A question for Galaxy Note 10.1 users

darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi all,

I could finally be getting my tablet in the next few days & I am considering the Galaxy Note 10.1. However after doing some research, there have been a few reports of the battery going tits up & not charging correctly, especially after the Jelly Bean update. I haven't found any official statement for this, so thought I would ask fellow DS members if they have had the same flaw or not ?.

Out of the tablets out there, I would prefer either the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 or the Galaxy Note 10.1, as I have a Galaxy S3 phone & a Samsung LED TV. So a device with a compatible allshare facility would be ideal.

Many Thanks

DJM

Comments

• weirlandia4evaweirlandia4eva Posts: 1,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

I could finally be getting my tablet in the next few days & I am considering the Galaxy Note 10.1. However after doing some research, there have been a few reports of the battery going tits up & not charging correctly, especially after the Jelly Bean update. I haven't found any official statement for this, so thought I would ask fellow DS members if they have had the same flaw or not ?.

Out of the tablets out there, I would prefer either the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 or the Galaxy Note 10.1, as I have a Galaxy S3 phone & a Samsung LED TV. So a device with a compatible allshare facility would be ideal.

Many Thanks

DJM

I bought these for both my daughters in October. my youngest daughter has just started to have problems with hers not charging correctly. she is in communication with Samsung abut it and has been advised to do a factory reset (in the middle of Uni exams at the moment so won't do this till exams are over)
    With hers the device dosn't seem to be able to decide whether it is plugged into a PC or the wall socket and if it shows as plugged in to the wall socket it shows as charging but doesn't actually charge.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought these for both my daughters in October. my youngest daughter has just started to have problems with hers not charging correctly. she is in communication with Samsung abut it and has been advised to do a factory reset (in the middle of Uni exams at the moment so won't do this till exams are over)
    With hers the device dosn't seem to be able to decide whether it is plugged into a PC or the wall socket and if it shows as plugged in to the wall socket it shows as charging but doesn't actually charge.

Thank you ever so much for your reply & for confirming the charge issue. I have read of a few people who haven't had any problems with the note, but they don't seem to be as many as those who have been having charge issues.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Have a galaxy tab2, used every day since beginning of year and no problems.
    I know of a local firm that has 15 of these since nov last year used daily for business and just spoken with them and they have had no problems whatsoever.
    I know a few others who have the tab2 and note and not heard any of them having charging problems.
  • SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have a few Tab 2’s in our family and all running fine but I wonder if the charging problems could be down to the flimsy connection as I have to keep reminding the OH about bending the connector when it’s being used while charging up.

In this respect this is why I am starting to fall out of favour with Samsung slabs because like Apple they insist on using their own connection instead of using what most of the world are using.

If you turn the tab upside down when using and charging this takes the pressure of the connector against your body but there are a lot of apps that don’t auto turn so there upside down.

Just my thoughts.:)
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lettice wrote: »
    Have a galaxy tab2, used every day since beginning of year and no problems.
    I know of a local firm that has 15 of these since nov last year used daily for business and just spoken with them and they have had no problems whatsoever.
    I know a few others who have the tab2 and note and not heard any of them having charging problems.
    SkipTracer wrote: »
    We have a few Tab 2’s in our family and all running fine but I wonder if the charging problems could be down to the flimsy connection as I have to keep reminding the OH about bending the connector when it’s being used while charging up.

In this respect this is why I am starting to fall out of favour with Samsung slabs because like Apple they insist on using their own connection instead of using what most of the world are using.

If you turn the tab upside down when using and charging this takes the pressure of the connector against your body but there are a lot of apps that don’t auto turn so there upside down.

Just my thoughts.:)

Thanks for the information :), strangely enough it is the more expensive tablet "Note 10.1 with the stylus", that has the charging problems esp when JB is installed. But the standard Galaxy Tab 2 is about £100 cheaper & doesn't suffer with the fault.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seems my daughter has solved her Notes charging problem. Uninstalled a game that she had recently downloaded and its working fine again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    seems my daughter has solved her Notes charging problem. Uninstalled a game that she had recently downloaded and its working fine again.

what game was it?
    be useful if you could report that to the developers of the game
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lettice wrote: »
    what game was it?
    be useful if you could report that to the developers of the game

the game was an ironman game. However she has since reported that it is playing up again. has now done a factory reset and still not charging properly so has sent another email to samsung.
    she keeps calling me up for help-I live 400 miles away so not sure what she thinks I can do :D