Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Biggest SOR for me so far this evening is how Sofa had the gall to ask Kevin "Don't you trust meh?" and he never once mentioned the £20,000 she diddled him out of! ^_^

Exactly what I was thinking when he said she would pay back the £30!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know we have discussed before about the workers calling the factory bosses Mr & Mrs and how this does not happen much now. But it was really ridiculous tonight when Kirk called Peter "Mr Barlow" - there have been many scenes in which they have been drinking (orange juice for Peter) together in the Rovers and boys nights out - etc.

In fact they are practiclly related - Peter's wife's deceased husband was the brother of Kirk's sister's deceased husband!

That would make them sister in laws by marriage (if Carla had not already married Tony Gordon - can't remember if she had by then!)
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How clever of Maddie to have her bag packed and ready by the front door so that she could just snatch it up and flounce off! ;-)
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Did i hear correctly, the gym is open on Wednesday?
    Jason is seemingly one guy who can do all the gym stuff in less than 3 weeks?
    Wouldnt they need checks and people make sure everything is safe and fully working.
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Why does everyone go there for tea and coffee when they could just pop home for one, and it'd be cheaper.?

I wondered that tonight when I seen Anna carrying cardboard cups in the builders yard. Now, I thought they were skint? Is she nicking tea from the cafe?!
  • Options
    MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't Dougie still under the footings of that house Steve Mc was doing up... :confused:

No they have moved studios ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Peter said to Carla he'd be (back) in a jiffy ... pity he didn't think of that earlier ;-):D
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amysmum wrote: »
    Jeezzzz, I came on here to read about the latest SORs after a few days away and not seeing any Corrie. Started at page 157, read 3 pages and gave up. All I was reading about was hair colour and the correct names or origins of a bacon butty or barm cake.

What has happened to the funny quirky thread that this used to be. I haven't bothretrd with pages 160 onwards! Please let us get back to SORs.

If Gail needs to know the whereabouts of her intruder (Les Dennis) then I can tell her and everyone else on here that he's just come off the stage and leaving the Milton Keynes Theatre RIGHT NOW!

I'm calling the local constabulary right away to apprehend the comedy villain! :p

Oh, and Tony Gordon (Gray O'Brien) is with him too, which would be a remarkable double scalp! He wasn't definitely dead in the factory fire in 2010 was he. :D
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't Dougie still under the footings of that house Steve Mc was doing up... :confused:
    I don't think so. Richard Hillman robbed him as he died, but I don't think he hid the body :)
  • Options
    Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edEx wrote: »
    I don't think so. Richard Hillman robbed him as he died, but I don't think he hid the body :)

I remember a scene with Steve and someone (it must have been Hillman) desperate for the concrete to go in to the hole where they were underpinning the house... :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember a scene with Steve and someone (it must have been Hillman) desperate for the concrete to go in to the hole where they were underpinning the house... :confused:
    Wasn't that Hillmans ex wife?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't that Hillmans ex wife?

Well what happened to Dougie then... I know he fell off the landing coz cheap skate Steve had used inferior spindles on the balustrade but I thought they got rid of the body... ??
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    AKFE wrote: »
    So annoying! A window-cleaner and factory worker buying cafe breakfasts for a lazy, part-time worker daughter and her destitute lover on a regular Monday morning?
    It's even worse when the characters are having "money troubles". Why fritter your money at the cafe when you can have tea and a slice of toast at home? Or get wasted at t'Rovers -- cut back on the booze.

Some characters say they have no time for breakfast, they'll pick something up at Roy's.......why? Why wait in line for a bacon sandwich when you can do it at home in less time.

Sure it helps the local business, but don't moan if you can't pay your bills or have nothing left to eat for dinner. The cafe is just a place for character interaction these days, nothing more nothing less.
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    Did i hear correctly, the gym is open on Wednesday?
    Jason is seemingly one guy who can do all the gym stuff in less than 3 weeks?
    Wouldnt they need checks and people make sure everything is safe and fully working.
    Safety checks, yep. Not SOR that the gym is opening this week -- mostly interior work, but Jase must be working like a dog. Rushed off his feet............not.

Stella's exit, what's that all about? Ticks the usual soap exit. Very rushed, very all-of-a-sudden, friend that we haven't heard of, in the furthest place away from the setting that you can think of. Does she have a visa.........no of course not.

Tina went into the relationship with Peter all understanding, now she's become needy and demanding. The old Tina would never have commited adultery. "It's my turn", who writes this crap? Who even says something like that?
  • Options
    biggeralbiggeral Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does she have a visa.........no of course not.

You don't need a Visa for entry to the USA if you have no criminal record - any UK citizen can apply for a Visa waiver (ESTA) on-line and it comes through in minutes.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Peter said to Carla he'd be (back) in a jiffy ... pity he didn't think of that earlier ;-):D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE6SqUlINt0
  • Options
    mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Phelan business ids really getting up my nose.

For goodness sake, why doesn't Owen, Gary or even Anna, threaten to tell Phelan's wife about him coming on to Anna. That should halt him. His wife is already suspicious after going in the caff to see Anna.
    I'm not liking this story line at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well what happened to Dougie then... I know he fell off the landing coz cheap skate Steve had used inferior spindles on the balustrade but I thought they got rid of the body... ??
    I seem to recall he got a funeral, but I'm not sure if they had it on-screen or not. I do remember though that after Hillman tried to drive the Platts to Ireland without bothering with a ferry that the police dug up the site and found his ex-wife's body, so if Dougie was down there they would have found him too wouldn't they?
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to recall he got a funeral, but I'm not sure if they had it on-screen or not. I do remember though that after Hillman tried to drive the Platts to Ireland without bothering with a ferry that the police dug up the site and found his ex-wife's body, so if Dougie was down there they would have found him too wouldn't they?

Apparently ...

"At the end of 2001 he went into partnership with Richard Hillman, converting an old house - 'Oakhill' into luxury flats. Duggie was determined to cut corners, preferably without Richard's knowledge. But Richard suspected this, and one night confronted Duggie at the development. Hoist by his own petard, Duggie leant over a bannister which collapsed, and he plunged two floors. The fall didn't kill him outright, but Richard chose to rifle through Duggie's pockets, take his keys and raid his safe, taking the cash from the sale of the Rovers, rather than summon help. Duggie was later found to have crawled to another room and died."
  • Options
    kevthelutonbeekevthelutonbee Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope Stella has applied for an ESTA and received the appropriate clearance
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope Stella has applied for an ESTA and received the appropriate clearance
    St. Stella is like the Queen. She needs no ESTA.
  • Options
    cedricthedogcedricthedog Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITina went into the relationship with Peter all understanding, now she's become needy and demanding. The old Tina would never have commited adultery. "It's my turn", who writes this crap? Who even says something like that?

Agreed - Tina is lambasting Pe-uh like an old fishwife who's been married to him for 60 years, not someone who is enjoying the first flush of love!

BTW, an SOR that we pointed out last night was Pe-uh keeping his phone on all the time. He'd surely have turned it off, or at least put it on silent! I also seem to recall that on the one time it rang and Carla looked at it, it was Sally - phew what a stroke of luck! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    FionnBFionnB Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    Agreed - Tina is lambasting Pe-uh like an old fishwife who's been married to him for 60 years, not someone who is enjoying the first flush of love!

BTW, an SOR that we pointed out last night was Pe-uh keeping his phone on all the time. He'd surely have turned it off, or at least put it on silent! I also seem to recall that on the one time it rang and Carla looked at it, it was Sally - phew what a stroke of luck! :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same! Why doesn't he put Tina's number under a different name on his phone so it would show up as 'Alan' for example when she rings. As that's who he was using as his alibi anyway.

Is Tina really deluded enough to think that Peter would give up a successful business woman who has provided him with a job? They don't even have anything in common and when they were in the hotel bar last week they had nothing to talk about.
  • Options
    coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The strangest SOR is how they've managed to raise Sid James from the dead and bring him back as Kevin. I keep having to check my telly mag to see if they've re-scheduled Corrie with a Carry On film.
    Moving on from Sid, Satan's spawn Si makes me gnash my teeth with rage! He always bags the lead role in school shows, even going as far as donning full drag to ensure he lands the part of Sleeping Beauty in their next production. Ridiculous!
    What that young whipper snapper needs is a sharp crack round the back of his legs. Or, a blow-torch trained between his eyes - that'd teach him some much-needed manners! When my children were toddlers, I had them embroider barbed wire, onto binka, the phrase, 'Children should be seen and not heard.' They'd glance at their work fearfully as I read them tracts from the Bible on cold nights. Believe you me, they never dared to put a toe out of place.
    I'm going to e-mail Corrie and suggest they give me a part in the show as Simon's nanny. I'll start his new training regime by making him knock back copious amounts of boiled nettle water - bloody orange juice indeed! He'll be demanding a Buck's Fiz next if someone doesn't control the little sod!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When my children were toddlers, I had them embroider barbed wire, onto binka, the phrase, 'Children should be seen and not heard.' They'd glance at their work fearfully as I read them tracts from the Bible on cold nights. Believe you me, they never dared to put a toe out of place.

You are so right. There is no discipline these days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The strangest SOR is how they've managed to raise Sid James from the dead and bring him back as Kevin. I keep having to check my telly mag to see if they've re-scheduled Corrie with a Carry On film.
    Moving on from Sid, Satan's spawn Si makes me gnash my teeth with rage! He always bags the lead role in school shows, even going as far as donning full drag to ensure he lands the part of Sleeping Beauty in their next production. Ridiculous!
    What that young whipper snapper needs is a sharp crack round the back of his legs. Or, a blow-torch trained between his eyes - that'd teach him some much-needed manners! When my children were toddlers, I had them embroider barbed wire, onto binka, the phrase, 'Children should be seen and not heard.' They'd glance at their work fearfully as I read them tracts from the Bible on cold nights. Believe you me, they never dared to put a toe out of place.
    I'm going to e-mail Corrie and suggest they give me a part in the show as Simon's nanny. I'll start his new training regime by making him knock back copious amounts of boiled nettle water - bloody orange juice indeed! He'll be demanding a Buck's Fiz next if someone doesn't control the little sod!

Mary...

Is that you... ;-)
This discussion has been closed.