Madonna wants to be like Ghandi and Martin Luther King!!

*Eileen**Eileen* Posts: 9,881
Forum Member
BBC Story

Hmm, I don't think so Madge !!

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could she be any further away? ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    " Madonna wants to be like Ghandi and Martin Luther King!!"

I think one shot should do it........ :)
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet more sh*te from the mouth of Madge.
    The woman really is an embarassment these days.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both of them will be spinning in their graves.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope"

(Martin Luther King)

Just one of many MLK quotes, I await some groundbreaking Madonna quotes. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused: She sounds a bit deranged. Maybe she can make the world a better place by adopting the entire population of Malawi, one baby at a time.
  • Mickey BlueMickey Blue Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Eileen* wrote:
    BBC Story

Hmm, I don't think so Madge !!

madonna stick to the music love and stop the kabollicks and wanting to be a messiah shite, christ your already a madonna :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to believe I actually used to be a fan of this now delusional old woman. :rolleyes:

What poor old Madge doesn't realize is that Ghandi and Martin Luther King actually associated themselves with everyday people and didn't act like they were on a higher level than everybody else. How often do you see Old Madge just casually talking to everyday people? You actually have to interact with everyday people in order to get a clear understanding of how you can help.

Please Madge, keep your mouth shut unless you're singing.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,615
    Forum Member
    Binyamin wrote:
    Both of them will be spinning in their graves.
    Tricky. Ghandi was cremated.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The woman is delusional - she isn't even on the same level.

She looks like a washed-up old hooker.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xfusion wrote:

Please Madge, keep your mouth shut unless you're singing.

Heartily agree with the first part; wholeheartily disagree with the second :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mowbray wrote:
    " Madonna wants to be like Ghandi and Martin Luther King!!"

I think one shot should do it........ :)

It's a situation easily remedied. I'm sure somebody would gladly oblige :D
  • MaxCherryMaxCherry Posts: 9,013
    Forum Member
    She's a f*king idiot IMO.

She needs to be quiet.

She's so over, yet she doesnt realise it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it is a better aspiration than to want to be a lout like Liam Gallagher. Or brain dead like most pop stars.
  • WoowookidWoowookid Posts: 7,367
    Forum Member
    Stewing wrote:
    Well it is a better aspiration than to want to be a lout like Liam Gallagher. Or brain dead like most pop stars.

But she needs to be realistic in her aspirations.

If she wants to be like Ghandi or Martin Luther King she needs to start mixing with ordinary people and be a little more humble.
  • CampcrusaderCampcrusader Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thick, ignorant woman... :sleep:

If she is looking to compare herself to another...

...prostitutes flog themselves for money... ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :rolleyes: Her comments obviously weren't meant to be taken so literally.

Clearly she was just giving of examples of inspirational people who have changed the world for the better, implying that thats what she wants to do.

Personally I think she's already acheived that but I know theres a few people who wouldnt agree ;)

Edit: Also her 'but I want to stay alive' comment shows that it was partly tongue in cheek, shes got a very ironic sense of humour that not everybody gets.
  • charlie1charlie1 Posts: 10,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she's possibly going prematurely senile. That's surely the only possible conclusion to come to regarding her delusional aspirations!.

I used to be a massive fan of hers, but I can't bear the woman now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :rolleyes: Her comments obviously weren't meant to be taken so literally.

Clearly she was just giving of examples of inspirational people who have changed the world for the better, implying that thats what she wants to do.

Personally I think she's already acheived that but I know theres a few people who wouldnt agree ;)

She needs to think more before opening her mouth...

As for inspirational... well, I'm sure the nanny bringing up the child she adopted is doing a magnificent job!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She needs to think more before opening her mouth...

As for inspirational... well, I'm sure the nanny bringing up the child she adopted is doing a magnificent job!
    Do you think so? I think for someone who has her every movement and word she speaks analysed she does a pretty great job.

And i'm sure when Madonna has to go out and face the media, not wanting to subject David to all that again, the nanny does do a good job, yes.
    She's hardly bringing him up though.
    I don't think you're in a position to criticize Madonna as a mother :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's just a stupid thing to say. She's a singer, and not a very good one at that. Her comments sound like a load of LA psychobabble.

"I'd like to think I am taking people on a journey... I am not just entertaining people, but giving them something to think about when they leave."

Amen. :rolleyes:
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Madonna wants to be like Gandhi and Martin Luther King?

What - black, bald and dead?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think so? I think for someone who has her every movement and word she speaks analysed she does a pretty great job.

And i'm sure when Madonna has to go out and face the media, not wanting to subject David to all that again, the nanny does do a good job, yes.
    She's hardly bringing him up though.
    I don't think you're in a position to criticize Madonna as a mother :)

She courts the media - and craves their attention. Anyone who thinks that she is a victim of the media is incredibly naive.

Madonna is a very calculating media-machine. Her moves are all planned to gain the most attention. To compare herself to two political figures who both fought for change is actually rather tasteless.

Those in the public eye, in such a position are a valid point for discussion.

It must be wonderful to have such a wide-eyed and naive view of the nature of celebrity. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She courts the media - and craves their attention. Anyone who thinks that she is a victim of the media is incredibly naive.

Madonna is a very calculating media-machine. Her moves are all planned to gain the most attention. To compare herself to two political figures who both fought for change is actually rather tasteless.

Those in the public eye, in such a position are a valid point for discussion.

It must be wonderful to have such a wide-eyed and naive view of the nature of celebrity. :)
    I agree with the majority of that, actually.

However I don't agree that Madonna should have been hounded the way she was when she adopted the baby. I agree that if you're going to put yourself in the public eye you should expect the inevitable from the press, but the whole adopting saga got totally out of hand.
    Anyone could see that she wanted to be left alone to get on with it in private, which obviously wasn't going to happen, but how is it fair to criticize her for that?

Also I don't think everything she does is for attention, far from it. She doesn't need to try anymore, it follows her wherever she goes.
    Obviously she does interviews to promote things but going out for a meal with her husband or going to the gym is hardly attention-seeking.

Anyway, I just think her comments were meant to be partly ironic, and the sentiment behind them is great. Why have a go at someone for trying to make themselves something good?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    However I don't agree that Madonna should have been hounded the way she was when she adopted the baby. I agree that if you're going to put yourself in the public eye Anyway, I just think her comments were meant to be partly ironic, and the sentiment behind them is great. Why have a go at someone for trying to make themselves something good?

I'm afraid I'm just TOO cynical of her. I actually find her comments (however ironic) rather tasteless, and showcase her delusions (she is a popstar, not a cultural or political commentator).

I don't think we're going to agree on this one! I'm sure we'll meet under much more pleasant terms in another thread! ;)
This discussion has been closed.