Options

Well Done Brendan

Brendan haters please refrain from posting, there are plenty of Brendan bashing threads for you. This is a positive thread!

I just wanted to sat Well done to Brendan for that Dance off. He really made sure Jo had the time of her life and went out with a bang and there was so much enthusiasm from him and it made it really enjoyable. It was far from perfect but it was certainly one of the most enjoyable dance off farewells ever for that reason!

Bravo Brendan... I for one will miss u till next year ;-)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    He was a gentleman throughout with Jo.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite agree.

I was pleased the way that Len has praised him for his choreography.

Well done, Brendan, and Jo. Shall miss Jo.

Look forward to seeing Brendan dancing again in the professionals' dances.
  • Options
    soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    Jo and Brendan have brought sunshine and smiles to Strictly. I shall miss you Jo. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,988
    Forum Member
    Loved Jo she was a lovely lovely person and loved the partnership they had it was a joy to watch.

Soulmate I couldn't agree with you more:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    I'm really sad to see them go, their partnership was my favourite by far. They really brightened up the show for me and I'll really miss them. :(
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was wonderful with Jo.

I'll always see him in a different light from now on.
  • Options
    MarySMaryS Posts: 1,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with everyone.Jo & Brendan brought a breath of fresh air to Strictly.They were so entertaining & adorable.Brendan was amazing with Jo,he picked the right choreography & didn't over shadow her.He showed alot of patience & they were a lovely partnership:)
  • Options
    BruciesToupeBruciesToupe Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep agree. He ditched uber competetive Brendan to give Jo a fabulous experience. Nice one Cole.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good thread. The usual suspects are all here I see ;)

I agree. Thank you Brendan. You were wonderful to watch together.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,113
    Forum Member
    I'm no fan of Brendan, but he has done a remarkable job with Jo to get her to where she pulled off a semi-decent performance last week, his choreography has been great and well suited to Jo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    Quite agree.

I was pleased the way that Len has praised him for his choreography.

Well done, Brendan, and Jo. Shall miss Jo.

Look forward to seeing Brendan dancing again in the professionals' dances.

I agree Jo was just fab she was a bit mad in the wonderful way that people are that just makes you smile with them and love them being around
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    Shan't miss Jo because that was the right result tonight.

However, credit where credit's due - well done Brendan.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alexgr wrote: »
    I'm no fan of Brendan, but he has done a remarkable job with Jo to get her to where she pulled off a semi-decent performance last week, his choreography has been great and well suited to Jo.

I never liked the guy..but he has gone up enormously in my estimation, changed my opinion entirely.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was very touched by Brendan's care and consideration towards Jo and I thought Len was so right in his comments tonight. Well done Brendan and, of course Jo. If they hadn't been against Jade and Ian, I would have been very happy for them to stay in the competition so that she could do her 'good' dance. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I've said on other threads, Brendan has charmed me more in the last couple of year than I'd have thought possible. I loved how supportive and defensive he was of Jo, and I thought his choreography has been really good and unselfish. I'll even forgive him his little strop last week for being so charming with Jo. :)
  • Options
    BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    Brendan was great......I don't know why but I half expected him to say this was going to be his last series .........I hope its not.
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    I agree Brendan was charming this year (last week the exception - but think that many people would have blown at those comments).

He certainly gave Jo an experience to remember with her whole Strictly experience - which is something I did not foresee. Tonight's dance off brought a smile to my face - it had quite a bit of "fluff" about it. When a pro dancer can somehow choreograph to their celeb partner's level and not overshadow them - however high the inclination takes an understanding pro....

For all his faults (and there are several), Brendan got my respect this year!

[I might even be tempted to buy a ticket to see his touring show now!]
  • Options
    carol northcarol north Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brandan was really great with Jo. They were a lovely partnership and brought joy and fun to strictly. He was so caring and supportive to Jo and has made SCD a great experience for her.

Loved Jo (and I thought she was going to annoy me) she was so much fun and everyone seemed to get on with her.
    I shall miss them both.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,038
    Forum Member
    I'll miss them. Brendan was so lovely this series and he really seemed to want to make sure Jo enjoyed herself as well as learn how to dance. She might never have been a proper dancer but atleast she enjoyed her time.

Going to miss them :( they really were brilliant.
  • Options
    Auds77Auds77 Posts: 1,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked their partnership and I'm glad Jo enjoyed her time on Strictly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,239
    Forum Member
    Other than his silly stamp off the other night, I think he has been lovely this series. He has really mellowed and matured over the years and I think his dancing with Jo was always considerate and generous. I found their relationship quite touching.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't a bit surprised about Brendan at all. Camilla has always said that he's a great person, very caring and kind.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Brendan, and I'm pleased that the judges have recognised how well he's worked with Jo. Len's been especially good there.

I suspect that a lot of the criticism directed at Brendan in recent years has been because people did not like his partners (Kelly, Lisa) and that it's been easier to see his good qualities now that he's been partnered with someone more popular.
  • Options
    Nox_1Nox_1 Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    It doesn't take much of a leap of imagination to realise that Jo and Brendan knew this was the last dance. I can't lip read, but by his smiles and demeanour, it looked like he was telling Jo to just relax and have a great time which is what she did.

It looked like his focus wasn't on his own dancing, but more on making Jo feel confident and sexy and I thought that was very sweet of him.
  • Options
    Philly1234Philly1234 Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so glad to see this thread!

Absolutely well done, Brendan! I started laughing and clapping when he lifted Jo at the beginning of that last dance.

I'm sure Jo had the time of her life. They were really a great partnership, and I've never really taken to Brendan until this series. I was fine with his walking off last week, and that last samba was perfect. Can't say anything bad about him tonight.