Options

Shops with good customer service

Comments

• Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Dan Sette wrote: »
    I make no apologies for mentioning Apple. Cracking customer service form my experiences. Generally most stores you buy, then you forget.

It's how they react when things go wrong that is important.

I've never had any trouble with Apple Stores. I've always found them helpful. I've never used the Genius Bar though or paid for One to One (which I still think is a load of crap :p) or anything like that.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Waterstones and Sainsbury's.
  • Options
    biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    motsy wrote: »
    A branch can have a 100% good customer service record or could be the best in the world but the suits (with no experience on the shop floor who only go on the shop floor for ten minute visits) up at head office keep expecting higher and higher levels.

So true.
    I think only people who work in retail know this.
    And it tends to be staff who work in companies with interfering 'suits' with ridiculous expectations who are unhappy and stressed in their job and may sometimes transfer this to customers while serving them.
  • Options
    The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll say Boots too - But only the girls that work on the Benefit make up counter, they're customer service is great.
    I know they reel you in to buy products by being nice and friendly - But it work! I'm happy to buy from them as they are so helpful, knowledgable about the product and they do your make up for free :-)
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like shop keepers to be polite when serving...but I hate it when they keep bothering you in order to get a sale.

Really puts me off of places like Currys, SCS etc.

I once went into Currys for a DVD player and couldn't actually get a salesperson to assist me.
    After a while I chose a product, saw the box stacked under the display and took it to the till.
    As I was paying for it a salesman sidled up and said "Did you find what you were looking for sir?"
    I looked at him, pointed at the box and said, with just a mild hint of sarcasm, "Yes, it's in there".
    He said something like "Oh, good", nodded rather noticeably at the cashier and left.
    I looked at the cashier and said "He's just claimed this sale hasn't he?"
    He sheepishly replied "Yes".
  • Options
    sybilvimessybilvimes Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When it comes to mail order you can't beat Landsend for customer service.
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sybilvimes wrote: »
    When it comes to mail order you can't beat Landsend for customer service.

I'd say the same of Amazon.
    Remarkable service even when you choose free delivery.
    They always come in inside their promised delivery dates.
  • Options
    confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    L'occitane.....the staff tend to have a tremendous product knowledge.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Agree 100% about their CS, and regarding the BIB if they fail to deliver at said date, they will make sure you are happy even if its a marketplace sale.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    John Lewis have been great with me over the years. They repaired my 7 years old tumble-dryer without charge ... :) It was well out of warranty. Granted it is their own 'John Lewis' make ... but who fixes a 7 years old appliance for nowt these days? :)

Another is a local tyre place. I found my car's tyres on their website for £25 each fitted :eek: (an obvious mistake) The cheapest everywhere else was £65.

I phoned them to enquire and they said yes it was mistake, but they'd honour it. :cool: That is what I call good customer service.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    John Lewis/Waitrose. Both owned by the same company.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member

Amazon is difficult to beat or fault.

And one of their main delivery centres is at Ridgmont, Bedfordshire, so even Super Saver delivery usually gets to me within a couple of days. Not long ago I got a Times Atlas Of Great Britain in good condition from an Amazon Marketplace trader for just over £3 (retail price £90).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ridgmont
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    Boots, M & S and Waterstones are all good. Debenhams on the other hand, has dreadful customer service.
  • Options
    KathrynhaKathrynha Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mainly small shops that I find give the best customer service.

Of particular note near me are:
    Present planners toy shop - Skipton
    Little hen company toy shop - Horsforth, Leeds
    Adelaide Walker wool shop - Otley
    Bonds haberdashery - Farsley, Leeds

For larger chains:
    Lush - they are so enthusiastic for their products
    Hobbycraft - they employ staff that are in to crafts
    Bravisimo - They can size you from sight
    Asda living - they are a lot more helpful than in their food stores
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    Gabbot's Farms for me.
    The service in the Manchester Arndale Branch is great and the waiting times're shorter than McDonalds. Their Zinger wings're great but just think of what they could do with KFC style chicken. They should open up outlets in food courts and a hit and spicy chicken leg can be easily split into two portions. Let's see.. A big chicken leg with drumstick and thigh combined but putlled apart and two for two-twenty...
    Cheaper than KFC and tastier than McDonalds.
    Q: Can you grow out of McDonalds as I seems to be a kid oriented place?
  • Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Waitrose
    Monsoon
    John Lewis
    My local WHSmiths
    Waterstones
    lots of quilting fabric shops and haberdashers
    local ironmongers

In fact most of the shops where I live give excellent customer service with the exception of Boots!

Do they still try and sell you chocolate at the tills?

That really pisses me off.
  • Options
    LoisLois Posts: 118,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    M&S and Boots.
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    Fat Face for some reason their staff are always cheerful and friendly

Waitrose - I feel sorry for the Manager of my local Waitrose last Christmas he had a queue out the door for click and collect orders and he was doing most of them himself. He is a very good Manager and is always out on the shop floor

John Lewis - the ladies on the beauty counters and the lady in the Haberdashery bit are always really helpful

Waterstones - they seem to know their stuff
  • Options
    vivelamourvivelamour Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Let me tell you, the shops/restaurants etc in the UK have excellent customer service.

Where I live (Belgium), customer service is just ridiculous.
    When you go to a shop over here it is as if your are bothering the sales people. How dare you interrupt their gossip session.
    And when you complain about something in a shop or restaurants, you can bet it will be the customer's fault.

No really, you are lucky in the UK. That's why I come over a couple of times a year to do my shopping in the UK.
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Recently I have had excellent customer service from The Car Phone Warehouse (unlike Talktalk who have my vote for the worst ever customer service)

Others that I have had excellent service from and have mentioned on similar threads are: Amazon and Ed's Diner!
  • Options
    FortyTwo25FortyTwo25 Posts: 5,170
    Forum Member
    Whole Foods and John Lewis
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stopped buying Apple products because I didn't like their customer service. Just goes to show even places where some feel they get good customer service it isn't always the case.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have always found the service in Morrisons very satisfactory.
  • Options
    TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boots
    Waitrose

These two are super hit and miss. Boots are notoriously slow at serving you, it takes an entire lunch break to buy a sandwich in there.

The Waitrose near me also employ people with the entire worlds amount of time on their hands.
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    I like shop keepers to be polite when serving...but I hate it when they keep bothering you in order to get a sale.

Really puts me off of places like Currys, SCS etc.

I went to currys today as our fridge freezer is on its last legs. Saw one i thought i wanted and had a few questions. There were about 3/4 groups of people waiting around to be served. One couple said they had been waiting 25 mins. This was about 11 on thursday morning.

I waited 10 mins, saw no staff at all, so went home and will be ordering the same model online from somewhere else, probably for less money too.

What is crazy is though is that there is literally no where else within a 10 mile radius where you could go and look at kitchen appliances.