Options

Changing from Sky to Virgin

KojackKojack Posts: 1,178
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi
We are moving to a new house which has virgin so I rang virgin to see what & how many boxes I could have, I have been told I can only have 1 recordable box but I could add other boxes which where not recordable for £6 a month :o is this right, with Sky I am use to having 2 boxes that both record 1x500mb & 1x 1TB.
This would be disappointing seeing as our new house has 2 living/sitting rooms.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
Cheers

Comments

• Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Kojack wrote: »
    Hi
    We are moving to a new house which has virgin so I rang virgin to see what & how many boxes I could have, I have been told I can only have 1 recordable box but I could add other boxes which where not recordable for £6 a month :o is this right, with Sky I am use to having 2 boxes that both record 1x500mb & 1x 1TB.

Cheers

depends on what package you sign up for but you can definitely get 2 boxes
  • Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member
    Hi

Cheers

No, that is not right, you can have up to three or four TiVos in one house,
    the monthly price for each additional one is £11.50 a month, I think

Check the Virgin website for full details www.virginmedia.com
  • Options
    KojackKojack Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, that is not right, you can have up to three or four TiVos in one house,
    the monthly price for each additional one is £11.50 a month, I think

Check the Virgin website for full details www.virginmedia.com

Ok cheers the lady quoted me just £6 per extra box but said it didnt record and I couldnt have a second recordable box but ill look again and ring again.
    Cheers thanks.
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok cheers the lady quoted me just £6 per extra box but said it didnt record and I couldnt have a second recordable box but ill look again and ring again.
    Cheers thanks.

You can, it's just there's an additional cost for the recordable boxes;

£6. Multiroom. Non Recordable.
    £11.50 Multiroom. Recordable Tivo