Emma Chawner - the new Jade Goody? (Part 10)

Comments

• MehitabelMehitabel Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The silence is truly curious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    I haven't spotted anything in google news search. :-/ seems like the local paper that covered their first court appearance didn't cover it this time.
  • greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, who will care for Audrey, she'll starve.
    Forum Member
    The amount of fat Aud has on her will ensure her survival yet, it's the getting out of the LazyAud to get drinks to subsequently wet herself/go to the toilet that will be the issue.
  • tenorladytenorlady Posts: 1,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So no update on Prisoner Cell Block Chawn?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tenorlady wrote: »
    So no update on Prisoner Cell Block Chawn?

No, nothing. Perhaps they're all locked up on bread and water.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    greengran wrote: »
    No, nothing. Perhaps they're all locked up on bread and water.

But they can't have been sent down! It's not their fault. I wonder who Phil's lucky cell mate is at Strangeways?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Simi89 wrote: »
    I haven't spotted anything in google news search. :-/ seems like the local paper that covered their first court appearance didn't cover it this time.

Damn, I nodded off, & missed the local Granada & North West News..Dont know if there was anything on there???... The local newspaper, is the "The Lancashire Evening Telegraph" its a daytime newspaper, so I would think, it will be in tomorrows copy, if its in.... Im sure they would report the outcome....... I shall be queueing first thing, at the newsagents tomorow & will let all you at CoC know,of the verdict, Im surprised the Chunky Chawners Camp...are staying silent, I would have thought he would be ranting & raving on f/b by now...Maybe the judge has told them to keep things off social networks..??? ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mehitabel wrote: »
    Could PC be too embarrassed/upset to post the results even though we all know it isn't their fault?

Curled up with laughter here, does Plop know the meaning of the word "embarrassment"?

:) Early days for the local rag yet Simi, I'm hoping it'll be in tomorrow. Or hopefully Kim will know and keep us up to date.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    hiya all, is it ok if I tell you about the chawners tomorrow as I have been involved in a crash tonight :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimmaton wrote: »
    hiya all, is it ok if I tell you about the chawners tomorrow as I have been involved in a crash tonight :(

Kim, that's fine, whenever you're ready, hope you're alright?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh Kim, Chawner updates are irrelevant when you've been in a crash. Hope you are okay. Good luck with the house move too - wow, your stress levels must be through the roof!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh just spotted a lengthy, punctuation free status update on Philth's page. It's going to be in the paper later today, so without spoiling the surprise, here's the last few words:

I just want to say we did not do any of this and this is so unfair we do not deserve it you all take care love Phil and family xxxx

:cry::cry::cry:
  • hammerfanhammerfan Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hope you & your family are OK Kim. Take care.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Kim, I hope you, hubby & the children are all ok....Sorry to hear of your accident....:(
    Im looking forward to buying our local rag today,, to read all the details of yesterdays court appearance... Google, Lancashire Evening Telegragh,,, & you too can enjoy the pleasure, too,. have a great day all at Coc.:)
  • AlberonAlberon Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    I just read Phil's post on Facebook. Obviously typed in a furious rage and more of a mess than usual. I'll post it later after some less biased (and better spelled) posts are made about it. But here's some spoilers about the result.
    Though I think it's no surprise it did not go well for the Chawners. A few highlights of Phil's post is that apparently the guy who sits at the front in the wig is a 'Jug' and that the Chawners now have a 'straining order' against them. Samantha had a panic attack according to Phil.

And now they have to find over £500 in fines and costs. How's that for mucking up your money, Chawners?

He's still trying to make out the case was just about swearing rather than threatening behaviour though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alberon wrote: »
    I just read Phil's post on Facebook. Obviously typed in a furious rage and more of a mess than usual. I'll post it later after some less biased (and better spelled) posts are made about it. But here's some spoilers about the result.
    Though I think it's no surprise it did not go well for the Chawners. A few highlights of Phil's post is that apparently the guy who sits at the front in the wig is a 'Jug' and that the Chawners now have a 'straining order' against them. Samantha had a panic attack according to Phil.

And now they have to find over £500 in fines and costs. How's that for mucking up your money, Chawners?

He's still trying to make out the case was just about swearing rather than threatening behaviour though.
    I read about the jug being horrid to them as well, and laughing and pointing at them (allegedly). As for the straining order, it all sounds rather like something to do with constipation.

I wonder if the real issue is the fact he posted several videos of the neighbour, on Facebook, along with comments suggesting she is fraudulently claiming DLA. (Oh the irony:rolleyes:) I'm pretty sure it's an offence to covertly film people.
    Forum Member
    Phil is such an ignoramus.

And I have to say 'Jug' for a 'Judge' is hilarious chawnerspeak.

It appears that given his reaction he was perhaps expecting things to go in his favour.

As for the Jug allegedly laughing and pointing at them... He must have been watching BFC and CLC. Audrey's farting stair crawl and skip chasing is legendary.
    Forum Member
    It appears that given his reaction he was perhaps expecting things to go in his favour.

Well, of course he was. Because (and all together now) it wasn't their fault!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    tenorlady wrote: »
    I read about the jug being horrid to them as well, and laughing and pointing at them (allegedly). As for the straining order, it all sounds rather like something to do with constipation.

I wonder if the real issue is the fact he posted several videos of the neighbour, on Facebook, along with comments suggesting she is fraudulently claiming DLA. (Oh the irony:rolleyes:) I'm pretty sure it's an offence to covertly film people.

I do think he ought to be very, very careful though. I am not sure what the punishment is likely to be for accusing a person (not to mention a police officer:eek:) of committing perjury. I hope the complainant doesn't have access to his fb page:D

Seriusly though - it definitely paints the Chawner's in a whole new light and kills the myth that they are loveable, slightly dim , peeps with hearts of gold:(
    Forum Member
    So have they actually been convicted of threatening behaviour? If so, yikes that won't go down very well on any job applications ;)
  • hammerfanhammerfan Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So have they actually been convicted of threatening behaviour? If so, yikes that won't go down very well on any job applications ;)

It's OK, they weren't filling any out in the first place. Work mucks up their money.

Thanks for the updates.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LilAud wrote: »
    I do think he ought to be very, very careful though. I am not sure what the punishment is likely to be for accusing a person (not to mention a police officer:eek:) of committing perjury. I hope the complainant doesn't have access to his fb page:D

Seriusly though - it definitely paints the Chawner's in a whole new light and kills the myth that they are loveable, slightly dim , peeps with hearts of gold:(
    I think the man is an idiot. He'll be back up in front of that jug before we know it, charged with contempt of court.

I'm sure discussing court proceedings on social networks and accusing solicitors, police officers and witnesses all to be in collusion with each other, is definitely frowned upon. And it's not as if his Facebook page is private, he has 4000+ "friends" and all of their friends can read Philth's pathetic rantings.:eek:

This conversation he's having to pay - does the thick twit mean compensation? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay Cult of Chawner, which one of you has posted this harsh and unsympathetic comment to the poor man?
    Apart from the lack of punctuation, this does not make a lot of sense! I am impressed that 'Oop North' Magistrate Court cases are heard by Jugs! Both the Defence Solicitor and CPS are bound by the law to act in a professional manner. If there was evidence that Phil and Family were in Tesco at the alleged time, the Defence Solicitor would have raised it. In addition, I have also never heard of Police Officers on official duty going to court with witnesses. I think that there is a lot more to this than we have been told. Come clean Phil!!!!!
    Forum Member
    And here's a news report of the Chawners day in court from the Burnley Citizen

http://www.burnleycitizen.co.uk/news/burnley/9768923.X_Factor_reject_Emma_Chawner_and_family_made_Great_Harwood_pensioner___s_life_hell/

Apparently it all kicked off AFTER they got back from shopping and after the x-magistrate's friend had left.
    The court heard that dad Philip Chawner, 57, said: "Look it's that f****** b****", as they unloaded groceries from the car in Russell Place, Great Harwood.

And his daughter Emma, 22, made a similar comment as she was walking to her home, opposite Mrs Duxbury's smart terrace.

Her sister Samantha, 24, trailing behind, also said: "You are nothing but a f****** old witch".

The Chawners were each convicted of using threatening behaviour after a three-hour trial in Preston and conditionally discharged for 12 months.

Each must pay £90 compensation to Mrs Duxbury, for the mental trauma she endured, and £80 court costs apiece.

And the Jug was not a happy man
    Passing sentence, magistrates chairman Colin Davidson said: “You have terrorised a vulnerable and elderly lady. You are all younger than her and you should know better.

But clearly they don't.
    “Bullying is detestable and you didn’t need to do it.”

Stop having a go at them, jug, it wasn't their fault!
    Magistrates also made a 12-month restraining order, banning the Chawners from having any contact with their victim.

Can anyone see the Chawners managing to keep to that straining order for a month, let alone twelve.
    The court heard Philip is currently on income support and Emma does not work and is reliant on her father for money. Samantha is currently in work but is off sick.

Off sick!?! Doubt it'll be long until she's back unemployed like the rest of them.