Options

Vampire Diaries S6 - US Pace Discussion

Comments

• Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    nats18 wrote: »
    In the last episode in the flashback eps wasn't there a mess up cos I'm sure Elena said she was going to talk to her parents about Bonnie staying but then Stefan was part of the friends group. I thought they met when she was at her parents grave
    Well spotted. I didn't even notice.
  • Options
    Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There wasn't a mess up. They were separate flashbacks as their clothes were different.

In the 2007 one Elena mentioned about asking her parents if Bonnie could stay with them for the holidays. It was in the 2009 one that Stefan was mentioned as it took place in December (as seen on a banner). Elena and Stefan had met a few months previously.
  • Options
    margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Jeremy is no longer a series regular. Seems the response is mostly ' who cares'. I have disliked the character for do long and finally they have really run out of ideas for him. They are just sending him to college so they won't have to bring him back from the dead again . Plus this leaves more rooiim for Bamon to develop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well Jeremy is no longer a series regular. Seems the response is mostly ' who cares'. I have disliked the character for do long and finally they have really run out of ideas for him. They are just sending him to college so they won't have to bring him back from the dead again . Plus this leaves more rooiim for Bamon to develop.
    It'll be interesting to see how they do that, cause Jeremy and Bonnie were suppose to get reunited or whatever. I doubt they'll do Bamon; apparently they're ending the show with Delena.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see how they do that, cause Jeremy and Bonnie were suppose to get reunited or whatever. I doubt they'll do Bamon; apparently they're ending the show with Delena.

No I don't mean Bamon as a romance but as a friendship which works really well. It would be odd to end with Delena as many people have become tired of them and especially Elena. I think the only thing left plot wise is to make Damon human. I think we had a fantasy of Stelena human and together but I can't remember if Stefan was really human at any point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to watch but after reading the recap didn't bother. It really does seem like a significant section of the fan base are really sick of Delena. We still are only half way through this season so I really don't know how they are going to keep fans interested.
  • Options
    PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to watch but after reading the recap didn't bother. It really does seem like a significant section of the fan base are really sick of Delena. We still are only half way through this season so I really don't know how they are going to keep fans interested.

I really liked the ep and season tbh, its more enjoyable than S5's lets throw as many storylines at you in 22 episodes as we can and not really commit properly to any.

I'm no fan of Delena by any means (the triangle has never been an interest for me), but in the context of the episode Damon clearly wanted to comfort Elena after Liz almost died in front over her.

I read a theory that Liz's vision of Caroline in full Vamp mode was her anticipation of Care turning off her emotions when she died, hence the talk with Stefan (some people are arguing that this seemed forced, tbh that was the point). That was well done, they really made you believe Liz was gone.

Loved the Luke/Kai merge story, in Luke's position I would have done exactly the same thing. I can't see why any of the Gemini's are that happy to kill their own twin whatever their family says.

Do we think Luke's personality traits like compassion and caring for his family will ultimately cause the end of Kai as big bad, (Liv and Luke's dad did say it was like a new being was being created) Well, that and Bonnie's inevitable return!
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    I really liked the ep and season tbh, its more enjoyable than S5's lets throw as many storylines at you in 22 episodes as we can and not really commit properly to any.

I'm no fan of Delena by any means (the triangle has never been an interest for me), but in the context of the episode Damon clearly wanted to comfort Elena after Liz almost died in front over her.

I read a theory that Liz's vision of Caroline in full Vamp mode was her anticipation of Care turning off her emotions when she died, hence the talk with Stefan (some people are arguing that this seemed forced, tbh that was the point). That was well done, they really made you believe Liz was gone.

Loved the Luke/Kai merge story, in Luke's position I would have done exactly the same thing. I can't see why any of the Gemini's are that happy to kill their own twin whatever their family says.

Do we think Luke's personality traits like compassion and caring for his family will ultimately cause the end of Kai as big bad, (Liv and Luke's dad did say it was like a new being was being created) Well, that and Bonnie's inevitable return!

Well summed up, you mirrored what I felt about the ep and most of this season. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I like the better social interactions this year. People feel like they are working on their relationships, rather than throwing themselves at each other. The show feels a little more mature for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is one of the more interesting aspects of the show for me currently. Kai shouldn't be the same person now, though if they're wanting a baddie, he's going to have to be (thus the result of the merge wont be what it was stated to be). Difficult stuff!

Caroline is going to find it hard when Liz does die, and she might just switch off her humanity, sure. Would be an interesting twist I suppose. Not really into the whole Delena thing (again) - it's getting tiring; how many times have we been down this road?
  • Options
    F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bad times that I had totally forgot about Bonnie until reading that comment a few above me.
    The thing with the merge is we don't know exactly what traits will be consumed by Kai. For all we know he could acquire the urge to grow long hair and develop facial hair. Or he might become possessive of Jo (his twin) like he (luke) was with Liv.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F1etch wrote: »
    Bad times that I had totally forgot about Bonnie until reading that comment a few above me.
    The thing with the merge is we don't know exactly what traits will be consumed by Kai. For all we know he could acquire the urge to grow long hair and develop facial hair. Or he might become possessive of Jo (his twin) like he (luke) was with Liv.

My bad :D

Very true, I just hope (as good as Kai has been) they don't pull another Damon, Enzo & Klaus scenario, with a villain kept around and their initial impact getting watered down.

Don't get me wrong I love Klaus & Damon as characters and they've grown in varying degree's but the redeemable anti hero slots are filled IMO.

1000th post :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done.

Yea too many of them get kept but I think they need to be because too many of the backing cast get killed in this show. If they didn't keep the baddies they would have nobody. I'm still shocked they killed the professor who was hunting for Silus.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Its too much of Elana drama.... I dont see her character to so be so impressive qualities that she be called the heroin. She is quite common...... or has become so
  • Options
    Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fgs they need to sout bonnie out and jezza needs to duck off to fart school
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does anyone also wonder whether Matt is like, completely thick? He knows what Enzo is up to, and he doesn't want anyone else innocent to get hurt. Okay. He also knows that Enzo plans bad things for this new Salvatore. Has Matt even once contemplated phoning Stefan/Damon/Elena/Caroline? Nope! He's just doing as Enzo says. What a tool.

I'm (again) getting tired of the soppy shit too.

1) Damon and Elena (again)
    2) Tyler and Liv
    3) Bonnie & Jeremy (weird that she was about to kill herself, now she's okay and Jeremy is off to Art School - even though she's still trapped. He not thinking that maybe she'll want to see him when she escapes?)
    4) Alaric and Jo (granted, not so soppy this one)
    5) Stefan and Caroline (it's building, but we've seen this countless times already)
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    Fgs they need to sout bonnie out and jezza needs to duck off to fart school
    Agreed. Bonnie needs to be rescued already. She's been stuck in Purgatory for too long now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THought they'd have her out for the mid season break. THe fact she probably won't be out for at least another 2/3 episodes yet is a bit much.
    It's no surprise that this shows weakness is the main strength of The Originals. Relationships. Can't say I'm as bothered by them as some but I can see the point. It is tedious when you think about it. They seem to be working around each other...The only one we haven't had is Caroline/Elena. College is a confusing time though...

My biggest gripe with this episode though was the relationships, I can live with them. It was seeing Kai be Damon/Silas mk2. So he is now a bad guy with a heart and who it seems some of the group have no issues with using and that's the start of the road to them turning him into one of the gang.

I suppose the other gripe was, as said above, Matt being a complete ****. I mean, again as said, why doesn't he just call Stefan? The mind boggles with this side of the story. I'm not so sure I understand it really. None of it makes any sense and just seems like a way to have Enzo doing something that keeps him "bad" but out of the way of the main cast as baddies either die or turn good around them. Just a shame the story sucks for this side-story. I mean does Damon even know Enzo is alive? I can't remember the last time they spoke or if they even have since he returned from the dead. Damon now, is more than likely going to be glad to have a relative. Sure he'll be pissed at Stefan for keeping it shhhh but he'll get over it and then be mad at Enzo for turning his great....neice.

One more thing...Couldn't Damon and Elena just go on a road trip to New Orleans and speak one of the 2 remaining vampire originals down there and undo the compulsion. I imagine for them it would take a few minutes at most. That or couldn't one of the many many witches about undo the compulsion on Elena similar to what Davina done for Cami? She's human as well and managed so I'm sure Vamped up Elena could cope with the stress.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was the best episode of the season. Felt like the old TVD. That Damon and Liz scene in her PJs just set me off and I couldn't stop after. I was hysterically bawling at the flashback of little Caroline and Liz.

I loved all the callbacks to the past. Little Gilbert moving on was good too. The kiss was the sweetest thing between Stefan and Caroline. It felt so mature and real and the shot and loacation was very cinematic.

Next episode is all grieving I'm assuming then I want Bonnie back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good episode and a twist with Jeremy that I didn't see coming at all.

Heartbreaking stuff. :(
  • Options
    ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That hug :D
  • Options
    111roy111111roy111 Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    3 weeks wait for more TVD :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never thought I'd be pleased to have Bon Bon back, I did call the mystery woman plot twist, though.

So,
    is mama Salvatore a witch or a vampire or none of those? If she was a vamp it might explain their father's raging hatred of them and he might have put her there (via some witchy woo) because he couldn't kill her.
  • Options
    ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hearing 'humanity switch' over and over again is so annoying. Why does Caroline seem to care a little though?

Elena was really annoying this episode too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two words I never hoped to hear again. "The cure". I thought we were done with that drivel, but no. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two words I never hoped to hear again. "The cure". I thought we were done with that drivel, but no. :(

My Worst NIGHTMARE come true!!!!! >:(

So who don't we want to take it. For me Elena, Stefan, Damon & especially Caroline should remain vampires. Let Lily or Enzo have it.

I said Kai absorbing Luke would be the end of him :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So who don't we want to take it. For me Elena, Stefan, Damon & especially Caroline should remain vampires. Let Lily or Enzo have it.
    Lily seems the obvious choice, though I can see them forcing it on Enzo (especially Stefan; once he realizes the danger he put his niece through). That said, maybe it'll end up with Stefan or Caroline in an attempt to sort out their humanity.
    I said Kai absorbing Luke would be the end of him.
    I don't think he's dead. It's more likely he'll serve as a blood bank to those other vampires for a while; Bonnie gets her revenge (somewhat) - putting Kai through the horrors he put her through.

I did feel a little sorry for this new Kai though, he's struggling with his emotions and trying to make up for his mistakes, yet Bonnie, she's having none of it. Weird irony.