Options

Is It ok for women to use F&C.

Comments

• Options
    MorlockMorlock Posts: 3,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    Presumably people who use foul language in public would be cool about me asking them not to around me.

No, I'd tell you to f**k off.
  • Options
    MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    yes but they seem fine with it and usually swear back in a joking manner :)

Cool. Just interesting to see how differently we're all brought up. Even now, as a grown man I'd still get a good clip round the ear if I used bad language in front of my parents.
  • Options
    MissWalfordMissWalford Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KJ44 wrote: »
    Caesarians notwithstanding, most of us were born via a c--t, so the word is a insult to all our mothers. That's why it's offensive and should only be used as a last resort.

Maybe in your view, but I don't agree with what you're saying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caesarians notwithstanding, most of us were born via a c--t, so the word is a insult to all our mothers. That's why it's offensive and should only be used as a last resort.

That makes no sense whatsoever.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    No matter male or female I don't like to hear to much swearing but I don't think it's worse for a woman to swear than it is a man.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No matter male or female I don't like to hear to much swearing but I don't think it's worse for a woman to swear than it is a man.

That makes you a sexist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Geoff_Mack wrote: »
    That makes you a sexist.

Why?.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why?.

You are treating someone differently based on their gender. That is sexual discrimination and therefore, sexist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You are treating someone differently based on their gender. That is sexual discrimination and therefore, sexist.

How am I treating them differently I said I don't think a woman swearing is any worse than a man swearing
  • Options
    MissWalfordMissWalford Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He just said it isn't worse for a woman to swear than a man, so he is treating people equally...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He just said it isn't worse for a woman to swear than a man, so he is treating people equally...

So he did.

James - please accept my apologies.

It would appear I entirely missed the word "don't" from his post!
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member

The c word can be used as a term of affection/endearment, as in 'you daft c'.
  • Options
    puffenstuffpuffenstuff Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its ironic that the very worst of the worst of the worst of the swear words is "c@nt" and surprise surprise its that part of a womans body that men find so attractive (sex) and repellent (periods, childbirth) all at the same time.

As a women it doesnt bother me if I hear the C word or say it.

What bothers me was having a cancer scare a few weeks ago and having to undergo a very painful biopsy of my vulva and not being able to share my distress with friends and family because mentioning the vulgar vulva is just as taboo as saying c@nt.

Men have willy (playful) and cock ( macho) women have vulva ( makes people pretend to go suddenly deaf and blink) or c@nt (shocking)

Double standards all round.

Instead of limping around like john wayne without his horse I wish Id had the balls (lol) to tell people I had a sore & itchy c@nt.

You cant even type the word or it gets blocked **** **** **** **** ****
  • Options
    SliverOfDiamondSliverOfDiamond Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A blocked **** sounds very painful....

I always think that if someone is resorting to a certain vocabulary, they don't have enough words to express themselves properly, and are generally of a chavvish persuasion. On the other hand some words are so commonly used now, particularly by young people, that they're just about meaningless, I don't even hear them any more. It tends to be the tone of voice and accent that gives away the person using them.
  • Options
    KarlSomethingKarlSomething Posts: 3,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Isn't the point of swears that it's offensive, or at least has some strong meaning to it?

If we used alternate words to mean the exact same thing, then those words should become just as offensive, to those who find the current words offensive.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A blocked **** sounds very painful....

I always think that if someone is resorting to a certain vocabulary, they don't have enough words to express themselves properly, and are generally of a chavvish persuasion. On the other hand some words are so commonly used now, particularly by young people, that they're just about meaningless, I don't even hear them any more. It tends to be the tone of voice and accent that gives away the person using them.

Sometimes 'quim' just doesn't cut it.
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like to swear but sometimes it's necessary and quite frankly no other words will do. And if someone's calling me a c*** then I should be able to throw that insult back at them, no matter how horrible a word it is.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    UKMikey wrote: »
    If someone were to say black people shouldn't swear in a situation where it's OK for other people to, I don't see how that couldn't be interpreted as racist.

Agreed, I would think it was a very dodgy thing for someone to suggest.
  • Options
    AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mutter wrote: »
    Sorry that most here are too sozzled to reply.

Sad that the alcohol problem in the UK is so severe.
    Huh? :confused:

What a strange conclusion to jump to.
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    No, I think when a woman opens her mouth and those words come out she just makes herself look cheap, common and uneducated. I know a lot of men hate it when women speak like that, I work in a male dominated job, out of about 80 men there are 6 women, the other women at work use the F and C words, the men are noticeably far more respectable toward me than the other women, they treat me like a lady because that's how I behave.

Two things amaze me here. One, that the mods let this user name slip past them, and the second, it belongs to a woman! Casual swearing is more unusual with women, I find.
  • Options
    RedRose9191RedRose9191 Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know which forum you're talking about and funnily enough, I don't have a problem with it. As long as they don't use those words around their kids I have no problem with them using them on an online forum.

Besides that forum is fun. It's so easy to troll.
  • Options
    AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know which forum you're talking about and funnily enough, I don't have a problem with it. As long as they don't use those words around their kids I have no problem with them using them on an online forum.

Besides that forum is fun. It's so easy to troll.
    My favourite poster is BuntingAndCupcakes. Except the B and C are transposed.
  • Options
    RedRose9191RedRose9191 Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AnitaS wrote: »
    My favourite poster is BuntingAndCupcakes. Except the B and C are transposed.

Never actually seen that poster before. I like reading the Am I being unreasonable? board the most - 'tis amusing.
  • Options
    StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still don't understand why men think that women care about what they think. You're a man and you find it ugly or offensive or cheap when a woman swears? Tough. Its her life and her choice, she doesnt do it just to annoy you and likewise, she can say what she likes without needing to be judged by you and your petty perceptions of what is and isnt appropriate.

Women are adult people, not children who need to be told what to do, and definitely not toys or decorations for your life to look pretty and be obedient to what you want.
  • Options
    Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    I still don't understand why men think that women care about what they think. You're a man and you find it ugly or offensive or cheap when a woman swears? Tough. Its her life and her choice, she doesnt do it just to annoy you and likewise, she can say what she likes without needing to be judged by you and your petty perceptions of what is and isnt appropriate.

Women are adult people, not children who need to be told what to do, and definitely not toys or decorations for your life to look pretty and be obedient to what you want.

Oh well said!