Options

Mali Plane Crash

MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Has it become news because a European died rather than black people, or is a terrorist pattern emerging?

I hated how is was ignored, but now since one European dead, the press takes notice.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mutter wrote: »
    Has it become news because a European died rather than black people, or is a terrorist pattern emerging?

I hated how is was ignored, but now since one European dead, the press takes notice.

It wasn't ignored, it was on the BBC and Sky news when it disappeared. Until they found the crash site there wasn't a lot to say. We even had a thread about it. It's still on the BBC website front page.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1989515
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member

There's been another plane crash in Mali?

I certainly haven't seen reports about any plane other than Air Algerie AH5017.

Does anyone have a link?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    It wasn't ignored, it was on the BBC and Sky news when it disappeared. Until they found the crash site there wasn't a lot to say. We even had a thread about it. It's still on the BBC website front page.

I thought that one had a passenger list including 27 people from Burkina Faso, 51 French, eight Lebanese, six Algerians, two from Luxembourg, five Canadians, four Germans, one Cameroonian, one Belgian, one Egyptian, one Ukrainian, one Swiss, one Nigerian and one Malian, plus six Spanish crew.

The OP is talking about a crash involving one European.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's been another plane crash in Mali?

I certainly haven't seen reports about any plane other than Air Algerie AH5017.

Does anyone have a link?

That's the one. The OP suggests not one word of the crash was reported until a white person was reported dead.

Load of shit but I think the OP may have an agenda.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that one had a passenger list including 27 people from Burkina Faso, 51 French, eight Lebanese, six Algerians, two from Luxembourg, five Canadians, four Germans, one Cameroonian, one Belgian, one Egyptian, one Ukrainian, one Swiss, one Nigerian and one Malian, plus six Spanish crew.

The OP is talking about a crash involving one European.

From the same report. Remember the OP suggests that the crash wasn't reported at all. Bollocks of course.

On Friday, the UK Foreign Office said a British man was also among the dead. He has yet to be identified.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-28479681
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's the one. The OP suggests not one word of the crash was reported until a white person was reported dead.

Load of shit but I think the OP may have an agenda.

Ah, right!

So it wasn't "ignored", it hasn't just "become news", and there wasn't just "one European"!

Apart from that .... !!!
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The faux-outrage, over nothing I hasten to add, is beginning to seep through your post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Loads of europeans died. Where do you get the one from:confused:

51 French, two from Luxembourg, four Germans, one Belgian,, one Swiss, plus six Spanish crew.

That makes 65:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, right!

So it wasn't "ignored", it hasn't just "become news", and there wasn't just "one European"!

Apart from that .... !!!

Spot on. I wonder if the OP will ask for this thread to be deleted?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You mean the one Brit that died but not the other 65:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was all over the news yesterday, I was watching it as breaking news after I got a news flash from the bbc app. Today it's all over that there were no survivors.

The casualties and their nationalities were released yesterday. It's even on bloody Buzzfeed!

The reason MH17 is bigger news is due to it being shot down over a pure accident and it's exasperated the issues in the Ukraine/Russia war with the world's leaders watching and discussing sanctions on Russia.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member

Eh?

The very first mention I saw of this (ie- yesterday, when it was first confirmed missing) we knew that there were at least 50 French (ergo, European) people aboard.

Is the same school of thought that insists on bringing up "BUT WHAT ABOUT THE IRANIAN AIRLINES FLIGHT THAT WAS SHOT DOWN?!?!?!" every time someone expresses sympathy about MH17, or are you just seeing Africa and assuming "black"?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I forgot to mention that it was a Spanish aircraft too, so European aircraft carrying mostly Europeans. What are you talking about OP?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Biggest thread fail since Brookside's the other day.

As others have said, it was reported as soon as it was known something had happened to it. The news couldn't report much more until they knew it had actually crashed, and until some footage had been released. Now it has it's one of the top news stories. But as Odd Socks said, it may not be quite as high up the news list simply because this one looks like an accident rather than being shot out of the sky.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Beginning when this was first reported and with 6 pages of comments until 14.44 yesterday! :confused:

I wonder what passes for "getting attention" nowadays?:D