Options

HDR1000S - Can't record one prog and watch another

pizzajohnpizzajohn Posts: 71
Forum Member
Last night whilst watching a programme on channel 4 about Concordia, a banner appeared on the screen informing me that another programme, on another channel, was about to be recorded. It offered me two options, Record or Cancel. I chose record and was immediately switched to that show.

When I attempted to return to channel 4, I was told that I could not do this whislst recording was in progress.

I thought this was a limitation of only having one satellite feed but, I have two. I switch to setting and yes, I have two signals and the device even tells me that I am connected to two inputs.

I have had the 1000S since November and can't recall this happening before.

This problem, coupled with the device's slow response to IR signals recently (powered off and on again to clear) plus, 'Resume' play taking back to the start of a programme is beginning to get a little irksome.

Does anyone know what's happening?:confused:

John

Comments

• Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you sure the box wasn't already recording something else ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was on More4 should that be a factor?
    DOCUMENTARY: The Sinking of the Concordia: Caught on Camera
    On: more4 (124)
    Date: Monday 14th January 2013 (Already shown)
    Time: 22:00 to 23:05 (1 hour and 5 minutes long)

This remarkable documentary uncovers harrowing scenes from one of the most tragic events in the cruise industry's history. When the Costa Concordia sank in January 2012 the passengers were able to film what happened on their mobile phones and video cameras. This film is made almost entirely of that footage, with no interviews, expert testimony or narration. Their footage provides an extraordinary minute-by-minute anatomy of a disaster, capturing the reality of what happened in way that is only possible in the 21st century. From the moment the excited holiday-makers step on board the luxury cruise liner to the realisation that they are on a sinking ship fearing for their lives, viewers see what happened, as captured by those aboard the fateful final journey.
    (Repeat, Subtitles, 4 Star)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=69933

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

Automan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Automan wrote: »
    I think it was on More4 should that be a factor?

Automan.

Yes that's a factor. Which channel was the other recording being made from (the one that chucked you out from Channel 4) ?

3rd channel viewing while recording two depends on which channels are being recorded. You only have 2 not 3 tuners :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    pizzajohn wrote: »
    When I attempted to return to channel 4, I was told that I could not do this whilst recording was in progress.
    I had essentially the same problem a few weeks ago...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/1703113-foxsat-hdr-hdr-1000s-recording-limits.html#post18300767
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Graham,

The programme that was being recorded and which I was trying to navigate from was, DCI Banks on ITV3.

I know it sounds strange but I don't recollect recording anything else, difficulty is though, that I did record Road to Perdition and I can't see a date on the Humax. Nor can I establish when it was on.

Perhaps
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Graham,

The programme that was being recorded and which I was trying to navigate from was, DCI Banks on ITV3.

I know it sounds strange but I don't recollect recording anything else, difficulty is though, that I did record Road to Perdition and I can't see a date on the Humax. Nor can I establish when it was on.

Perhaps

Confused :confused:

As an example the only channels you can view while recording more4 and ITV 3 apart from these two are

121 Channel 4 + 1
    122 E4
    123 E4 +1
    975 Channel 4 + 1
    112 ITV+1
    116 ITV3 +1

If you were only recording 1 channel then any other channel should be viewable and recordable. Only when recording two (or within 15 mins of a second recording should you get a reserved channel message)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Graham.

Sorry if I didn't explain myself.

Recap

I was watching a programme on More4 when a banner appeared that told me that DCI Banks (ITV3) was about to be recorded. I was offered two choices, Record or Cancel. I chose record and was switched to ITV3. When I attempted to switch back to More4, I was informed that this was not possible whilst I was recording.

Following your suggestion that I may have been recording two programmes I looked at my media list and DCI Banks was there with a recording date of 14 January. Nothing else was obvious but, the film 'Road to Perdition' was also in the list of recordings but with no date shown. It's possible that this was being recorded at the same time as DCI Banks but cannot establish when it was broadcast.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Graham.

Sorry if I didn't explain myself.

Recap

I was watching a programme on More4 when a banner appeared that told me that DCI Banks (ITV3) was about to be recorded. I was offered two choices, Record or Cancel. I chose record and was switched to ITV3. When I attempted to switch back to More4, I was informed that this was not possible whilst I was recording.

Following your suggestion that I may have been recording two programmes I looked at my media list and DCI Banks was there with a recording date of 14 January. Nothing else was obvious but, the film 'Road to Perdition' was also in the list of recordings but with no date shown. It's possible that this was being recorded at the same time as DCI Banks but cannot establish when it was broadcast.

Road To Perdition was broadcast on Channel 4 on Monday on Film 4 21:00-23:20 so would have been recording at the time.

Assuming you are usung auto for recording settings at 21:45 the box would need to start looking for a record start from ITV3 while you were watching Channel 4
    Film 4 and Channel 4 are both on 1 transponder (10714 H) so only 1 tuner should have been needed. The spare one should have been available to make the recording from ITV3 (10906 V).

It sounds like your box thinks it only has 1 cable connected.

Can you try repeating this, tune to Film 4 and press record, tune to ITV3 and press record. Enter 104 can you watch Channel 4 ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Road To Perdition was broadcast on Channel 4 on Monday on Film 4 21:00-23:20 so would have been recording at the time.

Assuming you are usung auto for recording settings at 21:45 the box would need to start looking for a record start from ITV3 while you were watching Channel 4
    Film 4 and Channel 4 are both on 1 transponder (10714 H) so only 1 tuner should have been needed. The spare one should have been available to make the recording from ITV3 (10906 V).

It sounds like your box thinks it only has 1 cable connected.

Can you try repeating this, tune to Film 4 and press record, tune to ITV3 and press record. Enter 104 can you watch Channel 4 ?

Just twigged you now say watching More 4 not 4. That combination isn't possible though you could have watched more 4 + 1. Take a look at the Foxsat-hdr faq on My Humax
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you Graham for your explanation.

It all makes sense now!

John