Options

Is there a compelling case to buy a next gen console yet?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    To be fair, Sony has barely supported theirs either.

Can't really argue with that, but some key differences are -

- PS4 camera was never mandatory.

- Every PS4 comes with a free camera "game" and free DLC.

- It's very popular on the game-streaming service.

- The camera will be essential once Project Morpheus launches.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Yup, I got mine for Morpheus. I don't see it as wasted money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup, I got mine for Morpheus. I don't see it as wasted money.

True. I might pick up a second PS Move as well. I saw one for £6 the other day - I think they'll be pretty much essential with the VR headset.

You can play Sports Friends with them too.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    True. I might pick up a second PS Move as well. I saw one for £6 the other day - I think they'll be pretty much essential with the VR headset.

You can play Sports Friends with them too.

I seen people with Move in their hands on the Sportsfriends game but I thought they only worked with the ps3. I didn't realise they were PS4 compatible. If I see cheapies I might get em but I'll be in no rush.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seen people with Move in their hands on the Sportsfriends game but I thought they only worked with the ps3. I didn't realise they were PS4 compatible. If I see cheapies I might get em but I'll be in no rush.

Yeah, they work on the PS4. You can even use motion controls to swoosh through the menus if you're so inclined.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Well Infamous was a great purchase and I picked up Destiny today.

Will drop back to PS3 for the new Borderlands game and the odd KZ3 go.
  • Options
    ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought an Xbox One... controller for my PC the other day. Took a while but finally got it working (some optional .NET updates weren't installed - I was getting a code 37 error on Windows 7 device manager).
  • Options
    mattlewis86mattlewis86 Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was the same as the OP, couldn't see any reason for buying a next gen console as not many games interest me. I was also going to buy a PS4 when I upgraded. However I now have pre-ordered the FIFA 15 Xbox one bundle as I think it's a reasonable price which the PS4 can't match.

FIFA is one of the games I will play along with COD and the new WWE2K15 as well as Batman next year, there may be one or two others along the way, I had a 360 before so it just made sense for me to order the Xbox FIFA bundle, now I have I can't wait to get it.
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Still no real reason to buy into any of them at the moment, I'd say wait til 2015, as that seems to be where everything is delayed to.