 seconds of Pope & watshisname deciding not to kill the lady president.

As I said, I'm out at the end of the season. This series has been far worse than the preceding ones and I thought they were bliddy awful - but had an entertainment factor in how bad they were. That entertainment is lacking this season. Along with the plot. And any dramatic tension.
  • Options
    MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It just continues to get worse & worse, its almost as if the writers don't want to contribute to the main storyline much.... budget constraints? so we are left week after week with the Mason family nonsense.
    Two episodes left now & I can definitely say this season has so far been dismal.
  • Options
    PeculiarcandlePeculiarcandle Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    How big is America??? Are we expected to believe that Tom walked to his old house!!!!
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How big is America??? Are we expected to believe that Tom walked to his old house!!!!

When he was captured by the aliens he was taken to the Grid Tower in Boston, his house was in Boston.
  • Options
    darnelledarnelle Posts: 9,116
    Forum Member
    would prefer to have less civil war type stuff and more SF action - why no more info about the aliens who are far more interesting than the humans?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    When he was captured by the aliens he was taken to the Grid Tower in Boston, his house was in Boston.

So much of this doesn't make sense. So he's now got a journey of nearly 1000 miles to get back to Charleston, which no doubt he'll achieve on half a tank of petrol in an abandoned vehicle - or even more ludicrously by foot!!:yawn::eek::mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So much of this doesn't make sense. So he's now got a journey of nearly 1000 miles to get back to Charleston, which no doubt he'll achieve on half a tank of petrol in an abandoned vehicle - or even more ludicrously by foot!!:yawn::eek::mad:

He sure does like walking:D
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well since it's pretty clear the Boston Tower is the one the humans are going to attack then he'll no doubt get a lift back with them.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last episode I found terrible. It bored me
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Decent cliffhanger last week, then bullshit for the first 20 minutes, followed by slightly less bullshit for the remaining 20. I hate episodes like this. Aside from not believing that Anne and EvilBaby are dead, I also don't give a flying fu....

I don't think I'll give up on it, but they'll need to do a hell of a lot in the remaining 2 episodes to keep me interested.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crap episode as usual... hard to believe next week is the finale when there has not been a single memorable scene from the whole season..

After next week i'll be done with this crapfest for good :)
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    Crap episode as usual... hard to believe next week is the finale when there has not been a single memorable scene from the whole season..

After next week i'll be done with this crapfest for good :)

Yes it is a real shame as the premise of the show is good, but the execution has been bad, especially this season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't really enjoy this weeks ep, I agree about the execution being bad as they seem to string out boring bits of a storyline then tie them up poorly which just leaves you thinking... what was the point. Its obviously just filler material which is really sad as this season promised so much yet has delivered.... nothing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolute drivel again.

Was anyone else singing "We're a couple of Swells" at the beginning?

"We'd sail up the avenue but we haven't got a yacht" :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So many things wrong with this episode:

Tom sailing a 1000 miles in a boat.
    Things blowing up all over the place.
    That gunshot at the end.

It was just a mess.
  • Options
    jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,057
    Forum Member
    I can't believe they've had an Alien spending an entire season talking like he's in Dawsons Creek.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Decent episode.

Regarding the 'lack of memorable moments'....the only thing I can really remember is the opening attack, plus the army of Mechs outside the reactor place. Quite a waste of 10 episodes tbh..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Season 4 will have 2 extra episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, they are really going down the V 'Star child' route:rolleyes:

That's me out. In my head they all realise what idiots they've been, brush up on their Portuguese & take the Volme up on their kind offer of an all expenses paid permanent holiday in Brazil - where apparently there aren't any Ashwenie. Must not like Samba.

If they'd done that & just left a fight between the aliens I might have carried on watching as they are much better characters than the entire 'human' cast combined.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So they managed to acquire a train and oil tanker, yet were struggling to muster a few old cars by the end of the episode.
    So much of this is infuriating, it seems like the writers couldn't wait to wrap up this series in a nice bow. Clearly they must have been as frustrated by the end as we the viewers were.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, awful wrap up & hardly a cliffhanger making us want to watch next season. The Mason family are just sooooo unlikeable & now we have another regular.