Starting to think Ronnie killed Lucy...

StubeStube Posts: 16,831
Forum Member
✭✭
Just a few things that have come to mind which makes me wonder whether Ronnie is the one who killed Lucy.

1. DTC said that Ronnie was to become a more villainous character yet she hasn't done anything that warrants that label (killing Carl doesn't make her a villain). Maybe she has already done something terrible but for obvious reasons it hasn't come to light yet.

2. As soon as the news about the Lucy storyline broke, everyone immediately wrote off Stacey and Ronnie as possible suspects because they were both taking time out filming other projects this year. A great method of trying to deflect attention away from the real culprit in a mystery storyline is by having them off-screen for a lot of the aftermath. Ronnie isn't really on anyone's radar at the moment.

3. Having someone like Abi murder Lucy would be completely ridiculous and out of character. Whether or not the killing was calculated or an accident, Lucy's body was moved so the killer has to be someone who doesn't have that much of a conscience - Ronnie. She's killed Carl and then there was the baby swap saga. She's a psychopath and a sociopath. Her killing Lucy isn't ridiculous by any means.

4. Lucy could quite easily remind Ronnie of Danielle. They looked very alike and if Ronnie was to be the one identified as Lucy's killer, it would be very poignant for that reason.

But then there's also various reasons for many characters on the square so... :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    I like the idea of her being the killer. DTCs comments would make sense then too I agree. The Danielle ideas good too. Maybe it's something to do with drugs, perhaps Lucy was getting her drugs of Ronnie and Charlie as someone has suggested on these forums. I think it would make sense for a Mitchell to be the killer given the history between phil and ian.
  • james_killroyjames_killroy Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ronnie isn't the killer for the very reason that DTC said she was to become a villain. He could have as good as admitted it. If he didn't want people to guess it was her then he wouldn't have made those remarks.

The cynic in me would say his comments were a distraction just to make people think it might be Ronnie when its someone else.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    She already has one calculated, cold blooded, bloody, brutal, violent, psychopathic murder under her belt. Add to that the fact that she is a mentally disturbed child kidnapper who should be locked up with the key thrown away and you have yourself a prime suspect. Regarding alibis, I can confirm that I was most certainly NOT having sex with her at the time of the murder so if she tries to pull that one, she's lying. Thanks.
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    She already has one calculated, cold blooded, bloody, brutal, violent, psychopathic murder under her belt. Add to that the fact that she is a mentally disturbed child kidnapper who should be locked up with the key thrown away and you have yourself a prime suspect. Regarding alibis, I can confirm that I was most certainly NOT having sex with her at the time of the murder so if she tries to pull that one, she's lying. Thanks.

Carl's murder wasn't calculated. He forced himself upon her and turned around for a second, if she hadn't killed him he would probably have raped her. It was self defence.
    Forum Member
    Carl's murder wasn't calculated. He forced himself upon her and turned around for a second, if she hadn't killed him he would probably have raped her. It was self defence.

Oh, okay.
  • walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member
    It's very possible that Lucy knew Ronnie killed Carl- who just so happened to be a cocaine dealer. There's even a chance she could have been killed during the house party with everyone downstairs. It would all make sense, considering Ronnie's obsession with Lola was present that week- but I don't think it will be the eventual outcome.
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the idea of Ronnie being Lucy's killer because it ties the Lucy and Carl storylines together and brings the Carl storyline to the forefront again. Also as the OP said, it ties in with Ronnie being more villainous.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the Ronnie theory and I want her to be a proper doolally, hard as nails, nutcase villain. She was so boring when she was sniveling over Jack and babies but as a cold as ice fruit loop she's on the verge of greatness.
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    I love the Ronnie theory and I want her to be a proper doolally, hard as nails, nutcase villain. She was so boring when she was sniveling over Jack and babies but as a cold as ice fruit loop she's on the verge of greatness.

Quality analysis.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quality analysis.

Thank you Mr Mouse. I feel I have been touched by the paw of forum royalty. :D
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wasnt Ronnie at the hospital with Lola after running her over the night Lucy died? or have I got my dates muddled......
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    It wouldn't surprise me if Lucy was actually killed in the boxing gym and her body then dumped on the common. I mean, nobody would even bat an eye at a spec of blood in a boxing gym, would they?
  • -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Me thinks Aleks is involved some how and Honey may find some evidence on the laptop he gave her
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe so many have fallen for it. Like I said. If Ronnie was the killer DTC would never have said ''we are making Ronnie a villain, oh btw someone is going to murder Lucy' lol

Think about it.
    Forum Member
    Can't believe so many have fallen for it. Like I said. If Ronnie was the killer DTC would never have said ''we are making Ronnie a villain, oh btw someone is going to murder Lucy' lol

Think about it.

I just believe she's the only character who would be cold enough to dump Lucy's body after killing her. Anyone else would have surely cracked up with guilt by now.

It helps that we've barely seen Ronnie at all in the aftermath - out of sight, out of mind. There's too much that could easily link up between Lucy's murder and Carl's for me. The drugs were a big factor in why Ronnie wanted Roxy to stay the hell away from Carl. Then there was all the phone business with Phil. She basically planted evidence in Phil's possession and done a runner. Flash forward about 6 months later and she's left a gun in the very same place for Phil to sort out. A gun that only Sharon and Linda know of its whereabouts right now. I would suspect that gun was very much a big part of Lucy's death and Ronnie's tried to disassociate herself with it. Just like she's tried to disassociate herself from her partner-in-crime Charlie - but that would be harder to do now she's pregnant with his child...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just believe she's the only character who would be cold enough to dump Lucy's body after killing her. Anyone else would have surely cracked up with guilt by now.

It helps that we've barely seen Ronnie at all in the aftermath - out of sight, out of mind. There's too much that could easily link up between Lucy's murder and Carl's for me. The drugs were a big factor in why Ronnie wanted Roxy to stay the hell away from Carl. Then there was all the phone business with Phil. She basically planted evidence in Phil's possession and done a runner. Flash forward about 6 months later and she's left a gun in the very same place for Phil to sort out. A gun that only Sharon and Linda know of its whereabouts right now. I would suspect that gun was very much a big part of Lucy's death and Ronnie's tried to disassociate herself with it. Just like she's tried to disassociate herself from her partner-in-crime Charlie - but that would be harder to do now she's pregnant with his child...

I would agree with this, except about the gun being involved in Lucy's death - Lucy died of a head injury. She wasn't shot. Still, if it's Ronnie, it would tie the Lucy and Carl storylines together nicely - the Carl killing seems abandoned otherwise.
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    There has to be a reason why Ronnie left the phone at Phil's, why she left the gun there and why Sharon now has it and why Phil (and Sharon) are so involved in the aftermath of Lucy's death. Also why nothing has been said about Carl for months, the Whites aren't the type of family that would be put off by Ronnie or her getting someone to beat Adam up, they wouldn't just let her get away with killing Carl. Ronnie is no gangster but she is a murderer, she didn't kill Carl in self-defence she lured him there with the intention of doing something more than just warning him off.

I would agree with this, except about the gun being involved in Lucy's death - Lucy died of a head injury. She wasn't shot. Still, if it's Ronnie, it would tie the Lucy and Carl storylines together nicely - the Carl killing seems abandoned otherwise.

You don't have to shoot someone to kill them with a gun. She could have been hit over the head with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elliecat wrote: »
    There has to be a reason why Ronnie left the phone at Phil's, why she left the gun there and why Sharon now has it and why Phil (and Sharon) are so involved in the aftermath of Lucy's death. Also why nothing has been said about Carl for months, the Whites aren't the type of family that would be put off by Ronnie or her getting someone to beat Adam up, they wouldn't just let her get away with killing Carl. Ronnie is no gangster but she is a murderer, she didn't kill Carl in self-defence she lured him there with the intention of doing something more than just warning him off.

You don't have to shoot someone to kill them with a gun. She could have been hit over the head with it.

That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that.

Killing Carl was self defence though. He was the one who lured her to the Arches by pretending he kidnapped Roxy and Amy. Then he tried to force himself on her so she slammed the car boot on him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Carls murder wasnt calculated at all, she went to the Arches because he told her he had Amy and Roxi, it was self defence IMO and she was ill at the time she took Kat and Alfies baby

I would be very surprised if Ronnie turned out to be Lucys killer
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Brilliant post.

I think everything would make so much sense if Ronnie was the killer - DTC did actually say "it would all make sense" when the killer is revealed.

Although I'm slightly worried about what this would mean for her future if she is the killer. She would surely have to leave otherwise the storyline wouldn't be tied up properly. Plus she wouldn't be able to live on the square ever again. Unless she doesn't get caught and she is only found out once Sam Womack chooses to leave.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posts in here just highlight people are imagining stuff that has never happened. Two people seem to think Ronnie lured Carl to his death. This didn't happen while people are still trying to suggest Ronnie killed Lucy with Charlie's help despite it being blatantly clear they hadn't spoken to each other since the night of the house warming which by coincidence is the night Ronnie conceived his baby and when they did talk neither seemed concerned about anything other than Ronnie wondering whether to tell Charlie she was pregnant or not. Hardly the actions of two people who committed murder.

Further more to this. The only reason Sam Womack has been off screen is because she had to go film Mount Pleasant. It wasn't storyline related.

But anyway. The reason that Ronnie is pregnant with Charlie's baby and the reason they slept together on Good Friday is because at some point she will have to give him an alibi as he will become a suspect or vice versa. ;-) anyone who becomes a suspect before Feb is not the killer. That is the relevance of their scene in the episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Posts in here just highlight people are imagining stuff that has never happened. Two people seem to think Ronnie lured Carl to his death. This didn't happen while people are still trying to suggest Ronnie killed Lucy with Charlie's help despite it being blatantly clear they hadn't spoken to each other since the night of the house warming which by coincidence is the night Ronnie conceived his baby and when they did talk neither seemed concerned about anything other than Ronnie wondering whether to tell Charlie she was pregnant or not. Hardly the actions of two people who committed murder.

Further more to this. The only reason Sam Womack has been off screen is because she had to go film Mount Pleasant. It wasn't storyline related.

But anyway. The reason that Ronnie is pregnant with Charlie's baby and the reason they slept together on Good Friday is because at some point she will have to give him an alibi as he will become a suspect or vice versa. ;-) anyone who becomes a suspect before Feb is not the killer. That is the relevance of their scene in the episode.

Im totally with you on this :) Ronnie is no more Lucys killer than Lady Di is :D
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But anyway. The reason that Ronnie is pregnant with Charlie's baby and the reason they slept together on Good Friday is because at some point she will have to give him an alibi as he will become a suspect or vice versa. ;-) anyone who becomes a suspect before Feb is not the killer. That is the relevance of their scene in the episode
    I've said this many times and I think its spot on but I have a feeling it will be Ronnie arrested and Charlie having to come forward to say she was with him leading Ronnie to reveal she is having his child.
    Forum Member
    Well I think Ronnie's character has already been given a limited shelf life after murdering Carl. The writers have never allowed a character who has committed murder to get away with it, scot free. They've always had to pay for it.

Phil, Sharon and Roxy have all lied and kept quiet to protect Ronnie's secret that she's killed Carl. Imagine the fallout it would have for them if Ronnie did turn out to be Lucy's killer - they'd feel very guilty that their keeping quiet would have essentially allowed Ronnie to kill again.

I think Charlie Cotton is also her partner-in-crime and they dumped Lucy's body together. As we know, his introduction to Walford is very shady and Nick's ''death'' is yet another secret ready to be exposed - but I'm going to predict that Ronnie is also part of this plan too. If she's responsible for Lucy's murder then surely she's in on the Nick story too - it surely isn't a coincidence that in Charlie's first scene on the show, the one where Dot is informed that Nick is dead, that Ronnie just so happened to be visiting her.

This story is going to culminate for the show's big 30th next February. This Ronnie theory would connect the remaining EE vets Ian, Sharon, Dot and Phil in a storyline that has elements the show made its name for - gritty aspects including murder, prostitution, drugs etc. But they're telling it in a way that show's EE's strength - every successful storyline over the past 30 years has been the result of lies and secrets and this one is no different.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Batman- wrote: »
    Me thinks Aleks is involved some how and Honey may find some evidence on the laptop he gave her

I think Aleks is the dealer