when Hollyoaks was good
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe that was 2003 :o:o:o
  • Flash81tFlash81t Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    beegee82 wrote: »
    Wait. Have I fallen unconscious and woken up in 2003???

My name is beegee82. I had an accident, and I woke up in 2003. Am I mad, in a coma, or back in time? Whatever's happened, it's like I've landed on a different planet. Now, maybe if I can work out the reason, I can get home.

sorry couldn't help myself. :):)
  • Teabag84Teabag84 Posts: 2,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash81t wrote: »
    My name is beegee82. I had an accident, and I woke up in 2003. Am I mad, in a coma, or back in time? Whatever's happened, it's like I've landed on a different planet. Now, maybe if I can work out the reason, I can get home.

sorry couldn't help myself. :):)

Love that programme!!
  • Tom_FTom_F Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    If you want old school, the original late night HO is still one of the best.

Off on one, circa 1997 I think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_fYZ0BLqzE
  • DJ JimmyDJ Jimmy Posts: 7,166
    Forum Member
    Tom_F wrote: »

Ah. Good spot. That's later tonight sorted :)
  • The 12th DoctorThe 12th Doctor Posts: 4,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roxy's murder is shown in Hollyoaks: the Good the Bad and the Beautiful.
  • mercury01mercury01 Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    I remember the the rooftop scene quite vividly actually. Dan pushes Toby off the roof but as he is falling he grabs Ellie and she goes over with him. Dan tries to save Ellie but he drops her accidentally. I remember her begging him not to drop her. So Toby died after the fall and Ellie ended up in a coma. I think her fall was broken by a balcony or something. I do remember her hitting something on the way down before she hit the ground.
    It was after this special that Hollyoaks went 5 nights a week and poor Brookie finished altogether.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone remember the first murder? Toby was shown as the killer after killing Roxy but he'd killed a few before her. Wasn't it outside the Loft after a party or something?
    Forum Member
    Didn't they find the body in s dumpster outside the Loft. I also remember him attacking Izzy but she got away. Toby also killed his mum too didn't he? I don't remember much before that as I had only just gotten into Hollyoaks at that time. I'd love to see that storyline again.
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mercury01 wrote: »
    I remember the the rooftop scene quite vividly actually. Dan pushes Toby off the roof but as he is falling he grabs Ellie and she goes over with him. Dan tries to save Ellie but he drops her accidentally. I remember her begging him not to drop her. So Toby died after the fall and Ellie ended up in a coma. I think her fall was broken by a balcony or something. I do remember her hitting something on the way down before she hit the ground.
    It was after this special that Hollyoaks went 5 nights a week and poor Brookie finished altogether.

How did Ellie's mum and dad react when they found out Ellie was in hospital.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Ah I loved the Toby serial killer storyline. HO had always been ritual Sunday morning telly but that's the point I actually got into the show proper. Just a shame the aftermath with Ellie forgetting/refusing to acknowledge for about a year that her beloved dead hubby was a psychopath and Dan being falsely accused was so dragged out and repetitive.
    Forum Member
    How did Ellie's mum and dad react when they found out Ellie was in hospital.

From what I remember, they were in shock and desperate for answers. From what they could see Dan had pushed Toby and Ellie off the roof and they only had Dan's word for what actually happened. Plus there has always been tension between Dan and Ellie because she was basically a spoilt brat who had put their family through hell already. So with Toby dead and Ellie in a coma he had no one to back up his story.
  • RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember staying up late and putting the tv on its lowest setting so my parents didn't catch me watching it. Was a great episode.
  • vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked that his "thing" was killing Blondes because at that time Debbie Dean, Zara Morgan and Chloe Bruce were literally the only non blondes on the cast.
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From what I remember, they were in shock and desperate for answers. From what they could see Dan had pushed Toby and Ellie off the roof and they only had Dan's word for what actually happened. Plus there has always been tension between Dan and Ellie because she was basically a spoilt brat who had put their family through hell already. So with Toby dead and Ellie in a coma he had no one to back up his story.

so were they all worried about Ellie still even though she was a spoilt brat? I just wander if anyone recorded Leap Of Faith or the episodes when Ellie was in a coma.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom_F wrote: »

1998, it never aired on TV it was a special video release.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so were they all worried about Ellie still even though she was a spoilt brat? I just wander if anyone recorded Leap Of Faith or the episodes when Ellie was in a coma.

Classic Hollyoaks episodes was rare, I got the Off On One, off The Box before it ceased, I don't remember seeing Leap Of Faith, I remember watching it at the time though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't they find the body in s dumpster outside the Loft. I also remember him attacking Izzy but she got away. Toby also killed his mum too didn't he? I don't remember much before that as I had only just gotten into Hollyoaks at that time. I'd love to see that storyline again.

I have a vague memory of Izzy being attacked. Also BTW, Roxy's murder by Toby is on YouTube.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vkmax wrote: »
    I liked that his "thing" was killing Blondes because at that time Debbie Dean, Zara Morgan and Chloe Bruce were literally the only non blondes on the cast.

A serial killer whacking blonde girls over the head...sounds a lot like Levi Bellfield, who similarly smacked a dozen or so blonde girls, killing two, at about the same time. Makes you wonder if he was copying Toby?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Henry Luxemburg's demo reel (all Toby stuff)
    http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3355548697

Hollyoaks serial killer Toby Mills murders Roxy (2003)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f10zg2lqaM
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lady_xanax wrote: »

OMG. I remember that. Crazy dude blames Steph for (who? His GF?) someone blonde + female getting murdered by Toby on the night he failed to kill her.
  • Tom_FTom_F Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »
    1998, it never aired on TV it was a special video release.

So it was, I think I remember hiring it out from Blockbuster. Remember being shocked at them showing people swearing and smoking!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been searching the net for literally anything relating to the serial killer storyline pre-April 2003 (when Toby was unmasked in what I've learned was the 1000th episode of HO!), and...

Zip.

Absolutely nothing. Not a sausage. The Internet is forever my arse. There's just a few forum debates about who the killer could be and a few post-hoc discussions recalling the storyline from memory but as for anything first-hand...nowt. There used to be an archive of old Hollyoaks news on the official forum but that's long gone - and it had stacks on the SK.

The reason I'm so keen on information is, one, I missed most of it, and two, the Toby Mills storyline got me interested in true crime and serial killers in the first place. I did a Criminology qualification and a Psychology degree on the back of it. Nosalgia, curiosity, whatever - but there's nothing online about the Hollyoaks serial killer's early episodes.