Options

Cheryl having a go at Wagner about his comments in the press

Comments

• Options
    NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    mamunia_oh wrote: »
    His response however was far more eloquent than I've ever seen Cheryl.[/QUOTE

The reason her response was eloquent was because she (or someone else) had prepared it for her

:confused: Don't you mean his response?
  • Options
    wendy09wendy09 Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wagner should just give her the mic and ask her to sing live ..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    I was just absolutely disgusted at that tonight. This series of X Factor is a joke. Cheryle was so immature and out of order. i hope Wagner stays in now. you do not do that in front of the camera live on TV when you know just what the papers are like. Grow up girl and stop acting like the chav you are.
  • Options
    winniebeerwinniebeer Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Laura* wrote: »
    I know I shouldn't have, but I did laugh out loud. :o:D

As for Cheryl why on earth did she need to bring it up on national TV? I really don't think it did her any favours whatsoever, especially when Jamaroqui was on last week and said a lot worse and she never said a word.

that's it in a nutshell - she didn't break breath when Jay Kay was on and had said much worse about her! I thought it was totally inappropriate for her to choose that time to bring it up - as others have said, so much is reported week in week out - why did she pick on that and on live tv! totally uncalled for.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bizarre thing is that she told everyone on the same show to ignore the accusations in the press about Cher.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    Is this the same Cheryl who last year blasted the girld band (forgot their name) for wearing provacative clothing then appeared the following week wearing even less herself?

One thing that the producers have never forgotten is never to over-estimate the general publics willingness to be lead by the nose. it's why this show, the Sun etc always make money.

We may be having a conversation on this thread and trying to get an understanding about what really went on - millions upon millions of viewers (and phone voters with their £1) just lap it all up.

Maybe this year the novelty act (Jedward, Same difference etc) has back fired on them.
  • Options
    EllefEllef Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I thought Danni's comments were meant more as a joke, a reference to the performance of Viva Las Vegas/Wonder of You that were like a wedding. But I thought she could have commented more on his singing/performance!

Oh *light dawns*, I think you might be right there, I thought she was talking about his real life situation.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I don't think she meant that, but Dannii still seemed a bit cold and mean IMO.
  • Options
    ToadieTheLawmanToadieTheLawman Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was unprofessional and silly of her
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    VERY unprofessional (like a teacher telling of a student in front of the rest of the class)! Not a Wagner fan but he gave a good response and she ended up looking foolish! She really is not the nations sweatheart this year!
  • Options
    RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,242
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I thought Danni's comments were meant more as a joke, a reference to the performance of Viva Las Vegas/Wonder of You that were like a wedding. But I thought she could have commented more on his singing/performance!

Dannii's comments were a joke, and a reference to Wagner's 'themed' performances...and I have no issue with that.

Cheryl however was out of order, there is no need to publicly have dig at a contestant over things they may or may not have said in the press.

also more to the point...if Wagner did indeed say she is just a council estate girl who got lucky...then its hardly outrageous, as that is the truth!

she didn't become famous through hard work, she went on a TV show and got instant fame...the same kind of TV show, and instant fame Wagner is hoping for.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Youtube?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    she didn't become famous through hard work, she went on a TV show and got instant fame...the same kind of TV show, and instant fame Wagner is hoping for.

well said.

And if any one here really has a beef about the show you can always complain to the powrs that be (Ofcom) about contestant abuse!

https://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/specific-programme-epg
  • Options
    bexmil89bexmil89 Posts: 4,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wendy09 wrote: »
    wagner should just give her the mic and ask her to sing live ..

Cheryl sing live? Don't be silly :p

I loved how Wagner made her look stupid on live TV! She was wrong to bring it up to try and sabotage him and turn the public against him. Like people said, if she was that bothered about it then she would have spoken to him about it in private, What annoys me is that cheryl tells the public not to believe what is written about her acts in the press, so is it one rule for her and another rule for everyone else! I'm sick of her! Luckily Wagner put her in her place
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    Cheryl is so far up her own backside it's unbelievable. Wagner's comments were completely accurate. She did get lucky considering she has no discernible talent whatsoever.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    mmmh:confused:...She can pick on who she considers a 'nobody' to explain 'comments;' but didn't have the bottle to ask Jay Dee to explain his comments when he appeared on the show. . What does this say about her I wonder.:rolleyes: :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her outburst alone has made me feel like voting for the first time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love how Cheryl gets all the stick on here. I really like both Cheryl and Dannii, but if Dannii had said this people would admire her for standing up to nasty comments.. so stupid. Wagner to go.
  • Options
    roth30roth30 Posts: 3,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who better Wagner or Cheryl FIGHT as Harry Hill would say.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    If she read something that she didn't like in the press, she REALLY should have brought it up with Wagner off camera! It was just totally poor form for her to have brought it up straight after Wagners performance, where not only does he have to over come a language barrier but was breathless also.

The whole thing speaks volumes.

I don't know what Cheryls problem was. Totally unclassy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    LilNC90 wrote: »
    I love how Cheryl gets all the stick on here. I really like both Cheryl and Dannii, but if Dannii had said this people would admire her for standing up to nasty comments.. so stupid. Wagner to go.

I don't know who you're speaking for here, but Danni is my favourite judge and IF she had called Wagner out on live tv with regards to some comments that may or may not have been said, straight after Wagners perfomance, then I would be saying the same of her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kishan wrote: »
    I don't know who you're speaking for here, but Danni is my favourite judge and IF she had called Wagner out on live tv with regards to some comments that may or may not have been said, straight after Wagners perfomance, then I would be saying the same of her.

As a general point- i obviously cant speak for every single person on the forum but it is very biased towards Dannii- like i said.. i like both of them, but like on Xtra Factor last week- Dannii was rude to Konnie on tv and it didn't even seem a big deal.
  • Options
    FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LilNC90 wrote: »

I'd like to think myself as objective and while Dannii has been my favourite judge for a while now, I would think it would be wholly unprofessional for her to do what Cheryl did. But that hasn't happened and he we are...it'll probably happen next week. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Cheryl said it deliberately for TV/media attention purposes.
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some things are best left said backstage and last nights comments from Cheryl was a prime example

Very unprofessional and if he stays tonight and one of her acts goes, the blame will be firmly on her shoulders for not keeping her big unprofessional mouth shut