• Options
    boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim to win......
  • Options
    lovetrashtvlovetrashtv Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    I just can't understand how someone who has admitted being violent to partners in the past can be so well liked. I don't like men who hit women. No excuses.
  • Options
    amiableamiable Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    All I can say is, if there is such thing as a Heaven then Jim Davidson will surely be there.

*sarcasm*
  • Options
    lexstarlexstar Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I vote by what I see on the show. Of course he is different to how he is on past shows like Generation Game etc, he was acting the role of presenter. In here he's just being him, warts and all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I honestly think Jim divised a checklist before he went into the house:

1) Mention how you've changed. How you found God and it made him better
    2) Always apologise in arguments he has orchestrated
    3) Mention the courtcase and how terrible it was
    4) Reinforce his celestial goodness at every opportunity by mentioning charity work.
    5) And most importantly of all, never mention his strong opinions even if it kills him inside. Just keep mouth shut.
  • Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amiable wrote: »

4) Reinforce his celestial goodness at every opportunity by mentioning charity work.
    5) And most importantly of all, never mention his strong opinions even if it kills him inside. Just keep mouth shut.

What court case?
  • Options
    missbeeniemissbeenie Posts: 4,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aurichie wrote: »
    It's not a foregone conclusion if we do the right thing. But I can't be the lone ranger fighting against false belief in the inevitably of it all.

Your not alone, there are many of us that don't want him to win. I maybe alone but I hate the racist c**t. I hate him with a passion, and I am appalled that someone of his ilk is being touted to win.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All I can say is, if there is such thing as a Heaven then Jim Davidson will surely be there.

*sarcasm*

His tireless work for charity would probably ensure he was there........
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    missbeenie wrote: »
    Your not alone, there are many of us that don't want him to win. I maybe alone but I hate the racist c**t. I hate him with a passion, and I am appalled that someone of his ilk is being touted to win.

Oooh you sound pleasant.
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh you sound pleasant.

It's a sure fire way to get folk on your side isn't it LOL!

;-):)
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Is this what it has reduced to?
    Pleading in what I picture as a pathetic little voice...".Pleeeeease dont let him win!"
    Im not particularly a fan of JD but I think he is going to win beause of LN. Perhaps you shouldhave saved your sad please for her, as in "rPleaseLinda, please dont make him win"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am a self confessed Jim hater, but I have to confess there is no one I can see winning apart from Jim
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

let's hope no-one you know who's made mistakes hopes you will give them a second chance then ay ! You don't get an OBE luv for sitting on your fat backside or from sleeping around.

I defy anyone who wouldn't have told Linda to STFU long before Jim's snapped.
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    This sort of thread makes me want to actually vote, which I rarely if ever do.

So I think I may actually pick up the phone and vote for Jim.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this what it has reduced to?
    Pleading in what I picture as a pathetic little voice...".Pleeeeease dont let him win!"
    Im not particularly a fan of JD but I think he is going to win beause of LN. Perhaps you shouldhave saved your sad please for her, as in "rPleaseLinda, please dont make him win"

I think he won't win because of Linda Nolan.

He won't he blew it with the comment to Linda about her husband - BUT during the campaign task, Jim was watching Linda and said that he didn't bring up her husband in the first place, it was Linda who did, so we don't know what was said prior to BB showing us the clip of Jim telling a HM to ask Linda about Frank Carsons dressing room, it was edited -

However, he was out of order, I agree and that's why he won't win now, it won't have been forgotten.
  • Options
    Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No she didn't. She was pointedly (pay attention everyone) asked who she wouldn't like to be in there with; by an interviewer who knew who she was going in with. She was then asked why she didn't like him and, on the spot, said they had a row and she got him thrown out of a club. She didn't bring anything up - she was let straight up that garden path. How can SO many people be SO blind to the BLINDINGLY obvious?

Anyway, on Jim. I think he probably will win because he has played an absolutely bloody blinder. He has my admiration for how well he's played that house and everyone in it. Has he changed? Not even a little tiny bit. He was cracking jokes about black paralympians looking like peperami sticks a couple of months ago; his sexism and contempt for his female hms is only barely veiled if you're not actively ignoring it.

Still - he's a master player. All credit to the man.

You are referring to his stage act! Do you really believe he would mock anyone disabled he passed in the street? His act is also very sexist, yet there has been no real evidence to prove he is like that in real life, in fact he has often mucked in, cooking , cleaning etc
    You do realise that Hayley never really died in Corination Street don't you :D:D
  • Options
    quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    I just can't understand how someone who has admitted being violent to partners in the past can be so well liked. I don't like men who hit women. No excuses.

One woman accused him and he had alcohol and drug problems during the six month marriage thereby not been your real self.And his version of events are that it was a two way domestic violence whereas her version is one sided.If you looked into a lot of celebrities lives including some of the most famous ones you'd find some very unsavoury facts too.

Not saying you're wrong because I hate men who hit women too,just balancing out your black and white post.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    You are referring to his stage act! Do you really believe he would mock anyone disabled he passed in the street? His act is also very sexist, yet there has been no real evidence to prove he is like that in real life, in fact he has often mucked in, cooking , cleaning etc
    You do realise that Hayley never really died in Corination Street don't you :D:D

exactly, well put - and he does a lot of cooking in the house, he even has his own cook book out , and it's just mudslinging going on by those who can't differentiate between Jim's professional persona and himself.

He won't and i don't think 'should' win, I think he will at best come 2nd, Ollie, Dappy, Jim perhaps too could be likely outcome now.

Hate this dragging up of court cases, when all the HMs have questionable personalities and past. Jim is an easy target for the nominations in the house and on here - He is often rude, arrogant, and uses sarcasm to shut other HMs up, but he has been a great HM and I'm surprised how controlled he's been with his mouth, got to hand it to him.
  • Options
    Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No she didn't. She was pointedly (pay attention everyone) asked who she wouldn't like to be in there with; by an interviewer who knew who she was going in with. She was then asked why she didn't like him and, on the spot, said they had a row and she got him thrown out of a club. She didn't bring anything up - she was let straight up that garden path. How can SO many people be SO blind to the BLINDINGLY obvious?

Anyway, on Jim. I think he probably will win because he has played an absolutely bloody blinder. He has my admiration for how well he's played that house and everyone in it. Has he changed? Not even a little tiny bit. He was cracking jokes about black paralympians looking like peperami sticks a couple of months ago; his sexism and contempt for his female hms is only barely veiled if you're not actively ignoring it.

Still - he's a master player. All credit to the man.

You are basing your opinions on Jim's stage act. Do you really think that he would mock someone who was disabled or black if he passed them in the street? His stage act is also sexist, he has not shown himself to be sexist in the house, he has done the cooking, washing up, cleaning, and clearly not just for the cameras, as he was more than comfortable cooking a meal for so many people, so he has clearly cooked many times.
    He has shown great restraint with some of the housemates, even Linda's sister admitted that Linda had gone in the house to push Jim's buttons, to get Jim to show his real nasty self, why would anyone even think to do such a thing? Why can't people simply make their own minds up? Linda also said in the DR that Dappy would not be told that Jim was basically a ****, why does Linda need to tell others what Jim's like, why can't they figure it out themselves?
    I judged Jim by his past and hid comedy act, and didn't much like him tbh, now I realise his stage act (like most comedians) is just that. You do realise that Hayley didn't really die in Corrie this week don't you? :D
    Jim to win, for no other reason than he has been the most loyal and honest housemate, he hasn't switched from person to person, he didn't take being nominated personally, he took it on the chin, and moved on, and treated people the same before and after being nominated. He has admitted he is flawed, he has taken steps to change, and I think those changes are apparent. Good for him.
    JIM TO WIN
  • Options
    Kwazykat61Kwazykat61 Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    E05297535 wrote: »
    Colleen.......is that you?????

Thanks for making me laugh out loud in the office whilst sneaking about on DS ... seriously thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Was there so much hate for Michael Barrymore when he went in the house, and they found a dead body in his pool !!!.

JIM JIM JIM JIM JIM :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    You are basing your opinions on Jim's stage act. Do you really think that he would mock someone who was disabled or black if he passed them in the street? His stage act is also sexist, he has not shown himself to be sexist in the house, he has done the cooking, washing up, cleaning, and clearly not just for the cameras, as he was more than comfortable cooking a meal for so many people, so he has clearly cooked many times.
    He has shown great restraint with some of the housemates, even Linda's sister admitted that Linda had gone in the house to push Jim's buttons, to get Jim to show his real nasty self, why would anyone even think to do such a thing? Why can't people simply make their own minds up? Linda also said in the DR that Dappy would not be told that Jim was basically a ****, why does Linda need to tell others what Jim's like, why can't they figure it out themselves?
    I judged Jim by his past and hid comedy act, and didn't much like him tbh, now I realise his stage act (like most comedians) is just that. You do realise that Hayley didn't really die in Corrie this week don't you? :D
    Jim to win, for no other reason than he has been the most loyal and honest housemate, he hasn't switched from person to person, he didn't take being nominated personally, he took it on the chin, and moved on, and treated people the same before and after being nominated. He has admitted he is flawed, he has taken steps to change, and I think those changes are apparent. Good for him.
    JIM TO WIN

Yes he has been racist to black people in the street. That's him through and and through a nasty piece of work, and people now want to try and make out he's some kind of funny guy who, has been down on his luck, and he isn't really like that. What did you expect him to do go In the house and start calling people you ****in n*g**r ,so it could confirm for you that this man is a racist. He called Brian Dowling a shirt lifter, on public tv, he's learnt his lesson since then.

He is a passive aggressive nasty piece of work, and I will never give him any sympathy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh you sound pleasant.

I am pleasant person, I normally don't like to see the hms booed, because they have entertained me, good or bad. I am willing to turn the other cheek, and like to treat people how I would like to be treated.

However where Jim Davidson is concerned, I hate him and I am quite happy to say so, and if I could I would throw a bucket of slop all over him, that's what he deserves.
  • Options
    BBoldie2013BBoldie2013 Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    I too would be very disappointed if Jim won but not for most of the usual reasons posted.

It’s because I believe his fans won’t be voting for the real Jim at all but a scared, watered down, agent advised version of himself. He’s in there to improve his image (which was damaged when he was being himself) and is determined to do that despite Linda’s best efforts to deter him.

If he won it would be because of people’s dislike of Linda’s treatment of him and I don’t think anyone deserves to win for that reason.

I am bemused when people describe him as hilarious and entertaining. I’ve seen Jim live and remember his TV shows and this is not the funny man I remember. I’m talking about his delivery and timing and relaxed friendly banter with the audience not the sexism and racism he always had in his act. (Even though this was acceptable then I was still uncomfortable with this aspect of his shows).

In the house he just looks miserable to me, a person in pains to hide his true personality and just get through this process.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    missbeenie wrote: »
    I am pleasant person, I normally don't like to see the hms booed, because they have entertained me, good or bad. I am willing to turn the other cheek, and like to treat people how I would like to be treated.

However where Jim Davidson is concerned, I hate him and I am quite happy to say so, and if I could I would throw a bucket of slop all over him, that's what he deserves.

Bit in bold ... there are MANY of us who disagree