The Chase (ITV) (Part 3)

Comments

• doe_a_deerdoe_a_deer Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but...

Is where your argument routinely falls down. And that extra step can be nullified by having to wait longer before passing.

I don't think anyone minds a strong quizzer coming down as far as neutral if it's clear that they'll be a major help?

Eh?

How does my argument fall down? It IS an extra brain in the final which over 2 minutes worth of questions means an average of several extra steps minimum. Obviously this will vary with the quality of player and the amount of players already through but we can't use hindsight to say 'that extra player answered no questions,' we have to look at it as an average.
  • JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trumpton was well known kids tv and even I knew that, she can't be that young

She knew all the songs even though they must have been 'well before her time'

Why are they calling her a good player, she was hopeless.
  • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trumpton was well known kids tv and even I knew that, she can't be that young

She knew all the songs even though they must have been 'well before her time'

Why are they calling her a good player, she was hopeless.

............but, apart from that, you liked her, did you? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ............but, apart from that, you liked her, did you? :D

I suppose she was not too shabby :blush:

It's all set up for Seat 4 (coincidentally happens to be the youngster :o) taking the minus and upsetting everyone on here except doe_a_deer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear. A silly one for Sue to go out on.
    Nerves got the better of her.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    I was born in the 80s and I've heard of Trumpton.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Team started off well in Final Chase but fell away, not enough to beat Mark
  • GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I was born in the 80s and I've heard of Trumpton.

Didn't Channel 4 buy the rights and show it in the 80s? It's the same with old movies. They say they're too young to know but old movies are never off the telly.
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Two out, two too go - Anne is on fire! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Girdles were quite big in the 60's , oo'er missus
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like the team will win tomorrow or Friday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard was a bit unlucky but with a generous low offer he should have taken Jo's advice and gone for the £2K
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That must be about the easiest win a Chaser has ever had.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    must be most boring episode ever LOL
  • Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anne did not get a single question wrong in the entire episode, and people think Mark is a better chaser ^_^
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    She got the Copenhagen question wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard was a bit unlucky but with a generous low offer he should have taken Jo's advice and gone for the £2K

But hindsight is a wonderful thing. :)
    lea_uk wrote: »
    She got the Copenhagen question wrong.

You're right. She did. I'd never heard that Roskilde was the Danish capital before Copenhagen. I'd have gone for Odense.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was odd how Michael kept turning his back on Fiona in the final chase.
  • RrosesRroses Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No he didn't . Not odd at all. Just watched it again with the sound off. His position was no different from the other team who were concentrating on Bradley giving the questions.
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Either way, Michael didn't deserve the money. Gutless twerp, riding off the coat tails.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Either way, Michael didn't deserve the money. Gutless twerp, riding off the coat tails.

Agree, didn't like him at all but special mention to Fiona who played a blinder and lives just a couple of miles from me, a very likeable girl.
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member

I noticed that too; every time they were conferring on a pushback he (probably accidentally) turned his back right on her so she couldn't get in to the group discussion.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rroses wrote: »
    No he didn't . Not odd at all. Just watched it again with the sound off. His position was no different from the other team who were concentrating on Bradley giving the questions.

I disagree. I went for a browse on Twitter earlier out of curiosity and it looks like it was noted by folk on there, too. As for yesterday's show itself, Fiona was a superb player.
    I noticed that too; every time they were conferring on a pushback he (probably accidentally) turned his back right on her so she couldn't get in to the group discussion.

Hi Mr Slug. Yep, it was kinda annoying. Ah well.

I think next week's shows are repeats. It says so anyways on the Radio Times site.
  • RrosesRroses Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ah.. during discussions, rather than answers, I see it now.
    Bit silly if he was excluding one of the better players in the team. he didn't contribute much.
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I disagree. I went for a browse on Twitter earlier out of curiosity and it looks like it was noted by folk on there, too. As for yesterday's show itself, Fiona was a superb player.

Hi Mr Slug. Yep, it was kinda annoying. Ah well.

I think next week's shows are repeats. It says so anyways on the Radio Times site.

It'll be repeats for the next two weeks, I imagine, as it's the school holidays and they never show new episodes then. Don't really understand the reasoning behind that decision...
This discussion has been closed.