Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    Loved this movie
  • Options
    Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    I saw it on Friday. I really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw this on Friday too. I really enjoyed it! Sandra Bullock was great in it as was Quinton Aaron who plays Michael Oher- would definately recommend going to see it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum wants to see this, I think because Sanda Bullock is in it. I don't think she'll at all be interested in it, but I won't tell her that:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing more than a rather bland, made-for-tv film.

Meryl Streep was so robbed! Her performance in Julie & Julia was quite frankly in a different league.

Spot on review here.
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched it last night, its very good and she is ageing very well.
  • Options
    pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    "2020.2009.12.29.The.Blind.Side.HDTV.XviD-2WiRE" video of the Oprah interview is on the piratebay etc.
    You decide on the legality etc, i think its ok for a news show, its an interview including the real woman. search for 2020
  • Options
    Jay BigzJay Bigz Posts: 5,338
    Forum Member

Meryl Streep was so robbed! Her performance in Julie & Julia was quite frankly in a different league.

Spot on review here.

Which was oscar nominated, so not really.

Made for T.V movies do not have high budgets, and do not get nominated for Oscars.

I wouldn't call it 'bland' either, as that would suggest the movie had no substance, or powerful performances, which is incorrect - 'Boring' maybe for those who prefer to be bombarded with special effects, high speed car chases, and lots of action. It's all down to personal 'taste'.
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member

Spot on review here.

Totally agree, middle America cheesy schmaltz, Yes it's Sandras best performance ever, Oscar winning, Carrie Mulligan & Meryl were both robbed. But hey she won't be the first or last actress to be given an undeserved Oscar.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this film yesterday and wasn't expecting it to live up to the expectation's of being Oscar worthy. But i was really suprised at how the story and pace of the film just flowed and kept me interested throughout. Even though i had to leave 30 min's before the end.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    I saw this film yesterday and wasn't expecting it to live up to the expectation's of being Oscar worthy. But i was really suprised at how the story and pace of the film just flowed and kept me interested throughout. Even though i had to leave 30 min's before the end.

Would you go back to see the end?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw The Blind Side today. I have mixed feelings. I loved Sandra Bullock, indeed the whole family. However, there is a part of me that thinks it's sad and strange that in the richest country in the world, that happenstance helped change that young man's life. America Seems to be a really strange place, with communities of extreme rich and poor living parallel lives, just streets away from each other.

Anyhoo a bittersweet film for me because of this, but I'd recommend the film. I'll probably get the DVD when released.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved this film. It really makes you realise how lucky you are. I'll be getting it on DVD when it comes out. Thought Sandra Bullock was brilliant, as were all the cast, especially little SJ. Really liked seeing the real-life photos of the family when the credits went up too. Made you remember that it actually happened.

Lovely film, great story.
  • Options
    Devon MilesDevon Miles Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Loved this film, great performance by Sandra Bullock. The film, i feel, tells the story in a way that makes great viewing - especially as it has the barriers of being based on a true story - a tip to anyone who hasnt seen is yet - watch the final credits as you get photo's of the real-life people involved and it kind of adds to the whole thing.

observation in spoilers for those who haven't seen it:
    The cynical side of me does wonder if the reality of the story is that (as they were accused) they took the guy in purely to groom him to play for their old college. I hope not
  • Options
    FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    h007 wrote: »
    didnt know it was a true story until the end when they showed the real family

Michael Oher had a very good rookie season in the NFL and could be a long term star.

I saw reviews which said this was a slow, dull film at the start and only picked up in the 2nd hour.

I thought it was the other way round.

The first hour was excellent in the way it showed the relationships growing from concern to love on one side and from restrained to trusting on the other. Although the Sports Coach was interested in Michael for his sports teams the Touhy's cared about him as a person from the start. It was a long while before it became apparent to them that he had potential as even a moderate College player.

In hour 2 it goes more Hollywood. The HS Coach becomes a pretty ludicrous character and , the 'blocking all the way downfield and into the stand' scene was ridiculous.

I shall read the book soon (a friend has it and says it's excellent) and check the truth about the NCAA investigation and the, frankly unlikely, follow up scene when Michael disappears.

I became aware of Michael Oher situation before the NFL draft last year - a fantastic, heartwarming story.
  • Options
    cockneycockney Posts: 1,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went to see this last night & it's a top film :)
  • Options
    Chris123Chris123 Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digging up and old thread as I have just watched this film. Wasn't expecting much from it but it was excellent.

Sandra Bullock was very good throughout, a very strong character. The little kid was great also!
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    watched this last night on blu ray

such a brilliant film!

i wont lie,i shed a tear on the closing credits when i realised it was a true story
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, fantastic film, very heartwarming and moving. The scene where Michael's
    walking through the streets in the rain shivering in just a t-shirt is really upsetting. Not to mention when he says he's never owned a bed before.
    Bullock was superb. What a film! :)
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wouldnt expect if you a rich texan republican family would you?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw this film on the plane back from cyprus this year. I wouldnt have watched it if it hadnt have been shown, but i really liked it. Might have to re-watch at some point.