Options

Emmett Scanlan's Digitalspy interview was NOT bitter and arrogant

sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Goodness me, his Digital Spy interview was very honest and he didn't come across as rude etc.

I've noticed that a lot of people are dismayed with Emmett's interview. Most of the people who complained are the "Stug" fans ;)

Apparently PJ Brennan had always talked badly about Emmett in the past??

PJ Brennan tweeted this today "@peejaybrennan: Regardless of how he felt about me, I'm surprised Emmett felt the need to disparage our hard work to make the same show he made for 3yrs.". I'm surprised he said that as he's very bitter towards Emmett.

Sorry but Stendan are a very popular pairing and they did win "Best Partnership" in British Soap Awards.

I thought Daniel Kilkelly asked some brilliant questions in the interview and I loved Emmett's answers.

What are your thoughts on Emmett's interview?

Comments

• Options
    avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's being honest and I really like him for that.

He's also tell the truth about Stug.
  • Options
    QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HAHA! Emmett is BRILLIANT
  • Options
    superstargirl81superstargirl81 Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    He's always been extremely honest...perhaps too honest but his fans all know that about him and after 3 years working together, PJ should know that too!

Personally I find his brutal honesty and bluntness endearing, he doesn't pander to the fans and we know he's not lying!
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved his biscuit comparison :D:D Emmett great.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    He is brilliant. Laughed out loud at his 'Stug' comments.
  • Options
    Bluebird69Bluebird69 Posts: 5,570
    Forum Member
    Wow. Six posts in, and no haters yet. Must be a record! :p

I love Emmett :)
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved his interview, he was really funny:D adleast he didn't give stupid fake answers to appease the audience like most of them do:rolleyes:

ps PJ brennan sounds like a pathetic loser:sleep: so does Rob Norbury
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    PJ dislikes anyone who doesn't like his character and his storylines. You're not allowed your own opinion where he is concerned.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't read the interview but why would he be bitter? His character was probably one of the top 5 most iconic HO characters and won many awards for his portrayla of Brendan. Since leaving the show, he's had a success that I am sure many soap actors envy.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hetty100 wrote: »
    I loved his interview, he was really funny:D adleast he didn't give stupid fake answers to appease the audience like most of them do:rolleyes:

ps PJ brennan sounds like a pathetic loser:sleep: so does Rob Norbury

What did Rob say?
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Perhaps he could've been a little more tactful, is what I think PJ Brennan may be getting at, and I agree with him. There's a fine line between being honest and maintaining professionalism and dignity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ads84 wrote: »
    Perhaps he could've been a little more tactful, is what I think PJ Brennan may be getting at, and I agree with him. There's a fine line between being honest and maintaining professionalism and dignity.

Yet it's fine for PJ to slate Stendan fans on twitter.
  • Options
    ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    avaconrad wrote: »
    Yet it's fine for PJ to slate Stendan fans on twitter.

No it's not. But then in that case, two wrongs don't make a right and the pair of them need to grow up.
  • Options
    Ellie_DollieEllie_Dollie Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodness me, his Digital Spy interview was very honest and he didn't come across as rude etc.

I thought Daniel Kilkelly asked some brilliant questions in the interview and I loved Emmett's answers.

I don't get why people are saying he is bitter. Why would he be bitter it was his choice to leave.
    I thought it was a great interview and loved that he talked about Hollyoaks a lot. I am disappointed that even though he says Brendan and Ste's story isn't finished when you read between the lines it doesn't sound like he will go back. I wish him well with all he does in the future but to me he will always be Brendan and I just wish they hadn't left the story the way they did. At least if he had died he would have been waiting for Ste 'in the next life' (although the way they're writing Ste now Ste will be with bloody Dug in the next life :mad:)
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could careless about Stug or Stenden or whatever shipper fans call them, I like Brendan Brady and I like Ste separately as character, wasn't fussed about them together, although I thought turning Doug gay after playing a straight character for a long while did spoil him and in a way wrote him into a corner, considering it wasn't that long after they did the same with Ste.

I wouldn't slate ES for his interview he was honest and I didn't find it rude or arrogant but I did find it unprofessional to make a dig even as subtle as he did at a former colleague, whatever issues he might of had, his going to encounter it a lot in his profession and I would say people won't take kindly to being publicly blasted.
  • Options
    Bluebird69Bluebird69 Posts: 5,570
    Forum Member
    I don't get why people are saying he is bitter. Why would he be bitter it was his choice to leave.
    I thought it was a great interview and loved that he talked about Hollyoaks a lot. I am disappointed that even though he says Brendan and Ste's story isn't finished when you read between the lines it doesn't sound like he will go back. I wish him well with all he does in the future but to me he will always be Brendan and I just wish they hadn't left the story the way they did. At least if he had died he would have been waiting for Ste 'in the next life' (although the way they're writing Ste now Ste will be with bloody Dug in the next life :mad:)

Who knows how long the next life could be? Sixty years with whiny Doug? This might be a choice that Ste comes to regret :p

And yeah, like he has so much to be bitter about! ;) It must be awful living with the knowledge you've created a legendary soap character, won a shedload of awards and a devoted following, and have only lined up two roles in acclaimed BBC productions and one role in a major studio movie in the eight months since leaving HOs (not to mention all the ones he's turned down). And I won't mention the fact he's drop-dead gorgeous, as that would be shallow. Poor Emmett, life must be so tough :D
  • Options
    jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just read the interview and the honesty was really powerful. At times when we read interviews we hear the actors and actresses talk very general about topics but Emmett told the truth and I respect him for that. We as an audience read interviews to get to know the actors not to hear BS and read what we want to read. I am sure that alot of people view the Hollyoaks cast as a family and think they will all be friends even when actors leave which is obviously not the case.

At the end of the day its a job and a lot of the time we forget it
  • Options
    Ellie_DollieEllie_Dollie Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluebird69 wrote: »
    Who knows how long the next life could be? Sixty years with whiny Doug? This might be a choice that Ste comes to regret :p

And yeah, like he has so much to be bitter about! ;) It must be awful living with the knowledge you've created a legendary soap character, won a shedload of awards and a devoted following, and have only lined up two roles in acclaimed BBC productions and one role in a major studio movie in the eight months since leaving HOs (not to mention all the ones he's turned down). And I won't mention the fact he's drop-dead gorgeous, as that would be shallow. Poor Emmett, life must be so tough :D

That's another reason why I can't see him going back, he's got too much going on now :cry:

BIB: Chose the wrong bloody door didn't he ;)
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonjons wrote: »
    I just read the interview and the honesty was really powerful. At times when we read interviews we hear the actors and actresses talk very general about topics but Emmett told the truth and I respect him for that. We as an audience read interviews to get to know the actors not to hear BS and read what we want to read. I am sure that alot of people view the Hollyoaks cast as a family and think they will all be friends even when actors leave which is obviously not the case.

At the end of the day its a job and a lot of the time we forget it

LOL I wonder what PJ Brennan gonna be doing after hollyoaks???

Celebrity big brothers on soon isn't it???:cool::p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I believe he wants to sing :eek::eek::cry:
  • Options
    fenpeperfenpeper Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Thing is, he wasn't attacking PJ, he was scathing about the partnership of Ste and Doug, the characters. x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No it just finished recently.
    He's looking to go in theatre and considering singing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avaconrad wrote: »
    I believe he wants to sing :eek::eek::cry:
    I'm not sure how you meant this comment, but I really like one of his songs a lot.. https://soundcloud.com/pjbrennan/days-like-cups
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't understand the comments he made about Joe Tracini. What's he getting at? :confused:
  • Options
    ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His interview was arrogant and self important. Fine line and he crossed it, besides he's hardly got the job to be boasting about.