The Daily Pwice

Comments

• Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she said nothing, the little toad might have gone away, as it is, she's the one making things more obvious than she needs and getting yet more column inches out of her disabled son.

Perhaps she would have been better off ignoring it, as in a sense she has given the disgusting moron even more publicity and made even more people aware of what he said, but when someone attacks your child it is very difficult for MOST mothers to hold their tongues, let alone someone as gobby as KP.
    As for the "getting more column inches out of her disabled son", would Harvey have even been mentioned this week if it wasn't for the things said about him?
  • Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she said nothing, the little toad might have gone away, as it is, she's the one making things more obvious than she needs and getting yet more column inches out of her disabled son.

This! I wonder how much she was paid for that story? The man is question is totally in the wrong but KP I'm sorry is milking it for all its worth. I wonder how the parents of the children she referred to as " mollies" felt when she made that derogatory remark?
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I know that. My son is autistic.

Fortunately, I don't have the means or, thank god, the money grubbing tendency to make money out of him and as I'm not KP nobody would be interested anyway.

How is an article written by the scum making Katie any money?
    Actually salty if you ever wanted to discuss your son I would be interested ( I'm not being patronising or nasty) as your experiences could enable others to understand the complexities and different aspects of autism..
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    This! I wonder how much she was paid for that story? The man is question is totally in the wrong but KP I'm sorry is milking it for all its worth. I wonder how the parents of the children she referred to as " mollies" felt when she made that derogatory remark?

Exactly.

It's OK for her to do it, but when anyone else does, out comes the 'I'm so hurt' stuff. I don't care about the defence for the 'molly' remark or the semantics of it, she's a hypocrite.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is an article written by the scum making Katie any money?
    Actually salty if you ever wanted to discuss your son I would be interested ( I'm not being patronising or nasty) as your experiences could enable others to understand the complexities and different aspects of autism..

As you're such a big fan Betty, you'll know she writes a column for the Sun, for which she's paid quite handsomely I imagine. - and they'll print any other old hoo-ha she comes out with.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goldbear86 wrote: »

Aw for God's sake! And you people go on about taking things to extremes on the PA thread!

In this instance, and imo any other instance when some pondlife moron makes a derogatory remark about a person with a disability, then they deserve to be publicly and thoroughly blasted. As Azura's Star said, KP in this instance is more than entitled to her rage and hurt on Harvey's behalf.

A little objectivity always helps. Not everything is KP cashing in. She does plenty of that and can be roundly criticised for it, but not something like this. Her child, her right to stand up for him and rant against direct attacks made at his expense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly.

It's OK for her to do it, but when anyone else does, out comes the 'I'm so hurt' stuff. I don't care about the defence for the 'molly' remark or the semantics of it, she's a hypocrite.

As a mother I think she is entitled to be angry
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As you're such a big fan Betty, you'll know she writes a column for the Sun, for which she's paid quite handsomely I imagine. - and they'll print any other old hoo-ha she comes out with.

This wasn't anything to do with her scum colum..and I applaud anyone who raises the issue of hate crimes towards disabled children or adults ..as a support worker I have witnessed first hand some of the abusive comments aimed at young adults with disabilities when out and about.. Being told "they shouldn't be allowed out" hundreds of times still makes me sick to the stomach.. I don't and wont tolerate abuse of that kind on any level.. Why should Katie Price?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This wasn't anything to do with her scum colum..and I applaud anyone who raises the issue of hate crimes towards disabled children or adults ..as a support worker I have witnessed first hand some of the abusive comments aimed at young adults with disabilities when out and about.. Being told to "they shouldn't be allowed out" hundreds of times still makes me sick to the stomach.. I don't and wont tolerate abuse of that kind on any level

Neither would I, but on the other hand since she knows how hurtful verbal abuse is, why would she use the term 'Molly'? She knows how hurtful it is, she has every right to be angry, but why use that word when she knows first hand how hurtful it is? I don't really understand it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a mother I think she is entitled to be angry

As a mother, yes, but when she calls other disabled children 'mollies' she's being a hypocrite.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neither would I, but on the other hand since she knows how hurtful verbal abuse is, why would she use the term 'Molly'? She knows how hurtful it is, she has every right to be angry, but why use that word when she knows first hand how hurtful it is? I don't really understand it.

I agree about the term she used being wrong .. Goes back to our very heated discussion about "dribblers" it's not a term I've heard before and when it was explained what it means I did say she was out of order saying it... Doesn't give others the right to abuse her son though does it
    OT ...To ensure I have the term "mollie " correct could someone PM it's meaning to me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a mother, yes, but when she calls other disabled children 'mollies' she's being a hypocrite.

I agree, but if I was in her situation and someone did that to my child I would not ignore it. I think abuse against the disabled should never be ignored. You are right though she is being very hypocritical
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This wasn't anything to do with her scum colum..and I applaud anyone who raises the issue of hate crimes towards disabled children or adults ..as a support worker I have witnessed first hand some of the abusive comments aimed at young adults with disabilities when out and about.. Being told "they shouldn't be allowed out" hundreds of times still makes me sick to the stomach.. I don't and wont tolerate abuse of that kind on any level.. Why should Katie Price?

Nobody should tolerate it, but if you have experience of these things you really shouldn't castigate people who call disabled children abusive names whilst standing up for KP who's done exactly the same in the past.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody should tolerate it, but if you have experience of these things you really shouldn't castigate people who call disabled children abusive names whilst standing up for KP who's done exactly the same in the past.[/

..I don't have to agree with everything a person says or does to like them.. Show me where I stood up for Katie when she made that comment ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, but if I was in her situation and someone did that to my child I would not ignore it. I think abuse against the disabled should never be ignored. You are right though she is being very hypocritical

If it was against my son, I wouldn't ignore it either, but this is KP we're talking about, and she's not well known for her total honesty and lack of hypocrisy.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She was roundly criticised for that and rightly so - and she should have publicly apologised at the time too, to make it clear that she knew why it caused offence to others. But tweeting her directly as that scumbag did calling Harvey a vegetable and whatever other abuse was attached to it is a whole other ballgame, designed with one purpose only, to hurt and enrage.

KP's 'mollies' was not in the same category, just typical random stupidity by someone unable to express themselves in an intelligent and thoughtful way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was against my son, I wouldn't ignore it either, but this is KP we're talking about, and she's not well known for her total honesty and lack of hypocrisy.

So you believe she shouldn't be allowed a voice because of who she is?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

..I don't have to agree with everything a person says or does to like them..

Hypocrisy is one of the nastier parts of her nasty personality - IMO of course.

I could never defend a complete and utter hypocrite, no matter how much I 'liked' them, but each to their own eh? :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »

KP's 'mollies' was not in the same category, just typical random stupidity by someone unable to express themselves in an intelligent and thoughtful way.

Just as this MP's son seems unable to do.

A pair of idiots ultimately cut from the same cloth really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just as this MP's son seems unable to do.

A pair of idiots ultimately cut from the same cloth really.

He wasn't trying to "express himself" he was abusing a disabled child .. Calling him a vegetable ..not at all the same
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He wasn't trying to "express himself" he was abusing a disabled child .. Calling him a vegetable ..not at all the same

She expresses herself, he expresses himself.

Both in totally inappropriate ways, and both idiots.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She expresses herself, he expresses himself.

Both in totally inappropriate ways, and both idiots.

Except one went out of their way to deliberately offend and the other said something without thinking and when realising she had offended apologised
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Except one went out of their way to deliberately offend and the other said something without thinking and when realising she had offended apologised

He has apologised too. Can you give me a link to where KP did the same over the 'M' word?
    But last night he said he was “ashamed” and apologised “unreservedly” to Katie, adding: “I feel so stupid. I didn’t actually find it funny.”
    www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/4901970/mp-son-ian-lavery-jr-calls-disabled-katie-price-son-vegetable.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has apologised too. Can you give me a link to where KP did the same over the 'M' word?

Sorry Salty..I can't because in absolutely useless at posting links maybe someone else can
  • ValentinaVargasValentinaVargas Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree about the term she used being wrong .. Goes back to our very heated discussion about "dribblers" it's not a term I've heard before and when it was explained what it means I did say she was out of order saying it... Doesn't give others the right to abuse her son though does it
    OT ...To ensure I have the term "mollie " correct could someone PM it's meaning to me

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2007/apr/19/britishidentity.fashion

What is a molly?

"Molly has many meanings in the UK. In the north-east it is used to insult those who were once called "square". In south London I have heard it join a litany of other words used to abuse and intimidate gay men."

"However, Jordan was right when she claimed that her use of the word was specific to Brighton"

"The girls who called other girls mollies were the cool kids. The mollies always wore tweedy old knickers and your great-granny's stuff." The root of the word is, apparently, "mollycoddled".

But, my favourite quote I think is:-

" We should be thankful to Jordan (who I have interviewed twice) for keeping ancient east Sussex dialect alive. Her other favourite word is "doughnut", which, in the context she uses it, refers to anyone more stupid than her. Thus, when she is not accompanied by Peter Andre, it is almost never employed."
This discussion has been closed.