Options

Sadie Frost's 11 year old daughter's dress - inappropriate or not?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    I saw an unpixellated version on Google's image search earlier on. It appears to have been taken down since though. There's a few other unpixellated shots of her face. Strange that that particular image is nowhere to be seen and yet the other unpixellated shots remain. Hmm...
    this was posted on the mail website..

NOTE: "It is not MailOnline’s normal policy to obscure celebrity’s children’s faces when they are attending public events, accompanied by their parents, where photography is to expected, such as the front row of a fashion show.
    However, we have decided to pixelate Iris Law’s face in view of the embarrassing nature of the incident to a young girl, following a polite request from her father, Jude Law".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2103858/Sadie-Frost-apologises-daughter-Iriss-rude-love-hearts-dress.html#comments
  • Options
    tara27tara27 Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well of course Sadie didn't notice those vile words. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tara27 wrote: »
    Well of course Sadie didn't notice those vile words. :rolleyes:

You do need to look quite closely to see them. Actually I can quite well believe Sadie didn't look that closely and just assumed they were normal "love hearts" messages.
  • Options
    MonkeyBumMonkeyBum Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where it's from? I actually really like it :o But yes it is inappropriate for an 11 year old. Perhaps in a few years time she can wear it.

Although I do think some of the comments on the daily mail are massive over reactions...people are talking about bullying?! OTT much...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MonkeyBum wrote: »
    Although I do think some of the comments on the daily mail are massive over reactions...people are talking about bullying?! OTT much...

I think so too. People wear all sorts of words on their clothes, many of which don't really reflect the way they treat people. More likely the dress would appeal to a girl who wanted to look a bit "edgy" and rebellious. I suspect she'll be regretting her choice a bit now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think sadie knew but assumed her 11 yr old would not be on the press radar. So now she is back-tracking. Personally if I see writing on anything I always read carefully as things can be hidden in the writing on tees etc & not what they first appear. But those Love-hearts are quite obvious. Oh well,she could be doing worse I'm sure.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is dressed like a teenager.Her mom should be ashamed.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MonkeyBum wrote: »
    Does anyone know where it's from? I actually really like it :o But yes it is inappropriate for an 11 year old. Perhaps in a few years time she can wear it.

I actually think the dress would be OK without those particular phrases or language being used. It's unnecessary on an outfit designed for a child of that age group though.
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,021
    Forum Member
    Sdie Frost in desperate attention seeking stunt; who'da thunk it?

I know, shocking right? Could never stand the talentless, pointless bint. What's she famous for? Oh yes, wife of Gary Kemp and Jude Law.
  • Options
    Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is dressed like a teenager.Her mom should be ashamed.

She's dressed perfectly OK for an 11 year old - little cardi, white tights, flat shoes - aand nothing wrong with the style of the dress, it's just that the print is completely age inappropriate. On a 20 something young woman - e.g Peaches Geldof - it would be edgy and a talking point for the press, but on an pre-teen it's just WRONG.

I wonder if Iris's dad said anything to Sadie about it? I can't believe she didn't know what the print of the dress said.
  • Options
    duvindupainduvindupain Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hang about, is this the child of S Frost and J Law who inadvertently ate an E tablet thinking it was a sweetie? Found on the floor of a night club at a child's party?

Bit poor taste of Frost and Law if so

And again, isn't Frost supposed to be a 'designer' who takes notice of the smallest design detail? Seems not if the wording completely bypassed her keen 'designers' eye
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You do need to look quite closely to see them. Actually I can quite well believe Sadie didn't look that closely and just assumed they were normal "love hearts" messages.

So Sadie wouldn't have asked to see what some of the messages said when Iris showed her the dress? I know I'd have been curious enough to have a quick look at the messages on the dress.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well to be fair ,Jude won't have had any say in what she wore if he is not resident with them (or even if he was actualy :D) And he DID contact the paps to have her face pixelated.....so something at least.
    The fact is,if you see writing on kids clothes you read it. Frost knew ,no doubt in my mind. But hey....it got her mentioned in the press when she has nothing about her worthy of reportage. So ,job done
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agree. I can see that happening quite easily with such a seemingly normal and pretty kid's dress.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see anything wrong with it tbh, its 2012 :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would think mothers of children who've committed suicide after having those kind of "love-heart" messages posted on the facebook accounts will find it deeply offensive.
    Oh well,different strokes apparently.
  • Options
    Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »

So it's OK for an 11 year old kid in 2012 to wear a dress which says 'Blow Me' and 'Eat Sh*t' is it?

Ye gods. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »

What's the year got to with anything? She's 11-year-old with inappropriate messages on her dress. What next, the words f**k me printed on a dress for an 11-year-old?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    So Sadie wouldn't have asked to see what some of the messages said when Iris showed her the dress? I know I'd have been curious enough to have a quick look at the messages on the dress.

Difficult to know; maybe Sadie Frost is a bit incurious?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would think mothers of children who've committed suicide after having those kind of "love-heart" messages posted on the facebook accounts will find it deeply offensive.
    Oh well,different strokes apparently.

That's a bit different, as Iris' messages weren't directed at any person, but at the world in general (and unlikely to be really meant)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a bit different, as Iris' messages weren't directed at any person, but at the world in general (and unlikely to be really meant)

No it isn't different. Those are classic taunts on FB. If a child has committed suicide then the family will be appalled to see comments like
    DROP DEAD !
    CHOKE.
    DRINK POISION.
    PLEASE DROWN.
    being flaunted by an idiot mother on a child's dress....just for fun .
    And don't even get me started on "BLOW ME". She is 11 for goodness sake and while I have no doubt that she knows the expression(bound to in that set), I still find it wholly innappropriate that she flaunts it on her clothing. Especially at an event being heavily papped. Oh well,I suppose the mum being past her sell-by date is grabbing any attention she can get. Sad.
  • Options
    cjay27cjay27 Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the messages on the hearts are bad taste, it could be a genuine mistake. I personally wouldn't let my daughter wear it at that age, but ther are far more inappropriate things that she could have been wearing!

Sadie may not have read the hearts. I'm guilty of not paying attention when my daughter picks something up in a shop, on first glance it looks like a normal hoodie, until I noticed the words on it when we got home! Lol, it went back!
  • Options
    Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't let my daughter wear an outfit with those type of words on and she's 14. Saying that, my daughter would never wear something like that either...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cjay27 wrote: »
    the messages on the hearts are bad taste, it could be a genuine mistake. I personally wouldn't let my daughter wear it at that age, but ther are far more inappropriate things that she could have been wearing!

Sadie may not have read the hearts. I'm guilty of not paying attention when my daughter picks something up in a shop, on first glance it looks like a normal hoodie, until I noticed the words on it when we got home! Lol, it went back!
    But you noticed .And you acted. That's proper parenting.
    This wasn't one thing on an item of clothing,but repeated & repeated all over the garment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No it isn't different. Those are classic taunts on FB. If a child has committed suicide then the family will be appalled to see comments like
    DROP DEAD !
    CHOKE.
    DRINK POISION.
    PLEASE DROWN.
    being flaunted by an idiot mother on a child's dress....just for fun .
    And don't even get me started on "BLOW ME". She is 11 for goodness sake and while I have no doubt that she knows the expression(bound to in that set), I still find it wholly innappropriate that she flaunts it on her clothing. Especially at an event being heavily papped. Oh well,I suppose the mum being past her sell-by date is grabbing any attention she can get. Sad.

It is different if Iris is not actually directing these words at a particular person. It's possible that it may upset people who've lost a child in the way you describe, but unless you think she intended to cause such upset, there's no comparison.

Also it's still not clear that Sadie had read the messages.