Emma Chawner - the new Jade Goody? (Part 10)

Comments

• MehitabelMehitabel Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tenorlady wrote: »
    There is never any mention of grandparents/aunties/uncles/cousins - and they must have SOME relatives!

Possibly not. Wasn't Aud adopted? She could have been an only child in that family and might be estranged from any cousins. Phil has the brother in New South Wales, just up the road from New Zealand, and that could be it. If there is any family, they probably don't want anything to do with P,A,S and Em for the same reason they don't have any real life friends. Just sayin'.
  • tenorladytenorlady Posts: 1,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just find it odd that a family can be so insular - and will remain so, by the looks of it, as Phil will not allow his daughters off the leash long enough to find partners of their own. And they have fallen out with the mother of their only grandchild, it's sad really.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just find it odd that a family can be so insular - and will remain so, by the looks of it, as Phil will not allow his daughters off the leash long enough to find partners of their own. And they have fallen out with the mother of their only grandchild, it's sad really.

From an armchair psychology point of view, I'd say both Phil and Aud have serious abandonment issues, perhaps because of bad childhoods and are terrified of Sam n' Emma leaving them. Serious control freakery plays a part too, especially from Phil.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    It is almost certain that the girls will never be allowed to have partners – unless maybe when they’re 30 and marry one their ‘school friends’ and Phil can pick them up after they’ve had a drink.

It was amazing how upset Phil got when Sam got herself a boyfriend, shouting and screaming that he ‘never thought she’d do this to us’, huffing off and not coming out of his stupid little room because she’d met him on the internet….particularly as Phil and Audrey met through a personal ad in the paper, which is the equivalent of internet dating now is it not?

Daft as a brush the lot of them. But I still love them. Even though they infuriate me with their constant excuses, crying and ‘not our fault’ mentality.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    It is almost certain that the girls will never be allowed to have partners – unless maybe when they’re 30 and marry one their ‘school friends’ and Phil can pick them up after they’ve had a drink.

It was amazing how upset Phil got when Sam got herself a boyfriend, shouting and screaming that he ‘never thought she’d do this to us’, huffing off and not coming out of his stupid little room because she’d met him on the internet….particularly as Phil and Audrey met through a personal ad in the paper, which is the equivalent of internet dating now is it not?

Daft as a brush the lot of them. But I still love them. Even though they infuriate me with their constant excuses, crying and ‘not our fault’ mentality.

That's my favourite episode, mostly due to his stomach almost exploding when he's telling her off. Along with, 'the internet is full of 'nutters'', and how he got advice for Sam's situation off 200 nutters from his facebook. I mean friends.

Heartbroken here btw, we've saved the wedding episode on the Skybox to remind us of all things Chawner. I'm moving in a couple of weeks and the Skybox isn't moving with me :o

I might have to wear a dead crow on my head to remind me while I pack.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw, the heart-warming wedding, where only half a dozen people showed up, despite the Facebook competition to win an invitation, and Emma's warnings about crowd control barriers and a police presence:D

It was after the wedding photos were posted that the tide began to turn against them, from New Zealand, who, up until that point, had thought the Chawners had actually succeeded in their Big Fat Challenge. I remember seeing lots of posts excitedly asking them how much weight they had lost, and when were they going to post the 'after' photos.

Then the wedding photos revealed the sad truth. There was no weight loss, but weight gain. And the Chawners weren't Britain's answer to the Osbournes or regarded as the second Royal family. Even Peter Andre didn't RSVP to his twitter wedding invitation :cry:
  • AlberonAlberon Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    Phil's been back on Facebook. Firstly he's been asked about their bronchitis and says they're still not well (when are they ever).

And secondly the cheeky sod has posted another link to the Clitheroe Starlight Hike on Friday saying
    Not long to go before the hike

Though, to be fair, he doesn't claim to be actually taking part.

As totally expected, he continues to totally ignore any questions about the non-existent Japanese reality show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alberon wrote: »
    Phil's been back on Facebook. Firstly he's been asked about their bronchitis and says they're still not well (when are they ever).

And secondly the cheeky sod has posted another link to the Clitheroe Starlight Hike on Friday saying

Though, to be fair, he doesn't claim to be actually taking part.

As totally expected, he continues to totally ignore any questions about the non-existent Japanese reality show.

He is such an eejit.

Doesn't he realise people can look up their Virgin Giving pages and see the grand sum of one English pound that he's been sponsored for, or the pile of fresh air that is Sam's sponsorship money?

Let us know if he posts any photos after next Saturday night's 'hike'!
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aw, the heart-warming wedding, where only half a dozen people showed up, despite the Facebook competition to win an invitation, and Emma's warnings about crowd control barriers and a police presence:D

It was after the wedding photos were posted that the tide began to turn against them, from New Zealand, who, up until that point, had thought the Chawners had actually succeeded in their Big Fat Challenge. I remember seeing lots of posts excitedly asking them how much weight they had lost, and when were they going to post the 'after' photos.

Then the wedding photos revealed the sad truth. There was no weight loss, but weight gain. And the Chawners weren't Britain's answer to the Osbournes or regarded as the second Royal family. Even Peter Andre didn't RSVP to his twitter wedding invitation :cry:

Actually, I am very surprised close personal friend Peter Andre didn't show up - that kind of event is right up his street. He could have filmed it for his reality show - that would have been a blast - 2 reality shows filming each other!!

And the kids (whom he loves by the way) would have been able to play with Kim's daughter. I wonder if they invited Same Deference to perform - that could have been a real spectacle - with Emma on guest vocals as she has a lot in common with them (inappropriate close-family relationships..)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurgh. I'd forgotten that the Chawners were close personal friends of creepy brother and sister singing duo Same Deference, having attended their CD signing at the Trafford Centre.

I googled Same Deference to see what they were up to these days, and they are doing a tour of Haven Holiday campsites. I reckon Sister Act could do a novelty singing act for the holiday camp market, they would make more money than they do cutting people's hair.

http://www.samedifferenceworld.com/events.php
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurgh. I'd forgotten that the Chawners were close personal friends of creepy brother and sister singing duo Same Deference, having attended their CD signing at the Trafford Centre.

I googled Same Deference to see what they were up to these days, and they are doing a tour of Haven Holiday campsites. I reckon Sister Act could do a novelty singing act for the holiday camp market, they would make more money than they do cutting people's hair.

http://www.samedifferenceworld.com/events.php

Absolutely!! and they would fit right in at Haven, they would positively look svelte.

(no offence to anyone who holidays there - I have on several occasions - well the one in Wales anyway) But blimey, there are some chubby families there!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lozenger wrote: »
    Absolutely!! and they would fit right in at Haven, they would positively look svelte.

(no offence to anyone who holidays there - I have on several occasions - well the one in Wales anyway) But blimey, there are some chubby families there!
    I went to Haven in Mablethorpe, Gareth Gates was on the bill. And some character called Tony the Tiger.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to Haven in Mablethorpe, Gareth Gates was on the bill. And some character called Tony the Tiger.

I went there on a £9.50 Sun Holiday when I was about 8. I don't actually know why my step family took me, plus I hated every minute of it :mad: :rolleyes: I'll never forget seeing a mad woman (probably late teens/early 20s) running about her caravan opposite ours and she was stark naked :D I thought it was hilarious! :p

I'm glad it wasn't one of the Chawners I seen, drunk on sambucca though! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lozenger wrote: »

That wasn't the 'Hard-On, Hot Tub' site was it Lozenger? ;) :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That wasn't the 'Hard-On, Hot Tub' site was it Lozenger? ;) :eek:
    Lozenger's dirty secret is out:D:):D

Aren't Haven Holidays for families? Would they have anything as potentially salacious as a hot tub? When I was there it was all ball games and trampolining competitions with a bit of karaoke led by Rory the Tiger (not Tony:o)

Rory the Tiger was allegedly Duncan from Blue but I'm not sure if that's an urban myth. It definitely wan't a Chawner in the tiger suit though, he/she was skinny, the outfit was baggy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lozenger's dirty secret is out:D:):D

Aren't Haven Holidays for families? Would they have anything as potentially salacious as a hot tub? When I was there it was all ball games and trampolining competitions with a bit of karaoke led by Rory the Tiger (not Tony:o)

Rory the Tiger was allegedly Duncan from Blue but I'm not sure if that's an urban myth. It definitely wan't a Chawner in the tiger suit though, he/she was skinny, the outfit was baggy.

I was almost forced to be Rory the Tiger when I worked there (cos the lassie who usually did it was too hungover to turn up). No chance :D"We are Tiger Club Kids! And we're gonna play all daaaaaaaay!" It still gets me in my nightmares :o

I'm sure Phil would be an amazing ambassador by taking up a position as Rory! Either that or he could go to Eurodisney and pretend to be Shrek :D (oh wait, he's not allowed to go to France) :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kiviraat wrote: »
    I was almost forced to be Rory the Tiger when I worked there (cos the lassie who usually did it was too hungover to turn up). No chance :D"We are Tiger Club Kids! And we're gonna play all daaaaaaaay!" It still gets me in my nightmares :o

I'm sure Phil would be an amazing ambassador by taking up a position as Rory! Either that or he could go to Eurodisney and pretend to be Shrek :D (oh wait, he's not allowed to go to France) :D
    You're suggesting Phil gets a JOB?:eek: Don't be daft, he has the diabetic, helicopter pylons, aspic reflex and a touch of the gallblabbers, he can't possibly work. Even though he would only need a touch of make-up to be Shrek.:D

I'm so jealous you worked at Haven, were you one of the entertainment team? What colour jacket did you wear?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're suggesting Phil gets a JOB?:eek: Don't be daft, he has the diabetic, helicopter pylons, aspic reflex and a touch of the gallblabbers, he can't possibly work. Even though he would only need a touch of make-up to be Shrek.:D

I'm so jealous you worked at Haven, were you one of the entertainment team? What colour jacket did you wear?

Nah I was a kitchen monkey but did pretty much anything (was young and needed money), but it was joined right on to the entertainment area. Wednesday mornings was line dancing for old folk. Quite funny to watch. It was a lovely polo shirt that was yellow, red, blue AND green :D Hideous!

Someone I follow tweeted THIS picture earlier and I automatically pictured the Chawner's cupboards coming down with the stuff :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah I was a kitchen monkey but did pretty much anything (was young and needed money), but it was joined right on to the entertainment area. Wednesday mornings was line dancing for old folk. Quite funny to watch. It was a lovely polo shirt that was yellow, red, blue AND green :D Hideous!

Someone I follow tweeted THIS picture earlier and I automatically pictured the Chawner's cupboards coming down with the stuff :D
    If those fingernails weren't so pristine I would suspect Phil Chawner was holding the can up to the camera.:D After all there's nothing else to have is there, apart from sausages. Oh and a weightwatchers cottage pie and a piece of fruit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If those fingernails weren't so pristine I would suspect Phil Chawner was holding the can up to the camera.:D After all there's nothing else to have is there, apart from sausages. Oh and a weightwatchers cottage pie and a piece of fruit.

It must be really hard not being able to lose weight on a low calorie diet. I mean, that is essentially rabbit food that they are living on and the poor souls are just getting bigger and bigger. Perhaps they've been eating the chewing gum Willie Wonka invented that is a 3 course meal. They are just needing to be taken to the Juicing Room to be squeezed :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are just needing to be taken to the Juicing Room to be squeezed :D

Well, if Phil will insist on wearing that purple shirt, no wonder he gets taken for a blueberry...;) :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YI5NA74cxc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if Phil will insist on wearing that purple shirt, no wonder he gets taken for a blueberry...;) :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YI5NA74cxc

Excellent point Salty! :D I'd hate to be one of those poor Oompah Loompahs!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent point Salty! :D I'd hate to be one of those poor Oompah Loompahs!

I think all the Chawns would be candidates for those Kivi! :D

I'd pay to see them all dressed up and painted orange! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think all the Chawns would be candidates for those Kivi! :D

I'd pay to see them all dressed up and painted orange! ;)

I did a photoshop of Audrey as a pumpkin last Hallowe'en :D It's kicking about on an old thread somewhere :D
  • ElliotSaundersElliotSaunders Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Long time reader but never posted in here before! I think I've managed to read through every post over the past few weeks in this thread so now I've finally caught up I thought I'd say Hi :D