Options

Brooklyn Beckham Gets Job in Coffee Shop.

Comments

• Options
    Julia_WebbJulia_Webb Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You just know the media (paps) are going to be visiting every coffee shop in West London next Saturday to get the 'exclusive' money shot!!
  • Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    Just what I was going to say BIB. Your mum/dads friend needs a bit of help on a weekend in whatever business, common practice as far as I am concerned.

My only worry would be weirdos turning up at the coffee shop & harassing the boy.
    I must admit I find many of the reactions on this thread plain odd. I'd understand if he'd walked straight into a job at Abercrombie & Fitch and their usual policy was not to employ under 16's but he's got a little job in a coffee shop, good luck to him I say.

And therein lies the crux, if they'd let their boy have an anonymous childhood he wouldn't be in danger of weirdos turning up or crowds of rubber neckers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the backlash seems really over the top.

I do think the rich can't do right for doing wrong sometimes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    I guess the coffee shop is going to be the real winner, quite a bit of publicity for them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grey Lady wrote: »
    Some of the backlash seems really over the top.

I do think the rich can't do right for doing wrong sometimes.

More confusion than backlash, they make their son into a media 'face', then want him to be a regular Joe at weekends, you can't just open and close Pandora's box.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I have always liked the Beckhams and think they are very grounded good parents. This is showing their kids the value of money and that they have to make their own way in the world...and rightly so
  • Options
    nitenursenitenurse Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt he's going to show up in a suit and tie. Put him in black slacks and a white shirt and apron stained with coffee and I wouldn't recognize him.
  • Options
    pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    Did he have to sit through an interview up against 40 other applicants most of whom were possibly from Eastern Europe? How long will the job last, or is it just another headline maker for 'Brand Beckham'?

Well, well, there's something we can discuss till the cows come home because we are so f***ing bored and have nothing else going on in our lives. Here's another topic: I got on a bus today, just as I did twice last week.
  • Options
    Rose*~*Rose*~* Posts: 7,008
    Forum Member
    Glad to see he's getting an actual job. Let's just hope they won't treat him like a celeb, but give him a chance to do the dishes and serve customers and clean tables. He might actually enjoy it.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has he even got a national insurance number yet?!
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    That's great he get a real job, so what the problems?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pfgpowell wrote: »
    Well, well, there's something we can discuss till the cows come home because we are so f***ing bored and have nothing else going on in our lives. Here's another topic: I got on a bus today, just as I did twice last week.

Sorry to hear you're so f***ing bored and don't have much going on in your life, commiserations, maybe you could elaborate some more on your bus trip? ;-)
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He'll be on Good Morning Britain next boasting about how many "celebs" he's served coffee to.

Seriously, all this fuss because he's got a job in a coffee shop?!!! What about those struggling to find work?
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    The kid gets a job, he's in the wrong, the kid lives off his parents name and money, he's in the wrong.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The kid gets a job, he's in the wrong, the kid lives off his parents name and money, he's in the wrong.

There's nothing wrong with him having a job, i just don't understand how this is classed "news"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with him having a job, i just don't understand how this is classed "news"

Because somebody thought for some reason a kid getting a job is news? I don't think it is news but reactions to him having a job in some places have been ridiculous
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And therein lies the crux, if they'd let their boy have an anonymous childhood he wouldn't be in danger of weirdos turning up or crowds of rubber neckers.

100% spot on. The Beckham's children are instantly recognisable. There are plenty of celebrity kids whose parents choose to pixelate their faces (Kate Moss is one example). The Beckhams have actually promoted Brooklyn and Romeo in high profile modelling shoots.

I've always been amazed at how such an extremely wealthy couple choose to put their children at risk of kidnapping tbh.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did he have to sit through an interview up against 40 other applicants most of whom were possibly from Eastern Europe? How long will the job last, or is it just another headline maker for 'Brand Beckham'?

He might want independence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »

It isn't, that's why it's in the showbiz section? :confused: The Beckhams wanted fame for their kids, now they get watched and reported on in everything that they do, be careful what you wish for I guess.
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    100% spot on. The Beckham's children are instantly recognisable. There are plenty of celebrity kids whose parents choose to pixelate their faces (Kate Moss is one example). The Beckhams have actually promoted Brooklyn and Romeo in high profile modelling shoots.

I've always been amazed at how such an extremely wealthy couple choose to put their children at risk of kidnapping tbh.

It's going a bit too far trying to blam the parents if their kids possibly get kidnapped, because they have been doing some modeling jobs. And yes, they are recognized by the masses, because they've been pictured often, it still wouldn't make it the parents fault if the kids got harmed in any way.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I don't agree with celeb kids being in the media before they're old enough to decide for themselves and I do think the Beckhams are as bad as Price and Andre when it comes to selling the kids.

However, this isn't really anything to do with that. It's about a teenage boy (who is now old enough to decide if he wants to be in the public gaze or not) being shown not to expect things to be handed to you on a plate and that no one owes you a living.
  • Options
    MelodyMakerMelodyMaker Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe the replies here. Good on him for getting a job, learning to work for his money. So what if he got the job because of connections, or through an interview, when I was 15, most of the kids I knew got their jobs through their parents. And none of them made careers out of those jobs, it was a way to earn our way a bit, learning to respect hard work and earned cash.

All I have ever heard of the Beckham kids is how well mannered they are, and this seems to be a good way for the Beckhams to teach and educate their eldest son. Good for them!

Sensible post - agreed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think the Beckham's are quite near the level of Katie and Peter. Two of their kids have done modelling jobs and have their picture taken by a pap now and again, Price and Andre used to put their kids on national TV, have their lives followed by video camera for weeks, appearing in trashy magazines. I don't think they are even close to being like Price and Andre
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the Beckham's are quite near the level of Katie and Peter. Two of their kids have done modelling jobs and have their picture taken by a pap now and again, Price and Andre used to put their kids on national TV, have their lives followed by video camera for weeks, appearing in trashy magazines. I don't think they are even close to being like Price and Andre

They're not so bad now, admittedly, but they were very much the Katie and Peter of their day. They were always in OK posing with the kids from a very young age. They have never chosen to pixellate the kids' faces like other celebs at their level of fame might choose to do.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,273
    Forum Member
    codeblue wrote: »
    This is just p.r.

and you know this how? Both of them didn't exactly come from a lot of money. So i could see them not spoiling their children.