Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 2)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grey on grey colour schemes :(
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    Indeed. Others being ATM machine and LCD display. I've even heard RAM memory and HD drive.

HD drive is correct is it not? I'm sure its actually a Hard Disk Drive, HDD, but most people call it a hard drive.
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taking a functional if not pretty forum design and changing it into a clunky, awkward, useless design for no real reason. Change it radically - make it cutting edge. I'd like that. But foremost, make it actually work. And figure that all out before you go live. We're meant to catch the last few, easy-to-overlook glitches. Not deal with a total train wreck.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Driving home last night on a dual carriageway doing 60mph in the left hand lane. All was fine until looking in my rear view mirror in the distance I could see another car approaching. As it caught me up it had clearly been going much faster but on reaching me decided he was going to sit behind me matching my speed but just at the right distance to be blinding me with his headlights. He carried on sitting there for a few miles until I eventually slowed down to 50mph to encourage him to overtake. Why he didn't just overtake anyway I don't know.
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do so many clothes shops feel the need to blast my ears out with dance music as I'm browsing for clothes?

Prime culprits are Top Man/Top Shop, River Island, Burtons, Dorothy Perkins and Hollister. It's so loud and intrusive that you'd be forgiven for thinking you'd walked into a nightclub. You can't hear yourself think.
  • guypdguypd Posts: 2,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Putting five-year-olds in charge of things that should only be attempted by qualified, competent adults.

Web design comes to mind, for some reason.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mum who insists on ringing me up for a chat just so she can spread her idol gossip about 3 times a day then I can't get her off the ruddy phone and just when she's about to clear off she starts talking about something else. She always manages to say something to cause an argument or deliberately tries to wind me up because she's such a catty, bitter, manipulative b**ch. The woman does my head in mithering me all the time and despite me telling her several times that I have to go, her mouth just carries on rambling like a steam train which usually involves her slagging somebody off, gossiping about someone or listening to her brag off about her holidays because she seems to take pride in trying to wind you up and make you jealous. Like last week when I told her I'd bought a new microwave then she proceeded to slag it off telling me how I could have got a better one for less money had I gone to such and such shop and hers is far better than mine which she paid a lot less for then proceeded to smirk at me. She's so nasty and bitter that she thinks that by slagging everyone else off it somehow makes her superior.

In between listening to her bitching about people she's usually got something catty to say about my business, always shoving her opinions in where it's not wanted. Trying to get a word in edgeways is impossible because she never shuts up for a second to let you speak and when you do, she asks you the same question about 3 times in one conversation because she doesn't bother to listen as she's only interested in what she's got to say. The woman doesn't seem to have a nice word to say about anyone. Most of the time she calls about nothing of any importance or she rings to make issues about something equally as trivial. It must be wonderful living in a world where you can spend all day bothering others and worrying and bitching about trivial things because you've got nothing else better to do.

I've tried putting the phone off the hook but then I just get that annoying siren noise coming down the phone at me so I don't know what's worse.

Apologies for the rant but i've just got off the phone to her and again she's managed to firmly piss me off by accusing me of pressurising her into buying a Christmas present for my wife that she didn't really want to buy despite me asking her several times if she definitely wanted me to get it for her. But what she'll do is sit there bitching at me about it when it was HER decision then tell me in the next breath how it's too late and doesn't matter. Well if it doesn't matter then why the hell are you making issues about it and accusing ME of pressurising you?
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    The Wizard wrote: »
    Why do so many clothes shops feel the need to blast my ears out with dance music as I'm browsing for clothes?

Prime culprits are Top Man/Top Shop, River Island, Burtons, Dorothy Perkins and Hollister. It's so loud and intrusive that you'd be forgiven for thinking you'd walked into a nightclub. You can't hear yourself think.

http://youtu.be/R3YVvX0MB64?t=21m8s
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I go to try on a pair of shoes in a shop, only to find that the "trying on area" is full of bored husbands and children having a sit down while waiting for their wife/girlfriend/mother to finish shopping!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Horton wrote: »
    When I go to try on a pair of shoes in a shop, only to find that the "trying on area" is full of bored husbands and children having a sit down while waiting for their wife/girlfriend/mother to finish shopping!

Just think how them poor sods feel being dragged around by their wives from one shop to the next when they could be sat at home watching the football. At least you're there of your own free will.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rubbish redesigns of a formerly awesome site!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just think how them poor sods feel being dragged around by their wives from one shop to the next when they could be sat at home watching the football. At least you're there of your own free will.

There's a pub just around the corner from New Look (where this mainly happens) with a sign that says "HUSBAND CRECHE" haha.
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Utterly destroying perfectly good, nice looking, workable Internet forums and replacing them with tripe of the highest order.
  • wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Utterly destroying perfectly good, nice looking, workable Internet forums and replacing them with tripe of the highest order.

This pretty much says it for me also!
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    HD drive is correct is it not? I'm sure its actually a Hard Disk Drive, HDD, but most people call it a hard drive.

Like you said, it would normally be HD or HDD.

Just like you would normally say/write ATM, not AT machine or LC display. However, point noted.
  • CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horton wrote: »
    There's a pub just around the corner from New Look (where this mainly happens) with a sign that says "HUSBAND CRECHE" haha.

lololol
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    The latest parental complaint, the e-cig advert. Apparently it received hundreds of complaints from angry parents after it aired at 21:10 and contained sexual innuendos, implying oral sex and not revealing until the end it was an ad for e-cigs.

Firstly it was on after the watershed so the little darlings shouldnt have been watching. Secondly the innocent little minds shouldnt know what oral sex is so the innuendo would go straight over their heads. Unless of course theyve already been exposed to knowing what it is, in which case i doubt the ad makers are to blame.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mum who insists on ringing me up for a chat[...]she's such a catty, bitter, manipulative b**ch.

At first I thought "That's a bit mean. Maybe the mum's just lonely." but then I read on!
  • Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    People who won't let anyone take the last seat at a school concert/airport departure lounge or somesuch, because they're 'holding it' for someone who hasn't arrived yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    People reading over my shoulder!
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    All this paul walker stuff needs to stop. Its awful that he died but the news constantly bringing more details in is quite frankly sick.

Knowing he died in a crash is bad enough but today for example they are speculating that he was trapped in the car for a minute before it caught fire. Then the report that they were only in the car as they were parking it on behalf of someone who couldnt park it properly.

All they are doing is milking someones grief. And dont get me started on bringing children into it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The loud volume of music at the gym.
    The fact my earphones don't stay in when I'm running on the treadmill.
    The two combined means the music I'm trying to listen to is mixed in with the crappy gym music/adverts and creates an awful noise.
    The annoying "song" (word used loosely) with the video of two brothers who ditch school to prat about with a large beatbox or something. Sounds like a chorus of vuvezelas. Bloody awful.
    The fact I can't seem to find the name of that song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People reading over my shoulder!
    Yes, sorry about that... :p
    podgicus wrote: »
    ...The loud volume of music at the gym.
    The fact my earphones don't stay in when I'm running on the treadmill....
    Turn down your music player, then? :s
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    It annoys me how whenever there are doughnuts or something like that in the office, there's always at least one person who will watch like a hawk as you eat one and say 'Ooh, I wish I could get away with eating that', 'Oh, I mustn't', 'I don't know how you can' ad infinitum. If you want to eat it, eat it... or just shut up about it!
  • makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owly wrote: »
    It annoys me how whenever there are doughnuts or something like that in the office, there's always at least one person who will watch like a hawk as you eat one and say 'Ooh, I wish I could get away with eating that', 'Oh, I mustn't', 'I don't know how you can' ad infinitum. If you want to eat it, eat it... or just shut up about it!

Eating with your mouth open letting the person get a full viewing of the cream and jam going round your mouth would stop this.
This discussion has been closed.