The Carla/Peter/Leanne Triangle is one of soap's greatest storylines ever.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Discuss!

I have been blown away by this storyline, and all three of the actors involved. It is complex and deep, and what I love is how there are no clear goodies or baddies: you can sort of understand where all three are coming from, and everyone has a different opinion on it all.

It is very rare in any television programme for a story to divide and grip people as this has done. It is simply superb.

Comments

• madaboutcarlamadaboutcarla Posts: 10,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love it. All three actors/ actresses are in my opinion corries finest.

I think all three characters are flawed - have done regrettable things in the past

I think no one is actually meant to be better than anyone else, I think we are meant to feel sympathy of all of them

I think the best thing is that Peter and Carla's relationship has been built up the way it has, it is not all about sex but much much deeper. I love the fact we are seeing Peter's feelings for Carla begin to bubble up to the surface.

I hope this storyline continues for a long time to come.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to love the whole Liam and Carla storyline, but this is in a different league!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    Will miss it when the storyline is over! Then we will just be left with Bill Webster having a heartattack :yawn: not even in the same league!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All three of them are fantastic and play the part so well. I agree with OP, you can't side with any of them, which is a part of what makes it so great.
  • IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will miss it when the storyline is over! Then we will just be left with Bill Webster having a heartattack :yawn: not even in the same league!

I agree. That's why I don't want Peter to give into his feelings for Carla (if he does have them), because the tension is what is brilliant between the three.

Edit: I almost don't want him to give into his feelings.
  • madaboutcarlamadaboutcarla Posts: 10,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    I agree. That's why I don't want Peter to give into his feelings for Carla (if he does have them), because the tension is what is brilliant between the three.

Oh I know what you mean. I hope it continues for a while before he does give in
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,750
    Forum Member
    I think so too.

Even the prologue, with Leanne/Nick, now seems relevant in that it's fuelled her insecurities about Peter having an affair with Carla. Storytelling at it's finest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only bad thing is that it makes me want to watch Corrie all the time and it's only on three nights a week :D
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Fantastic. Such a wonderfully written, complex, layered storyline. Corrie have outdone themselves, it's compelling TV.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's brilliant. And to think, this storyline has being bubbling away for the best part of a year now and yet it doesn't feel repetitive, or dull. Kudos, Corrie.
  • rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    kit-kat-x wrote: »
    I used to love the whole Liam and Carla storyline, but this is in a different league!

Yes! To me this blows Liam-Carla-Tony out the water!

Edit: although i did absolutely love that story, and it was brilliantly acted - particuarly by Ali and Grey, but the difference and complexity and originality of this current love triangle is just fantastic.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only aspect I don't like is Leanne has become a cow again with her attitude towards Carla otherwise really done well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This storyline is so brilliant because of the fact the shows 3 best actor are involved if i'm being honest if it was this storyline with Sean/Fiz/Dev well then it proab would be a disaster! But the fact that the best are with each other makes it so amazing to watch!
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    It absolutely gripping, the continuity is superb, the writing, characterisation and performances are top class and it's become a storyline with infinite possibilities.
    It's rare in soap that you want a story to go on and on and on but this is one of them for me. I'd be fine if it never ended!
  • Home FarmHome Farm Posts: 464
    Forum Member

You took the words out of my mouth, I want them to get together but at the same time I'm loving the chase:) Peter's face when he hugged Leanne after she said to leave Carla alone said It all for me:)
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter will know deep down that he is bad for Carla long-term and it has been good for his ego to have been a hero for her so will not want to let go of that. For the state of her mental health, Carla needs to break away from him; I hope the script writers will see this ;)
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is a very interesting storyline. I bet there's more to come too.
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,863
    Forum Member
    It's full of heartache, heartbreak, regret and paranoia - Jane, Alison and Chris are playing it so well - another reason why Corrie still rules
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kit-kat-x wrote: »

Liarla was quite a well crafted arc but I think that this storyline has been sharper. It's been running for quite a while now but the way in which it has been developed over the past year is truly commendable.
    Sylar11 wrote: »
    I think so too.

Even the prologue, with Leanne/Nick, now seems relevant in that it's fuelled her insecurities about Peter having an affair with Carla. Storytelling at it's finest.

I love how it all kicked off with the breakdown of Nastasha and Nick's relationship, her exit and then Carla's alcoholism coming to the forefront forging a complex relationship of latent lust and dependence between her and Peter, running parallel to the history between Leanne and Nick being explored. Take Nick out of the equation and add the menacing Frank Foster into the love square and the storyline has taken more twists and turns. These- over the coming months- will have wider ramifications for Leanne and Peter's marriage and the running of Underworld as well as Carla formng a new friendship with Stella with the revelation that
    she's also a victim of rape

Corrie have really surpassed themselves with this storyline due the top notch writing and terrific acting from everyone involved.

My 2,000th DS post!!!!!!!:) Can't believe it's almost a year ago that I joined.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The writing is great - never boring or repetitive.