Options

Lee Nelson - BBC Three

Frunchy2904Frunchy2904 Posts: 97
Forum Member
Lee Nelson's new series - Well Funny People, sorry....wasn't funny at all. Really looked forward to seeing this but what a load of drivel....

Comments

• Options
    roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,928
    Forum Member
    To be fair though, it kinda makes sense that it's not funny.

It's Lee Nelson.
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    I don't get Lee Nelson. The 'funny' part of his act seems to be that he speaks like a chav. There are millions of chavs in this country who talk like that, and they're about as funny as having your willy cut off with a rusty breadknife!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    Such a shame that Simon Brodkin gave up being a doctor to play such an unfunny "comedy" character.
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeoBa92 wrote: »
    Such a shame that Simon Brodkin gave up being a doctor to play such an unfunny "comedy" character.

he was a doctor:eek:
  • Options
    Mystic DaveMystic Dave Posts: 1,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen his own shows, but he was very good as the chav in Al Murray's Multi-Personality Breakdown. Maybe he was like Enfield with Kevin or Gervais with Brent in catching a popular image very well, but otherwise not being funny?:confused:
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was watching it last night, I found it very funny.

Weirdly, I thought it was scripted well.
  • Options
    thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If this is classed as comedy then god help us...I somehow watched fifteen minutes of this shite and felt cringeworthy sorry for the guy
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt mind the show he did with the audience and his fat mate but the sketches were awful without the lee nelson character last night.
  • Options
    mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His first show on BBC3 didn't even warrant me watching the whole thing as it was so bad.
    Medical person who go in to comedy isn't so unusual at all.
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member
    Brodkin was excellent doing the "Dame Edna" schtick of talking to the audience in character, ad-libbing etc.

Not so good at sketch comedy.

Was it me or were some of them a bit racist - the Jewish one and Nigerian pastor were a bit "Mind your Language" for me.
  • Options
    bearbum72bearbum72 Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    Brodkin was excellent doing the "Dame Edna" schtick of talking to the audience in character, ad-libbing etc.

Was it me or were some of them a bit racist - the Jewish one and Nigerian pastor were a bit "Mind your Language" for me.

i thought it was frowned upon for a "white" guy to "black" up? but it was kinda funny, but i did take a breath.
  • Options
    RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find myself fast forwarding through most of it.

He's even showing off his body in this series to try and drum up a bit of interest :eek:

Besides it being crap, I wonder if some of the antics of the doctor character will have a detramental effect on his career as a doctor eg touching up patients (going on the assumption that he will return to his former career as his comedy career will be short lived).
  • Options
    DeanDSDeanDS Posts: 1,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »

Yes, I enjoyed his interaction with the audience on his "well good show", but like Al Murray's Pub Landlord (Who I also think is good with the audience), it may be his only good character.

The Geordie Chef was probably the worst. I did give up on the series.