Adam Boulton debate question.

2»

Comments

• CyrilTheWaspCyrilTheWasp Posts: 2,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bananafish wrote: »
    He was very poor.

And the less said about Kay Burley the better.

It all seemed quite shabby even compared to ITV.

I agree.

Cameron got the easy ride I fully expected.

Sky should be banned from holding future elections debates.

The bias was not even subtle.
  • pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    BBTweets wrote: »
    It would be hilarious if Cameron lost the election due to his lack of debating skills when Sky pushed so hard for the debate in the first place.

Absolutely! Could go down as one of the worst decisions of any general election, by a political party!
  • solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see all TV debate shows release the rules for impartiality and moderating. I have a sneaking suspicion that Dimbleby on QT veers away from any set of rules now and again.
  • AiramAiram Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    The PM debates are getting better, no thanks to the latest host network, but they're still very artificial with so many rules.

The Scottish leaders' debate and the Chancellors' debate were more natural and energetic, yet they still got their policies across.
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised that there has not been more complaints about Adam Boulton's question to Nick Clegg..
    "You were on the front of the Telegraph today weren't you?"
    Surely that was bang out of order coming from the moderator of the debate.

Role of the moderator:
    58. To moderate the programme
    59. To keep the leaders to the agreed time limits
    60. To ensure free-flowing debate being fair to all candidates over the
    course of the programme.

61. To ensure fairness on the direction of the programme editor
    62. To seek factual clarification where necessary
    63. It is not the moderator’s role to criticise or comment on the leaders.

I can't quite remember the context without watching the debate through again, but the only excuse would have to be under rule 62..and from memory it didn't apply.

He was totally out of order imo and failed to remain impartial. And he certainly had no right to become part of the debate.:mad:
  • Clank007Clank007 Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBTweets wrote: »
    It would be hilarious if Cameron lost the election due to his lack of debating skills when Sky pushed so hard for the debate in the first place.

My God, if people are going to vote based solely on a leader's debating skills then we should all just go home....
  • Nick1966Nick1966 Posts: 15,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's the deal with Kay Burley ? Why is she coming in for criticism ? Only watched about half of last night's debate.
  • BBTweetsBBTweets Posts: 12,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clank007 wrote: »
    My God, if people are going to vote based solely on a leader's debating skills then we should all just go home....

My God, if you think one poster's opinion on how they saw the programme reflects how the rest of the voting population saw it then maybe it's just you who needs to go home.

While you're there you can then perhaps reflect on that superiority complex you appear to have because your method of deciding where you're putting that cross in the box has been carefully analysed, cross-referenced and spellchecked.

Strewth!! :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allafix wrote: »
    At PMQs he's asking the questions and has therefore prepared comebacks. In these debates he can't be sure what's coming up.

Like him or loathe him, Galloway is an excellent, dare I say indefatigable, debater.

My fondest memory of George Galloway was when he surprised most people and went to America and faced a Senate Commitee.

He was excellent in the way he owned them :p