Iphone 6 or 6-Plus?

The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So, which model are you leaning towards? Bigger? or even Bigger?

Which model of Iphone 6 will you go for? 133 votes

4.7 inches
46% 62 votes
5.5 inches
53% 71 votes

Comments

• KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really can't decide. I think I'm going to have to play around with the models in store before I decide.
  • The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't put 'don't know' - cos you're gonna have to choose one.
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Galaxy Note 4 or maybe the Edge if if comes out at the same time.

Oh, sorry.
  • Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    I'm sure Phablets are right up some peoples street

But carrying a phone with a 5.5 inch screen around all the time for me is just unpracticable

I don't dislike them, think they are pretty cool to use tbh, just too big 'for my liking' to carry around all day, 4.7 inch screen are plenty big enough imo

Everyone's different though and have different needs or preferences
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try going back to a 4.5" screen after you're used to using a 5.7". It's quite amusing.

Let's be honest, Apple will sell a shit load of both devices, people will adore them (quite rightly so) but it won't make many Android users switch.
  • technology_lovetechnology_love Posts: 3,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a 4s which works just fine. I'm considering selling it and treating myself to the new iphone. I see apple offer a trade in, anyone know how much? probably best to sell privately.

I'm going to wait a while for the hype to die down and all the isheep to collect their phones before going into a store and actually looking at both phones.

Will probably go with a space grey 16GB, that's plenty enough for my use.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This will be interesting if Apple clientele warms up to the 6+ what with so many years of small screens. Personally, if I were going to buy an iPhone, I'd go for the big one. I have Lumia 1520 now (6''). It was an experiment on my part, but I got used to the size pretty quickly. I would not go to something much smaller now, my next phone will be 5''+ for sure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joey_J wrote: »
    I'm sure Phablets are right up some peoples street

But carrying a phone with a 5.5 inch screen around all the time for me is just unpracticable

I don't dislike them, think they are pretty cool to use tbh, just too big 'for my liking' to carry around all day, 4.7 inch screen are plenty big enough imo

Everyone's different though and have different needs or preferences

You have to be manly to carry such a big phone with you :p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a 4s last summer after my S3 dropped dead. I loved the phone, very quick & millions of apps. It still sells for £200 + second hand on Ebay. One good thing about Apple is the depreciation is minimal especially if it's a/a+ condition. You can't say that about many phones.
  • d123d123 Posts: 8,605
    Forum Member
    IvanIV wrote: »
    You have to be manly to carry such a big phone with you :p:D

I always thought you had to embrace your feminine side and start carrying a handbag to carry it in ;-)
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Voted for the bigger one although I think it's a little too big with 5" being the sweet spot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d123 wrote: »
    I always thought you had to embrace your feminine side and start carrying a handbag to carry it in ;-)

The 6+ will be too big for tight jean pockets that's for sure. My Note 3 is too big so it goes in my hoodie or fleece pocket
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try going back to a 4.5" screen after you're used to using a 5.7". It's quite amusing.

Let's be honest, Apple will sell a shit load of both devices, people will adore them (quite rightly so) but it won't make many Android users switch.

Presumably if someone wants a larger screen, but currently can't get a large screen iphone, then I'd have thought in future many will get a large screen iPhone rather than an Android.

I got a 5S last year, so won't be upgrading for at least another couple years, but I definitely wouldn't want the 6+ - way too big. It'll be a shame I some features are 6+ only though, like the optical image stabiliser this year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calico_pie wrote: »
    Presumably if someone wants a larger screen, but currently can't get a large screen iphone, then I'd have thought in future many will get a large screen iPhone rather than an Android.

I got a 5S last year, so won't be upgrading for at least another couple years, but I definitely wouldn't want the 6+ - way too big. It'll be a shame I some features are 6+ only though, like the optical image stabiliser this year.

Dunno if you watch any of MKBHD but he says he thought 5.7" was stupid but once he'd used it, it felt very natural & of course most come with one handed mode where the screen will shrink for you a bit.

I'm getting a Note 4 either way but I can't wait to see detailed reviews on all the new Apple devices. It's been a great year for new phones so far.
  • Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    calico_pie wrote: »

So the 6 and 6+ aren't just different screen sizes ??
  • Auntie ClimaxAuntie Climax Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going for the 6+ for the extra features, but I do think it will take a while to get used to the size difference compared to my current iPhone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 6+ will be too big for tight jean pockets that's for sure. My Note 3 is too big so it goes in my hoodie or fleece pocket

It's time to update the old phrase. Is that a 6+ in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    Stuart_h wrote: »
    So the 6 and 6+ aren't just different screen sizes ??

The differences are:

iPhone 6 has 1334 x 750 resolution; iPhone 6 Plus is 1920 x 1080 (full HD).

iPhone 6 has digital image stabilisation whereas the Plus has optical.

Also, the Plus has landscape mode for home screen, split panes for Calendar app in landscape mode and photos of your contacts in the Message app.

I can't decide which one to go for. Plus would be nice but it just looks too darned big. :confused:
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going for the 6+ for the extra features, but I do think it will take a while to get used to the size difference compared to my current iPhone.

I think you will get use to the bigger size very quickly and you will find the old 4" screen too small once you have got use to the bigger one for a while (I find even using my wifes 4.5" Moto G screen too small now although I think 5.2" is the biggest I would go as long as the phone has hardly any bezel like the LG G2/G3.
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    The 6 for me would be a downgrade to what I have now SK I'm thinking of the 6+. However I'm not sure the price is worth it.

I'll wait and see them in the flesh before I decide.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think once you get over the first shock how big the phone is, you'll get used to it pretty quickly. I have 6" and now my phone is not big, everybody else's is too small.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nonentity wrote: »
    The differences are:

iPhone 6 has 1334 x 750 resolution; iPhone 6 Plus is 1920 x 1080 (full HD).

iPhone 6 has digital image stabilisation whereas the Plus has optical.

Also, the Plus has landscape mode for home screen, split panes for Calendar app in landscape mode and photos of your contacts in the Message app.

I can't decide which one to go for. Plus would be nice but it just looks too darned big. :confused:

Surely that 6 resolution is a mistake? Its really low!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely that 6 resolution is a mistake? Its really low!

It's slightly over 'HD ready' 1280x720, which is not that bad.
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    I'll be getting the iPhone 6 but I can't decide on a colour or storage size.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be getting the iPhone 6 but I can't decide on a colour or storage size.

I've decided on the iPhone 6, 64GB. Either in space grey or silver. I don't think the gold looks as nice as it did on the iPhone 5S.