The Morgana Show

PerkyPerkinsPerkyPerkins Posts: 268
Forum Member
Judging by the adverts for this, it promises to be utterly dire and very irritating. If not, and the programme is actually any good, then whoever put together the trailer - and chose the god-awful music - should get the sack.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    What is it?
  • PerkyPerkinsPerkyPerkins Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    A new sketch show starting on Channel 4 next week. Among other characters, it seems to have a boy with learning difficulties/mental hadicap - hilarious. :yawn:
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    never heard of it
  • lozzerbozzerlozzerbozzer Posts: 5,026
    Forum Member
    The trailer annoys me that much i won't be tuning in
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, wrong thread - thought this was something to do with Morgana from Merlin (would be more interesting)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,568
    Forum Member
    So did I.
  • purpletoonlinkpurpletoonlink Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Yeah, it looks completely weird. I'm intrigued though!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ermm.. well.. going by the trailer and other clips on there (look on the right), I don't think I'll be holding my hopes high for it. I know I shouldn't judge it on that but I find it hard not to. :p
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Sorry, wrong thread - thought this was something to do with Morgana from Merlin (would be more interesting)

lmao I thought the same thing...:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    The advert for this show completely freaks me out...have to switch over when this comes on....
  • widgerwidger Posts: 722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I find the advert quite surreal (which I like) and will give it a go.

I would rather people posted a critique of a programme after they had watched it in full instead of lazily rubbishing a 20 second trailer.
  • Greggybaby UKGreggybaby UK Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    Morgana is a tremendously talented performer... The question though, is: Will she be produced in the right way, and will she have good writers on board?

With these two things in place, she could be a massive star.

Jury's out.
  • r.a.i.n.b.o.wr.a.i.n.b.o.w Posts: 9,705
    Forum Member
    I'm in a few scenes, and found them amusing. Morgana herself is a lovely lady, and Tom Davis was quite funny even when not being filmed.

I hope the whole series is as promising as the scenes I saw.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDCDjpy79KU&feature=channel

I don't get where the actual joke is in this clip.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remain convinced that some TV execs (mainly at 4 and BBC 3) are having a kind of private competition to see who can the worst programme made. This is a powerful entry from 4. BBC 3 is going to have torreally pull out the stops to beat it.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    There is a long history of great surreal comedy in the UK. The thing is that they have to get the balance between surreal & funny and weird & awful.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,637
    Forum Member
    Yeah, it looks completely weird. I'm intrigued though!

That's what I think too. I think I'll be watching it to see what it's like.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cjw wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDCDjpy79KU&feature=channel

I don't get where the actual joke is in this clip.

I actually found that clip quite funny. Esp. when Morgana starts sticking her tits out! :D
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's getting the billboard advertising treatment as well like those other triumphs 'Phone shop' and 'Seven days'. Can't wait!:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only seen 1 advert (about 100 times) but it seems to be a man (or woman) talking the piss out of somebody with mental health problems.

Usual channel 4 sh!te.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this is what passes for comedy now. god help us all.
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I remain convinced that some TV execs (mainly at 4 and BBC 3) are having a kind of private competition to see who can the worst programme made. This is a powerful entry from 4. BBC 3 is going to have torreally pull out the stops to beat it.

I'm sure a new series of Coming of Age is in the pipeline as we speak :D

Never heard of this Morgana person, who is she, and why does she think that she can get away with only having one name as if she was somebody recognisable like Madonna or Kylie?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    It's getting the billboard advertising treatment as well like those other triumphs 'Phone shop' and 'Seven days'. Can't wait!:o
    Yeah, but the picture is of her licking a horse! :confused: Can't say it exactly makes me want to watch it...
  • Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gilbert the Charicter with learning difculties started out as a weekly section on i think it may have been the 11 o clock show. the premise was interviews with minor celebrities and being incredibly rude, and getting away with it as the Zeleb would be to emmbasred to retaliat againt a person with learning difficulties.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so more imitations of Fearne Cotton then .