Michael Jackson's 'Michael' has leaked...

2»

Comments

• floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    I love Eric Clapton's version of Behind The Mask. It got to number 15 in the charts back in 1987.

The track Monster doesn't sound much like Michael Jackson. His voice sounds a lot different. Some fans say it's the singer Jason Malachi. Compare the vocals on Monster to the final track 'Much Too Soon'. That song sounds 100 percent Michael Jackson. It's a nice sweet, tender song. :)
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,892
    Forum Member
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    As a MJ fan i'm really pleased that we are seeing some new material...

However, He obviously has loads of tracks in the vaults somewhere all finished and just unused. I'm pretty sure there were loads of leftover tracks from Bad which were all completed and are just in the vaults somewhere. I would rather hear these instead of the stuff which is having to be padded out and completed by the likes of Akon and 50 Cent :cool:

I was never a huge MJ fan, but so would I. Akon & 50 are using this to raise their profile, in my opinion.
  • 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a leaked version of Monster on You Tube without 50 Cents rap so to me it looks like he's just gone in and put his rap over the track and is now trying to pretend it's a proper collaboration.
  • wwillattwwillatt Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive pre-ordered the album as i was and still am a huge MJ fan, i hope the album gets to be christmas number 1 which i take it is what they are aiming for by releasing it on monday.

Had a listen to the tracks from the link above, not the best michael jackson album ever but it was never going to be without his input into it the perfectionist he was, still there are some good tracks on there the lenny kravitz one i really like from the quick listen ive had.

Hope the album beats the conspiracy theorys and does well!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the real version of Monster without 50 Cent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD731Lr_QAk

It's exactly the same until you get to the 2:50 mark and there's no rap.
  • uniqueunique Posts: 12,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a leaked version of Monster on You Tube without 50 Cents rap so to me it looks like he's just gone in and put his rap over the track and is now trying to pretend it's a proper collaboration.

actually the rap by 50 cent was originally for another track (non MJ) but was later added to monster and not included on the intended track

likewise a rap on unbreakable by biggie smalls was previously recorded and released on another track by basketball player shaquille o neal, called you can't stop the reign
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    Have been in 2 minds re buying the album. I've finally decided to get it on monday. I never knew "Behind the mask" was intended for the thriller album. I LOVE Eric Clapton's version. The snippet of MJ's version sounds amazing:):):)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjcgvB2iLeo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taboo wrote: »
    The snippet of MJ's version sounds amazing

You can hear the whole song here -- > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCwpTrwL6d8

The guy has uploaded the whole album.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually, I've changed my mind. :D
    I love Behind The Mask and Keep Your Head Up - that song has really grown on me after a few listens.

I didn't realise Behind The Mask was co-written by Michael Jackson. :eek: Apparently it was recorded around the time of Thriller:

Behind The Mask
    Written by Michael Jackson, Chris Mosdell, Ryuichi Sakamoto
    Produced by Michael Jackson, John McClain

After hearing “Behind The Mask” as performed by Yellow Magic Orchestra, Michael contacted Ryiuchi Sakamoto asking for permission to add his lyrics on the track. It was recently completed by John McClain. The song is written by Michael Jackson, Chris Mosdell and Ryuichi Sakamoto and produced by Michael Jackson and John McClain. “Behind The Mask” contains a sample of the recording “Behind The Mask” as performed by Yellow Magic Orchestra.

Vogel: "Behind the Mask" was originally intended for Thriller, but left off reportedly because of a song credit dispute. It was later covered by Jackson's keyboardist Greg Phillinganes as well as Eric Clapton. Had Jackson released it in 1982, the quirky Yellow Magic Orchestra adaptation likely would have been a big hit. Estate executor John McClain updates it skillfully in this new version, making it sound brand new and retro at the same time. It is definitely one of the highlights of the album. Still, many fans will likely be anxious to hear those classic sheets of synth and 80s production on the original demo. Modernizing the production does make it fit better with the album, though it's unclear if Jackson himself planned to update the track.
    Wow - I never knew that!:eek: Interesting. I'm familiar with Eric Clapton's version but this is news to me.

Shame - its inclusion would've made Thriller even more amazing than it already is. If that's even possible...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    ... Instead, I just listen to the album for it's intended use.
    • Play it
    • Enjoy it
    • Repeat when necessary

:-)
  • Monkey_NewsMonkey_News Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    I love MJ, but please people DONT buy this album. Its just another way for Sony to bleed every last penny out of his legacy.

MJ did not want these songs released, if he did, he would have. He was a perfectionist, and would hate the fact that so many of these songs are demos, unfinished, and of poor quality.

Just let the guy rest in peace FFS. We have plently of great music and performances to remember him by, stop tainting his memory with this crap.
  • wwillattwwillatt Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love MJ, but please people DONT buy this album. Its just another way for Sony to bleed every last penny out of his legacy.

MJ did not want these songs released, if he did, he would have. He was a perfectionist, and would hate the fact that so many of these songs are demos, unfinished, and of poor quality.

Just let the guy rest in peace FFS. We have plently of great music and performances to remember him by, stop tainting his memory with this crap.

I have to say i think your wrong, its not a case of him not wanting them released at all, its more to do with the fact he died before he had the chance. He may not wanted them all released but i think its fair to assume in some form or another he planned for at least some to be.

As a big mj fan im glad its been released and hope they release more, better to be heard finished by others than just left in the vaults never to be heard in my opinion. I think everyone would prefer him to be here to perfect them himself but sadly thats not the case.

Finally i also think it would be a great thing for his legacy and a fitting tribute for the album to be the christmas number 1 and i truely hope it gets there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    wwillatt wrote: »
    I have to say i think your wrong, its not a case of him not wanting them released at all, its more to do with the fact he died before he had the chance. He may not wanted them all released but i think its fair to assume in some form or another he planned for at least some to be.

As a big mj fan im glad its been released and hope they release more, better to be heard finished by others than just left in the vaults never to be heard in my opinion. I think everyone would prefer him to be here to perfect them himself but sadly thats not the case.

Finally i also think it would be a great thing for his legacy and a fitting tribute for the album to be the christmas number 1 and i truely hope it gets there.

I have to agree with you. I was in 2 minds up until the weekend and I wasn't going to buy the album after hearing the mess that was "breaking news" and then I heard "Behind the mask" and changed my mind. I've also bought it to get Michael to number one. I'd hate for people who are not fans to think he's been forgotten about because the album had flopped:(