"Mutual Consent" = Axed??? (Lynsey Hollyoaks)

Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,876
Forum Member
✭✭✭
In the couple of interviews i have read with Karen today she says she left by

"Mutual consent"

That to me is usually speak for "axed"...

Seems strange that Hollyoaks would axe one of their most popular characters and better actresses?

Comments

• Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She said she was leaving in August, but they moved forward her exit to make this story run sooner. I don't think she was axed, I just think they took full advantage of losing a big character and gave her a massive exit, just sooner than thought.
  • BrigonBrigon Posts: 2,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or she could have said she wanted to leave to the producers, and they agreed to it.
  • TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    It would have made more sense to keep her around for Silas return though, as she was the one he wanted revenge on the most.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way was she axed. They must know how ridiculously popular she is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JarkdeLuxe wrote: »
    No way was she axed. They must know how ridiculously popular she is.

Definitely. They have used her a lot in the past year, so they wouldn't axe her just for shock value.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seriously doubt she was axed; she'd become one of the most popular characters on the show and was really integrated with the rest of the characters. Plus it was only the other month that Karen made the shortlist at the soap awards.

It does seem to have been quite rushed though; fair enough if Karen wanted to leave but I'd expect she'd have been willing to stay for Silas' return.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RockStars wrote: »
    I seriously doubt she was axed; she'd become one of the most popular characters on the show and was really integrated with the rest of the characters. Plus it was only the other month that Karen made the shortlist at the soap awards.

It does seem to have been quite rushed though; fair enough if Karen wanted to leave but I'd expect she'd have been willing to stay for Silas' return.

On the main site interview, she said she was leaving in August, but they decided to move it forward.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the main site interview, she said she was leaving in August, but they decided to move it forward.

That doesn't surprise me, it really was so sudden!

Hollyoaks have done well to create such a shock so I feel like I'm being a bit critical... but I think in the long run it would have been better to keep her on longer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RockStars wrote: »
    That doesn't surprise me, it really was so sudden!

Hollyoaks have done well to create such a shock so I feel like I'm being a bit critical... but I think in the long run it would have been better to keep her on longer.
    Part of me is happy that they now can't ruin the great ending Lynsey got with Silas, but as well as that, this means Silas has won, whether he did it or not.

I honestly think Silas will get blamed for it, but it will really be someone else. Brendan will find out, kill them in the Later episodes and hide the body. So Silas gets locked up again, but the real killer is dealt with in a dramatic fashion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Part of me is happy that they now can't ruin the great ending Lynsey got with Silas, but as well as that, this means Silas has won, whether he did it or not.

I honestly think Silas will get blamed for it, but it will really be someone else. Brendan will find out, kill them in the Later episodes and hide the body. So Silas gets locked up again, but the real killer is dealt with in a dramatic fashion.

I hope that it wasn't Silas, so that Lynsey can remain the one that won over him. But then I hate the thought of her being killed by Walker or Ally, because I'm just not particularly interested in the characters. I don't really want it to be Mercedes either. Ah, I just want Lynsey to be alive! :(

That's a great idea, it wouldn't surprise me at all now that you've said that if that really did happen, with Brendan getting revenge on the real killer!
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be very shocked if she was axed, shes one of the best actresses in Hollyoaks history.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that it was a bit rushed/sudden. It sounds like Karen had told the producers she was going to leave after her contract was up (August) so they all agreed to move her leaving date forward for this storyline.

I'm not sure if it's better for her to leave like she has, or if she should have stayed a few extra weeks to continue to be tormented by Silas... I guess we'll never know, but she was a great actress and character and I'm glad she got such a shocking exit.
  • Raven123Raven123 Posts: 3,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty obvious that she was meant to leave in August. Hollyoaks was being heavily criticised, ratings were dropping, they needed something to boost ratings quickly so brought Silas back as he's the last popular character, Lynsey was leaving anyway, so they brought her exit forwards by 6 weeks to try and stop the rot and get people noticing the show again.

All a terrible plot device.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raven123 wrote: »
    Pretty obvious that she was meant to leave in August. Hollyoaks was being heavily criticised, ratings were dropping, they needed something to boost ratings quickly so brought Silas back as he's the last popular character, Lynsey was leaving anyway, so they brought her exit forwards by 6 weeks to try and stop the rot and get people noticing the show again.

All a terrible plot device.

To call it a plot device suggests it had no purpose beyond serving a specific storyline which is blatantly untrue. It's a storyline in itself. Your endless hating is seriously boring. Stop watching if you hate it so much and moreover stop whinging on.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn`t look like she`s short of work after she leaves. not that im surprised. The Fall sounds pretty good with her and emmett.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Fall sounds great, Bronagh, Emmett and Gerard are in it and Gillian Anderson is also starring.
  • Raven123Raven123 Posts: 3,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JarkdeLuxe wrote: »
    To call it a plot device suggests it had no purpose beyond serving a specific storyline which is blatantly untrue. It's a storyline in itself. Your endless hating is seriously boring. Stop watching if you hate it so much and moreover stop whinging on.

I called it a plot device due to the fact that her story has blatantly been moved forward to serve no other purpose than to bring Silas back and give the show a ratings boost.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're not getting it. That's not a 'plot device' because it's not something happening only to serve a plot which makes no actual sense out of that context. That's what a plot device is. Stuff gets rewritten all the time in soap, 9 times out of 10 we never find out about it. Who the hell cares if this was brought forward or not? Unless you're just looking for something to bitch about it doesn't matter a jot.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raven123 wrote: »
    I called it a plot device due to the fact that her story has blatantly been moved forward to serve no other purpose than to bring Silas back and give the show a ratings boost.

No, you called it a plot device because you needed some way to criticize the show as you always do and it was the first thing that popped into your mind.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why should it have had weeks of build up though? People get murdered all the time and it just happens, no warnings or hints. They are just gone. The way it was shown was way better. It was a genuine shock and their will be a massive aftermath to it.
    This is not a plot device because it's not what a plot device means.
  • linc52linc52 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gentleguy wrote: »
    I will be very shocked if she was axed, shes one of the best actresses in Hollyoaks history.

so agree with you