Options

Tottenham Hotspur fans on the forum? (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's good to see a change of system, to a more attack based one, particularly against West Ham in this game.

Everyone should be up for making an impression on the new manager, including Adebayor.

A good attacking performance, with some goals will give everyone fresh impetus.
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    442 interesting. Apparently Walker is captain??!

West Ham seem to be fielding a somewhat reserve side tonight.
  • Options
    WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    team is in and does appear to be 4-4-2
    .............Lloris

Walker...Chiriches...Capoue...Rose

Townsend..Dembele..Sigurdsson..Lennon

........Adebayor...Defoe

Subs:

Friedel, Fredricks, Fryers, Chadli, Eriksen, Holtby, Soldado

Saying that, could still be 4-3-3 though ..
    .............Lloris

Walker...Chiriches...Capoue...Rose

...Townsend..Dembele...Lennon

............Sigurdsson

........Adebayor...Defoe

Can't believe that Adebeyor gets a start having ridiculed the club regardless of any misunderstanding. Why put right footed Lennon on left and left footed Townsend on right !

Watch out genius at work. He may be listening in part, but still is making the same AVB mistakes.
  • Options
    PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    a more attack-based system, purely by looking at names on a piece of paper, and with no conclusive idea of how they'll line up?
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodentop wrote: »
    Can't believe that Adebeyor gets a start having ridiculed the club regardless of any misunderstanding. Why put right footed Lennon on left and left footed Townsend on right !

Watch out genius at work. He may be listening in part, but still is making the same AVB mistakes.

lennon is most likely on the right, i just typed it up that way :)

anyway, i'm retreating to watch the highlights tonight at 11pm so will be avoiding the result .. here's hoping for a good 'un ..
  • Options
    Knarf44Knarf44 Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still no place for Lamela not even on the bench????? Thought he might start in this game but Sherwood is playing it safe somewhat with his selection. In Jason' lineup Capoue will play RCB and Chilriches LCB and Lennon and Townsend will be on their natural sides but will probably interchange during the game.

Not sure of Dembele as the DM but I guess he's the only one available. Just hope he's a bit more awake than he was against Liverpool as he kept losing the ball in our half. Expect the Spammers MCs to harrass him non-stop as they know he takes a while to pass the ball.

Adebayor will probably play a floating role across the front but don't expect him to last 90mins. Reckon we'll just get one half out of him.

Keep hearing people refer to Sigurdsson as a no.10 but personally don't think he has the skillset for it - hoping he'll prove me wrong tonight.
  • Options
    Knarf44Knarf44 Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More energy but even with the changes so far just huff and puff. Defoe being wasteful and our two wingers still can't find a white shirt in the box. Important next 45 mins..
  • Options
    Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    I don't think our players shoot at goal in training as well as in games!!!
  • Options
    The_MothThe_Moth Posts: 7,751
    Forum Member
    Adebayor - it was inevitable wasn't it.
  • Options
    mabbus-cattus1mabbus-cattus1 Posts: 5,777
    Forum Member
    Woodentop wrote: »

LOL. Bet you're pleased now.

Update: Typical - Famous last words!!
  • Options
    OGBOGB Posts: 9,229
    Forum Member
    2-1. Seriously? No, really? I must have done something bad in a former life. COYS!
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sherwood Out!
  • Options
    MartinPMartinP Posts: 31,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Sherwood Out!

We need Ramos back if we want to win the league cup ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tell you what, I for one am really glad we changed to a more attack based system. Townsend and Stanley Lennon Matthews on the wings, a big 'un and a little 'un up front, ooh suits you sir!
  • Options
    grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,957
    Forum Member
    I've spotted the cunning plan. Mid-January and we are clear to concentrate on the Cup that nobody wants.
  • Options
    mabbus-cattus1mabbus-cattus1 Posts: 5,777
    Forum Member
    Difficult being a Spurs fan at the moment in a family of Arsenal fans. :mad: :cry::(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think everything should be in our favour tonight. The new manager factor, revenge for the 3-0, quickly regaining some reputation after the thrashing on Sunday, and West Hams injury woes.

Well, that turned out to be a good prediction. :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hmmm...

Oh to be on the wall in the office of Mr Levy tonight. I'd be apoplectic with rage right now if I were him... Then realise I was mainly annoyed at myself. For the record, putting it out there, I don't want Capello. I don't feel he'd be a good fit - nothing personal, but we play(ed) with a certain style and freedom that I'm not sure is conducive to Fabio.

The triumvate of Sherwood/Ferdi/Ramsey til the end of the season - I think not. We can still be there or there abouts with some strong leadership, tactical nous and guidance. Not sure about Hoddle. Sacked first time around but he's a legend at WHL and I fear my loyalty is tinged with a rose tinted hue. My über Spurs legend is Crooksy - I have sad daydreams of him as our Manager. As for Harry, I wasn't happy when he went. Wiser fans than I believed he had maxxed out on his potential and despised him being a media ****. I was more interested in our league position. AVB - I was open to him. Still don't harbour massive ill feelings toward him, but I do now wonder what really happened at Chelsea. No smoke without fire comes to mind.

Am dreading the announcement of the new Manager. Feel like putting an embargo on watching us again until I hear that we have vented our frustrations on an unsuspecting team with a 7-1 win away from home. Sadly, I am weak and will undoubtedly subject myself to more of the same.

Tis the season to be jolly, tra lalalalalalal la la la ^_^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Levy must feel very proud of his decision to sack Harry, and see where we've gone from there.

Same happened when he sacked Jol.

Hopefully things will get better soon. We should write off this season, and try to get a system in place that these players can play to. Not sure what that is though.

A couple more defeats, and Tim could be on his way though, and the available Mr Hoddle could then have a go.
  • Options
    SuperSpursSuperSpurs Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OGB wrote: »
    My über Spurs legend is Crooksy - I have sad daydreams of him as our Manager.

Can you imagine how long the team talks/press conferences would take? :D:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :confused: I really do scratch my head at some of the things I read on here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SuperSpurs wrote: »
    Can you imagine how long the team talks/press conferences would take? :D:o

That would actually be hilarious :D The king of the measured compound question. He'd be fielding questions and dissecting his own answers with thoughtful analysis! Only thing that would top that in a press conference would be if Paxman was the Director of Football and they took turns in answering. :o
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    absolutely gutted with the result last night. i was desperate enough for us to win the match long before AVB went on his way and I was even more desperate for the result when i sat down to watch the highlights on sky.

the difference in playing styles was like night and day really - no more possession based knocking the ball around, it was certainly back to basics in getting the ball wide and trying to get it into the box and i think we did ok in that respect.

it's far too early to judge whether or not sherwood will be any kind of success though, but i certainly think he's started off well enough by essentially going back to basics.

and no, i still don't want hoddle either ..

at least i can take a small crumb of comfort knowing the spammers won't make it past the semi finals ..

quite excited to read this though ..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/next-tottenham-manager-frank-de-2941131
    Spurs' director of football Franco Baldini has identified Ajax boss De Boer as the perfect fit to develop young players, play stylish football and show a glittering CV.

It is understood discreet enquiries have already been made to sound out De Boer and his advisers about the vacancy created at the White Hart Lane club on Monday by Andre Villas-Boas' departure.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We played well for 80 minutes or so. Considering the CM pairing, and another new CB pairing, West Ham didn't cause us many problems. Good work from Defoe for the goal, and a good finish from Ade. Then two balls in the box, and here we are. Let them now think they're awesome, someone just needs to remind them they are sitting one point above the relegation zone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    absolutely gutted with the result last night. i was desperate enough for us to win the match long before AVB went on his way and I was even more desperate for the result when i sat down to watch the highlights on sky.

the difference in playing styles was like night and day really - no more possession based knocking the ball around, it was certainly back to basics in getting the ball wide and trying to get it into the box and i think we did ok in that respect.

it's far too early to judge whether or not sherwood will be any kind of success though, but i certainly think he's started off well enough by essentially going back to basics.
    back to basics is going backwards though. 4-4-2 with 2 wingers and strikers is dead in the modern game. if that's the grand plan going forward, then we can forget about improvement in anything except perception.
This discussion has been closed.