Options

Madonna wants to be like Ghandi and Martin Luther King!!

Comments

• Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adopting a black baby and throwing money at a very spurious form of Judaism is not acting like Ghandi or Luther King.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wrong yes i can ridicule her religion, i have read and researched it and it still is a load of hezbollocks to me, the only pre teen drama queen on the forums seems to be you with your shout everyone down atitude, if you don't like citicism of your new god (madonna) then don't read negative stuff.
    In fact I would love to debate madonna with you but I feel it would be a waste of time untill your out of the nappies and being potty trained. :D

Too right you can. Anybody's religion can be ridiculed, criticised and called into question, and they should be. You very well couldn't discriminate against a religion, which is right as well. In my opinion, religion gets too many free passes, but that is neither here nor there.

Madonna does nothing to raise awareness of political, social or cultural issues that we couldn't do ourselves. I don't need her to tell me about the Israel or Palestine conflict ; I can read the papers myself. If I want an insight into what is going on in Iraq, I can read an Iraqui girl's blog. If she stuck to one persona, maybe she would have a bit more credence. Is she this edgy, left-wing prophet of peace. or is she a (wannabe) posh Englishwoman, part of the upper-class landed gentry? Is she the animal-loving vegetarian who said "I don't eat anything that takes a s**t, or is she a fur wearing, pheasant shooting country woman?
    See, that's why when Madonna opens her mouth, most sane people switch off. Martin Luther King and Ghandi died for their beliefs.

Both started life as upper class men who dedicated their lives to living and working with people that had nothing. Madonna "adopted" a black child. Martin Luther King gave his Nobel Peace Prize money away-- could you see Madonna doing that? No, her charities are the ones that benefit her. Why on Earth does Malawi need a Kabballah centre? Isn't their national religion good enough? Urgh, when she dragged that Ethiopian girl onstage at Live 8, I wanted to vomit. This comment, as is her entire career, is one big publicity stunt.
  • Options
    WoowookidWoowookid Posts: 7,367
    Forum Member
    Too right you can. Anybody's religion can be ridiculed, criticised and called into question, and they should be. You very well couldn't discriminate against a religion, which is right as well. In my opinion, religion gets too many free passes, but that is neither here nor there.

Madonna does nothing to raise awareness of political, social or cultural issues that we couldn't do ourselves. I don't need her to tell me about the Israel or Palestine conflict ; I can read the papers myself. If I want an insight into what is going on in Iraq, I can read an Iraqui girl's blog. If she stuck to one persona, maybe she would have a bit more credence. Is she this edgy, left-wing prophet of peace. or is she a (wannabe) posh Englishwoman, part of the upper-class landed gentry? Is she the animal-loving vegetarian who said "I don't eat anything that takes a s**t, or is she a fur wearing, pheasant shooting country woman?
    See, that's why when Madonna opens her mouth, most sane people switch off. Martin Luther King and Ghandi died for their beliefs.

Both started life as upper class men who dedicated their lives to living and working with people that had nothing. Madonna "adopted" a black child. Martin Luther King gave his Nobel Peace Prize money away-- could you see Madonna doing that? No, her charities are the ones that benefit her. Why on Earth does Malawi need a Kabballah centre? Isn't their national religion good enough? Urgh, when she dragged that Ethiopian girl onstage at Live 8, I wanted to vomit. This comment, as is her entire career, is one big publicity stunt.

Well said! :)

The adoption of one African baby doesn't suddenly make her a great humanitarian. Most of her life is lived in the full glare of publicity, and boy, does she know how to work it.
    Ghandi and Martin Luther King did their work amongst ordinary people, and they were renowned for their humility.

One thing Madonna is not is humble.
  • Options
    Mickey BlueMickey Blue Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well good for you
    But do I really need to answer that question?

I read the terms and conditions sometime ago. If people have a problem with me or others alike then maybe they should see more of the world and get a clue of what goes on everyday instead of sitting here and reporting offensive posts (of a minimal proportion). (To whoever is responsible. Yes, I was banned for a week ty) :rolleyes:

I for one won't keep things bottled up and I don't intend to water down my persona for you or anyone else.
    So people can report me all they like.

i like how you go around accusing FM's of reporting you,almost 98% of the FM's on digital spy would rather have a good debate about the subject, and yes at times it may get heated, there may be some name calling but 98% of fm's would shrug that off and give as good back.
    If anything it would be your almost hysterical rants and insults to other FM's that got you banned, so I think you owe an apology to Woowookid and to all the others that you have dissed on here.
    And by the way madonna is still talking kabollocks. :D
  • Options
    _pacman VKC_pacman VKC Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I too want her to be like Ghandi and MLK, as in 6ft under.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too want her to be like Ghandi and MLK, as in 6ft under.

LMFAO!! *slaps self on the hand for laughing* :o:D
  • Options
    FutureLoverFutureLover Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Xfusion wrote:
    You have to remember that Old Madge's fans/slaves defend her EVERY move. They don't have enough sense to think for themselves. She could spit in someone's face for fun and they would defend her.
    lol
    What a load of rubbish.

I think any fan will defend any artist out there and moreso that I've expressed.

Besides that, don't you think your your misinterpretation of me defending her is a little extreme.
    I mean "Spitting in someone's face for fun" for example. C'mon! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lol
    What a load of rubbish.

I think any fan will defend any artist out there and moreso that I've expressed.

Besides that, don't you think your your misinterpretation of me defending her is a little extreme.
    I mean "Spitting in someone's face for fun" for example. C'mon! :rolleyes:

There you go again.

Your defence is admirable, but as I said before, you go about it in the wrong way, get personal and frankly, quite rude with people.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The woman is a completely fatuous, self-obsessed individual; people knew what Gandhi and Martin Luther King stood for - but Madonna? She changes religion as much as she changes her hairstyle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wrong yes i can ridicule her religion, i have read and researched it and it still is a load of hezbollocks to me, the only pre teen drama queen on the forums seems to be you with your shout everyone down atitude, if you don't like citicism of your new god (madonna) then don't read negative stuff.
    In fact I would love to debate madonna with you but I feel it would be a waste of time untill your out of the nappies and being potty trained. :D

You might have reseached it but I can't say I'm surprised you didn't understand it.
    ..and once again, I thought I'd already explained that I respect people who add decent input to the convo.

If anyone is creating drama here it's you with your pitiful attempts to have the last word. Madonna isn't and never will be my god. She's my idol...not jesus flipping christ.

"Nappies? potty trained"?
    Ha Ha Ha.
    and you seriously expect people not to shout you down with comments like that.
    You say you've researched the big K. Big load of cr@p more like.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woowookid wrote:
    There you go again.

Your defence is admirable, but as I said before, you go about it in the wrong way, get personal and frankly, quite rude with people.
    Um sweetie, if you're going to get on your high horse and preach to me about being rude. At least have the guts to point out other peoples rudeness to them.
    "Potty Trained/ Nappies"

I expect that's somehow different though. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woowookid wrote:
    Well said! :)

The adoption of one African baby doesn't suddenly make her a great humanitarian. Most of her life is lived in the full glare of publicity, and boy, does she know how to work it.
    Ghandi and Martin Luther King did their work amongst ordinary people, and they were renowned for their humility.

One thing Madonna is not is humble.

I never said it did make her a great humanitarian. But Madonna has done a hell of a lot more than what you give her credit for.
    What about all the money she'd donated to charity, the a.i.d.s charities. The building of orphanages? to name a few.

It's a shame when people can't find anything else to pick at expect drag her down for the recent so called "Adoption scandal"

How tragic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i like how you go around accusing FM's of reporting you,almost 98% of the FM's on digital spy would rather have a good debate about the subject, and yes at times it may get heated, there may be some name calling but 98% of fm's would shrug that off and give as good back.
    If anything it would be your almost hysterical rants and insults to other FM's that got you banned, so I think you owe an apology to Woowookid and to all the others that you have dissed on here.
    I don't see how a debate that includes replies such as "Wrinkled Old Bag" or "She makes s**t records" is something to rejoice in.

Hysterical rants in here is something I would hardly waste my time to engage in. I said what I did for a reason. You or anyone else will be waiting a very long time if you expect to get an apology from me.
    :D
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never said it did make her a great humanitarian. But Madonna has done a hell of a lot more than what you give her credit for.
    What about all the money she'd donated to charity, the a.i.d.s charity etc. the building of orphanages?

Seems to me people can't find anything else to pick at expect drag her down for the recent so called "Adoption scandal"

How tragic.

Yes, she has donated lots of money to charity. I don't know how much money she has but it's a lot and it's admirable that she has given money to charity when she could have spent it on herself. Conversely, she leads a decadent lifestyle - why the hell shouldn't she - she's earnt it.

The problem with celebrity philanthropy is that in some ways, they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Angelina for example, does masses of work for the UN and yet gets slated for taking Brad away from Maniston :D The acts of charity by celebrity have to be done in a particular way to avoid the assumption that celebs are simply assuaging their own egos by publicly donating money. One of the best philanthropists on the planet is Bill Gates - but I can't remember the last time I saw him in the paper kissing orphans or giving cheques to cancer charities. Most of his work is privately done, which means that the element of egotism is reduced IMHO. He's not somebody like Madge/Bono/Geldof who publicly displays all the pomp and circumstance.

Madge no doubt has causes close to her heart but I really do question her motives sometimes. I admire her greatly as a businesswoman but I don't like some facets of her personality. The Malawi orphanage debacle left a very unpleasant after-taste; a lot of the money was allegedly being ploughed into Kaballah centres. The adoption was a bad PR move - which I'm sure she acknowleges; taking a baby out of its natural habitat in full glare of the world's press was bound to create controversy - Madonna is aware of this, which is why she did it.

I do ask myself why when she does so much for charity, she then decides to spend 35k on a Chinchilla coat. You can;'t have worldwide fame and fortune and be admired for your charity in one go. The Ghandi and Luther King comment was something again steered to cause controversy - but quite offensive IMHO. Ghandi had no material possessions and was a true altruist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "Potty Trained/ Nappies"

Could you please enlighten me as to where I've used those particular words? :confused: If others have used them, they're adults, so why should I be responsible for pointing out their 'rudeness'.

And please don't 'sweetie' me.

Edit: yes, I've just seen the post where those words are used, but why should I give the poster who used them a slap on the wrist just to satisfy your ego?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woowookid wrote:
    Could you please enlighten me as to where I've used those particular words? :confused:

I never said you used them. Another poster did.
    That's besides the point. All the countless times that you've critisized me for apparently being rude to people and yet when I quote someone else (and trust me there's many more) you can't find much to say. :rolleyes:

..and "Sweetie" I'll call you what I like, when I like. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I never said you used them. Another poster did.
    That's besides the point. All the countless times that you've constantly critisized me for being rude and yet when I quote someone else (and trust me there's many more) you can't find much to say. :rolleyes:

..and "Sweetie" I'll call you what I like, when I like. :D

I've just explained ^.
    Why should I give another poster a slap on the wrist to satisfy your ego?

What an unpleasant person you are. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    From this week's Popbitch:

>> Kiss of death <<
    Baby pop star needs Mommy

"I kissed Britney Spears. I am the mommy pop
    star and she is the baby pop star. And I am
    kissing her to pass my energy on to her."

And this is the woman who wants to be the next Gandhi or Martin Luther King.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You might have reseached it but I can't say I'm surprised you didn't understand it.
    ..and once again, I thought I'd already explained that I respect people who add decent input to the convo.

If anyone is creating drama here it's you with your pitiful attempts to have the last word. Madonna isn't and never will be my god. She's my idol...not jesus flipping christ.

"Nappies? potty trained"?
    Ha Ha Ha.
    and you seriously expect people not to shout you down with comments like that.
    You say you've researched the big K. Big load of cr@p more like.

and is it any wonder why you get slated, debate the topic, don't shout down any one who dares to have a valid point of view about the unsaintly madonna, i look forward to debating this with you further when you get back from you ban, and i mean debate not throw insults around and bully. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woowookid wrote:
    Could you please enlighten me as to where I've used those particular words? :confused: If others have used them, they're adults, so why should I be responsible for pointing out their 'rudeness'.

Edit: yes, I've just seen the post where those words are used, but why should I give the poster who used them a slap on the wrist just to satisfy your ego?

sorry woowookid i used them but he seems to have blamed you , so as he is not man enough to apologise for it i will :o
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woowookid wrote:
    What an unpleasant person you are. :p

Well, remember- you ARE talking to an Old Madge fan. They have the same characteristics as their idol. :D
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woowookid wrote:
    From this week's Popbitch:

>> Kiss of death <<
    Baby pop star needs Mommy

"I kissed Britney Spears. I am the mommy pop
    star and she is the baby pop star. And I am
    kissing her to pass my energy on to her."

And this is the woman who wants to be the next Gandhi or Martin Luther King.

Lol - she really is full of it.

This is the woman who bans her kids from watching all the dross on TV - probably so they don't get to see all her old music videos in which she is usually dressed like a hooker!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sorry woowookid i used them but he seems to have blamed you , so as he is not man enough to apologise for it i will :o

Hi Mickey - you've no need to apologise. :) You were expressing your point of view, and you had every right to do so.

He/she's gone now, so I think we can all rest easy(for a while at least)! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and is it any wonder why you get slated, debate the topic, don't shout down any one who dares to have a valid point of view about the unsaintly madonna, i look forward to debating this with you further when you get back from you ban, and i mean debate not throw insults around and bully. :)
    As I've said before, I'd be happy to engage in a debate about Madonna with most people in here but valid points of view come few and far between.

If people (who report me at the slightest opportunity) can't learn to cope with my frank and straight to the point attitude then I really don't see how the debate can continue any further. (as much as I would like it to).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why on earth would I apologise to someone who edits his posts time and time again to gain a few extra points?
    Seriously, the last time I was on he edited each and every post like 100x to make his argument make sense. (and yes so much that he had a bitch back at me and had his posts deleted, so don't sit there and say I'm the only one who throws insults).
This discussion has been closed.