Xbox One Community chat

Comments

• He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    It will be interesting to see what kind of PC one would need to run the game at high end settings. The game looks stunning on the Xbox one and i still think it's the best looking next gen game to date on any console.

Hopefully it sells well, because i'd love for there to be a Ryse 2.

Iv'e always thought that Ryse was a good game that was very near being a brilliant game. All it needs is a variety of weapons (axes, duel swords, maces, spears etc) and a more complex Gladiator/Multiplayer mode ( 4 player co-op, chariots, survival modes etc ). A sequel has the potential to be a Masterpiece.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought it when it had a 30% (?) discount a while ago.

Enjoyed it much more than I expected.

The gameplay did get repetitive, but was broken up quite well by the cutscenes and story.
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    I expect Rise will be on games with gold at some point so I will wait for that.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I hated Ryse :blush: I have tried So hard to play it, but I just find it so boring. It does look very pretty though.

The new Tomb Raider game will be getting a collectors edition for PS4 and PC, but Xbox One will miss out :-/! Seems the same is happening with WWE 2K15, with DS reporting that it is a PS4 exclusive in the UK.

edit: Nevermind. Game added 2K15 preorders this morning: http://www.game.co.uk/en/wwe-2k15-hulkamania-edition-only-at-game-304960?catGroupId=
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Hopefully it sells well, because i'd love for there to be a Ryse 2. .

When recently asked about Ryse 2, Crytek boss Cevat Yerli said "We are not 100 per cent happy with Xbox One sales right now. So we want to wait till the current gen and next gen catches up".

He also said "We can do whatever we want with it with whoever we want," suggesting it may come to other platforms too.

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/ryse/news/crytek_not_100_happy_with_xbox_one_sales_wont_develop_ryse_2_until_next-gen_sales_improve.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC have confirmed iPlayer will be coming to Xbox One by the end of the year.
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,455
    Forum Member
    BBC have confirmed iPlayer will be coming to Xbox One by the end of the year.

"end of the year" I remember when that was said about the ITV Player app for the Xbox 360 and that was what 2012(?) :D
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    When recently asked about Ryse 2, Crytek boss Cevat Yerli said "We are not 100 per cent happy with Xbox One sales right now. So we want to wait till the current gen and next gen catches up".

He also said "We can do whatever we want with it with whoever we want," suggesting it may come to other platforms too.

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/ryse/news/crytek_not_100_happy_with_xbox_one_sales_wont_develop_ryse_2_until_next-gen_sales_improve.html

It won't even get made unless Microsoft fund it. That's the only thing that made the original what it was and no other company would get behind it in the same way. I reallly do hope we get to see a sequel at some point though, there is so much potential for it to become Uncharted-with-swords, hell it's already there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It won't even get made unless Microsoft fund it. That's the only thing that made the original what it was and no other company would get behind it in the same way. I reallly do hope we get to see a sequel at some point though, there is so much potential for it to become Uncharted-with-swords, hell it's already there.

Rumour has it, MS were willing to fund it but part of the deal would see them take control of the IP, which Crytek weren't willing to give up. I guess that means Crytek now have to either wait until the Xbox One userbase increases, or go multi-platform to ensure enough sales to pay for it themselves.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    I don't care if Ryse 2 is Multi-platform. If it has to go multiplat for it to release then so be it, i just want it to happen, i'd be ecstatic if they announcedit ,even if it was for every available platform. I'm a fan of gaming and i don't care what a games company does to make games happen.

.......and, for what it's worth Crytek themselves have denied that any disagreement over ownership has ever taken place with Microsoft.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Me too, multiplat or not, it makes no difference. As one of the gamers who really enjoyed it despite the many cowardly reviews, I want to see a sequel to Ryse happen!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edit: Nevermind! :o!
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I notice that contrast is on the marketplace for £12, looks interesting but will wait for some reviews before deciding to buy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever happened to D4? We heard about it E3 2013, and then not since? It seemed to be quite far along in development at the time and it had a pretty long playthrough available.

Wonder if it's because they're optimising it for people who don't have Kinect?
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,390
    Forum Member
    Looks like XB1 may be getting full 24hr game trials in a future update:
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/21/free-game-trials-may-be-coming-to-xbox-one

There was something similar on PS3 where you could download the full game & play it for an hour or something. Was a feature I made use of a few times by trialing games, Liking them & going on to buy them.
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/seagate-stbv4000200-expansion-4tb-usb-3-0-3-5-inch-external-hard-drive-89-99-amazon-1982245

4tb usb hard drive for £90:D About time. I have been waiting forever to upgrade my pc from 2tb to 4tb but was waiting for them to hit sub £100. I have ordered 2. Should be more than enough for X1 lifespan as well.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should try this myself but everything is off for the night now, if the X1 is set to instant-on, can you switch off mid-game, then resume where you left off without any loading...?
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should try this myself but everything is off for the night now, if the X1 is set to instant-on, can you switch off mid-game, then resume where you left off without any loading...?

Yes. One of the big features I love about the X1.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GWG for September

X1 - Super Time Force (& Crimson Dragon continues)

360 - Halo Reach & Monaco: What's Yours is Mine
  • NewGamesOfTodayNewGamesOfToday Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    GWG for September

X1 - Super Time Force (& Crimson Dragon continues)

360 - Halo Reach & Monaco: What's Yours is Mine

Very poor for XB1
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very poor for XB1

Yup, but I guess they can't really offer us too much.

Hopefully we will see the likes of Ryse in the next month or so. I suspect MS may be saving a few big games in the run up to Christmas as part of a PR campaign.
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Yup, but I guess they can't really offer us too much.

Hopefully we will see the likes of Ryse in the next month or so. I suspect MS may be saving a few big games in the run up to Christmas as part of a PR campaign.

I hope they are saving something special to release against Driveclub.
  • NewGamesOfTodayNewGamesOfToday Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Stick it To The Man is now in the Xbox Store, anyone played this and is it any good? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very disappointing from both Sony and MS this month. Meh. 2nd month in a row I'm not remotely interested in any of their offerings.