Options

Why don't people think Gary is rude?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
Forum Member
I have only been watching CBB about 1/2 as much as civilian BB and haven't read these forums at all (or at least not threads about CBB), so I'm not really sure of the public's thoughts and opinions. Anyway, from watching the show I see Gary as totally rude and disrespectful, but he seems to get saved every eviction. Why?

Comments

• Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    I don't get it either but I see him as the peoples champion. He could pee all over the kitchen and still win. Nothing will change that. He was always going to win
  • Options
    NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cause of his age. Which is stupid.
  • Options
    swan007swan007 Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why people like him either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't any footage of him being rude. He's been very tolerant with all the other HMs who seem to be attacking him constantly and shutting him down before he has a chance to say anything.
  • Options
    ~V~~V~ Posts: 17,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He could be seen to be a touch rude, yes.

I think he's popular because rude is better than aggressive or deluded or self-absorbed or .... You get the picture
  • Options
    chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    when people pick a favorite so strongly like they did for Gary,they can't stand to admit they were wrong.so every excuse under the sun is dished out and every behavior is excused
  • Options
    SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NicoleRich wrote: »
    Cause of his age. Which is stupid.

don't forget he died twice, is brain damaged through a motor bike accident over 30 years ago, suffered from cancer & OD on class A Drugs .....

oh forgot he was nominated for an oscar around 1980 & is a Hollywood actor

*rolls her eyes*
  • Options
    ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when people pick a favorite so strongly like they did for Gary,they can't stand to admit they were wrong.so every excuse under the sun is dished out and every behavior is excused

This. It happened with Jim Davidson too.
  • Options
    ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Let me hear you excuse Dee, James, Edele, Ricky then, because they certainly are the rudest, nastiest HMs yet.
  • Options
    ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ABCZYX wrote: »
    This. It happened with Jim Davidson too.

Totally Untrue. Jim deserved his win and the other HMs were incredibly nasty to him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't any footage of him being rude. He's been very tolerant with all the other HMs who seem to be attacking him constantly and shutting him down before he has a chance to say anything.

Neither have I and tonight I don't blame him for biting back a bit, he's had to put up with their rudeness, them patronising him and generally treating him like shit, I would have bitten back a lot sooner than this !
  • Options
    hihopeshihopes Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People act as though his age and disability excuse him for everything. Fact is he's clearly quite a clever and perceptive man..... so there's no excuse for that level of rudeness, particularly when he's been told so many times. He acts like he doesn't understand - yet he picks up on other things very perceptively.

I thought it was funny tonight when his excuse for pushing and shushing was "I'm American".
  • Options
    SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was shoving his hand in people's faces and shushing them as early as day #2.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    I have only been watching CBB about 1/2 as much as civilian BB and haven't read these forums at all (or at least not threads about CBB), so I'm not really sure of the public's thoughts and opinions. Anyway, from watching the show I see Gary as totally rude and disrespectful, but he seems to get saved every eviction. Why?

BS. You're getting caught up with the cool gang. Who's your fave, James? Dee? One of the plastics?

We've seen HLs we've seen clips online, we've seen LIVE FOOTAGE, and not once has Gary been disrespectful or unkind to anyone.

And even if he was.. think about it, even if he was... it is NO COMPARISON for the dispicable behaviour of James and especially Dee. Sniggering whispering about a deaf person alone is disgusting, not to mention the way they've tried to ostracise Gary from Day 1.

He's a better human being then they'll ever be. Busey to win. All the way.
  • Options
    sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get it either but I see him as the peoples champion. He could pee all over the kitchen and still win. Nothing will change that. He was always going to win

Gary has been treated like shite in that house, he is old and should have been helped instead they all saw him as "THE WINNER" because he is such a big star, that is why they all turned on him. They all want to win and thought the public would vote him out with all their BS about how dirty he is.Lets face it they arnt the cleanest of people.They have vile mouths and need to stop picking on him verbally and bullying as a group.
  • Options
    ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally Untrue. Jim deserved his win and the other HMs were incredibly nasty to him.

And he was never ever nasty to people like Linda, was he? He never made the comment about Frank Carson's dressing room, did he? And he never denied ever saying anything about it when she confronted him about it afterwards, did he?
  • Options
    WarpWarp Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are more people vocal in defending him tbh and they defend him very staunchly. I think he is rude, still like the guy but not as much as I thought I would when I saw him going in.
  • Options
    yogacatsyogacats Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member

I don't think even Gary supporters are saying he's totally not rude, everybody can be a bit rude sometimes, the outrage comes from the fact that MOST of the housemates in there (Dee, James, George, Ricci, Stephanie, Edele to an extent) are all, or have been, FAR FAR FAR ruder (and disrespectful) than Gary could ever be, it's the hypocrisy and lack of self awareness of the others that is so astounding!
  • Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Gary's definitely rude. The problem as I see it is the holier than thou attitude a lot of the housemates had, where they just shut down and twisted (or deliberately manipulated) that into him being some kind of mastermind/super-player. No. He's rude because he's damaged (which is why I've maintained since Day 1 he shouldn't have been put on exhibition on this show like an animal in a zoo).
  • Options
    HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~V~ wrote: »
    He could be seen to be a touch rude, yes.

I think he's popular because rude is better than aggressive or deluded or self-absorbed or .... You get the picture

I haven't seen anything overtly rude although I'm sure he can be, but just as often I suspect sometimes the way he speaks is wrongly interpreted as being intentionally rude. Maybe even after James' early attacks he decided to wind them up a bit and who could blame him. But getting aggressive and patronising with someone you perceive to be rude, shouting in their face and refusing to let them defend themselves, is far worse and says more about them than it does Gary.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

CBB is not about a group of frightfully polite people who never say a cross word.

It's about throwing a bunch of people together, people who on the surface have nothing in common, and seeing how they function as a group and how they deal with people completely unlike themselves.

What on earth does rude mean anyway?

I think that people who swear incessantly are rude. I think that greedy people are rude. I think that selfish people are rude. But that's only my opinion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is rude but then again do not think he is as rude and nasty as James and Dee,
  • Options
    KazzyDKazzyD Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary is VERY RUDE, age and bad hearing are no excuse for his behaviour.. He constantly interrupts (the one thing he kicked off over on day 2), he comes out with a lot of nasty stuff, and his hygiene is disgusting, BUT because he covers it all with his Peace Love and Harmony crap, the public have been completely taken in with it.

He will say things like James your a prick but I love you man, George your rude but your such a nice guy, he is totally playing the game. He's got to be the worse housemate in the history of CBB and that's really saying something after the likes of Julie Goodyear and that Nolan last year ....
  • Options
    sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KazzyD wrote: »
    Gary is VERY RUDE, age and bad hearing are no excuse for his behaviour.. He constantly interrupts (the one thing he kicked off over on day 2), he comes out with a lot of nasty stuff, and his hygiene is disgusting, BUT because he covers it all with his Peace Love and Harmony crap, the public have been completely taken in with it.

He will say things like James your a prick but I love you man, George your rude but your such a nice guy, he is totally playing the game. He's got to be the worse housemate in the history of CBB and that's really saying something after the likes of Julie Goodyear and that Nolan last year ....

Because you interrupt someone doesnt make you rude.

If it does then most of us are rude. Me i will interrupt someone as i like to get my point across, not just stand there and let the other person have all the say.......People like James are rude, he just wants to get his point across and f*ck your point.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    He nor his fans never said he wasn't rude. There are different levels to everyone, what I find with Gary though is that a hell of a lot of his 'rudeness' actually
    is unintentional.

He is lacking in manners for sure but this may be the part of his brain that was damaged where manners/social etiquette were second nature.
    We don't know for sure but I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt as this is plausible.

They should try and find a bit of patience and compassion for the bloke. It's almost as though they enjoy the attention that their responses get from the stuff he does.
    Unlike them he never gets nasty with people or raises his voice. (Except for the therapy task but that was to be expected when trying to tell James something he doesn't
    want to hear, and even that didn't seem like an very aggressive delivery to me, just a strong one).
    It may be the majority against him but I don't automatically deduct from this that it's all Gary's fault they are behaving this way, we are all responsible for how we respond to things and for keeping our anger in check.
    There also seems to be a major pack mentality thing going on in there too, some of them have formed alliances based on this exclusion.belittlement of Gary.
    They give funny looks to each other and signals, laugh at him behind his back and use any opportunity to rip Gary a new one.
    He is obviously having major difficulties and some of the things he does (e.g tonight pulling his trousers down} I really don't believe he realises what he is doing outside of his primary focus, in this case tending to his knee.
    We saw on opening night him getting very confused with Emma, and in a few conversations he seems to lose the train of thought and forget what's just been said.

What I respect about him is the ease in which he can admit fault and take so much stuff on board and apologise or remember to clean up after himself/ help out. Thing is he messes up that much that I think he is having to take too much on board and it gets him stressed and flustered.
    They just need to give him a break, and realise it's not going to be for long now and just let a few ****ing things go. He is an annoyance but not the Anti Christ after all.
    Saying that at least he has revealed some peoples true natures and shocking lack of tolerance towards others different to themselves, makes the public's decision easier.
    Audley, Lauren and most times Edele are the only ones coming across like they have a bit of decency about them re Gary.