Options

Kate Ford signs new Corrie contract until AT LEAST 2012!

princesarock12princesarock12 Posts: 1,594
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a303482/kate-ford-signs-new-corrie-contract.html

Coronation Street star Kate Ford has reportedly signed a new contract to stay with the soap.

The actress, who plays Tracy Barlow, has agreed a six-month deal worth £80,000, committing her to the show until at least 2012, The People reports.

Ford had previously decided to leave at the end of her current contract in May because commuting to Manchester from her London home meant she missed her son, Otis. However, show bosses have now persuaded her to change her mind.

A source said: "Viewers have loved having Tracy back. We're delighted she's signed a new contract. She's here for the foreseeable future."

Another added: "She's going to be causing huge trouble for Steve and Becky and there will be run-ins with Liz. Viewers will be screaming at their TVs when they see what she does next. The bitch is well and truly back."

I predict a lot of trouble!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,820
    Forum Member
    *climbs behind sofa and hides*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay :D can't believe she was gonna leave after just 5 months :eek: :mad:
  • Options
    maxsimaxsi Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and it suggests Liz will be back
  • Options
    IdacyderIdacyder Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noooooooooooooo ......:mad:

Well, if this is the case, they`d better get some new scriptwriters and researchers in, because the current lot have lost the character all credibility. No one, not even her parents, would allow her to get away with her vileness in real life. Yes, I know its a soap, but there`s a point beyond which it just becomes a joke and a kid`s horror story.
  • Options
    IdacyderIdacyder Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do hope Liz is returning.
  • Options
    Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why???????
  • Options
    mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They obviously took no notice of this
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1414800&highlight=poll
    with quotes like " "Viewers have loved having Tracy back. We're delighted she's signed a new contract"
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another added: "She's going to be causing huge trouble for Steve and Becky and there will be run-ins with Liz. Viewers will be screaming at their TVs when they see what she does next. The bitch is well and truly back."

Wow, she is going to cause trouble for Steve and Becky? Never saw that coming, not like that hasn't been done before :rolleyes:

Seriously though, Eddie gets axed, yet Tracy gets given a new contract. I don't mind Kate Ford, but all this causing trouble for Steve is getting extremly boring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mac2708 wrote: »
    They obviously took no notice of this
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1414800&highlight=poll
    with quotes like " "Viewers have loved having Tracy back. We're delighted she's signed a new contract"

And it also doesn't make sense because Kate said she was leaving after five months because she missed her son so much (everyone suspected she felt "bullied" out by viewers). Was this just a red herring/lie to make people feel bad/think she was leaving?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes callumfreeman I want her back to the old Tracy! Let's not make this all about Steve + Becky!
  • Options
    Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, she is going to cause trouble for Steve and Becky? Never saw that coming, not like that hasn't been done before :rolleyes:

Seriously though, Eddie gets axed, yet Tracy gets given a new contract. I don't mind Kate Ford, but all this causing trouble for Steve is getting extremly boring.

I know. It's nothing new. Tracy did all this with stuff Karen years ago:sleep:
  • Options
    poshbakerlooposhbakerloo Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    Idacyder wrote: »
    I do hope Liz is returning.

I love Liz! I'm also glad Tracy is staying! I HATE her character!!! but thats why I want her to stay, more fun and drama! lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viewers haven't loved seeing her back according to online polls - and I'm not just talking about the ones conducted on this site!

I'm so disappointed & angry with the producers of Coronation Street for this!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YAY!

:D:D:D

*does the Unpopular Opinion Dance*

Sorry, but I like Tracy a lot (when she's written with more than 1 dimension like she used to be) and don't think Kate Ford's acting is anything to sniff at when compared with the favourites of these forums like Sophie and Peter!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Amy could run off and cause Tracy's mother insticts to kick in and when they find her she could be like "I don't like all this fighting!" And then everything will change??:D

I like the way Amy's lasted so long in CS. EE and CS are good at rearing soap kids into characters! (EE Peter, Lucy Janine. CS Rosie, Sophie, David, Tracy herself etc) So it'll be nice if they keep her in and she goes into a teenager on-screen and then gets her own storylines :D!
  • Options
    _Venger__Venger_ Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lovinluka wrote: »
    Sorry, but I like Tracy a lot (when she's written with more than 1 dimension like she used to be) and don't think Kate Ford's acting is anything to sniff at when compared with the favourites of these forums like Sophie and Peter!

Ditto

I am very happy with good writing (more Barlow family scenes) Tracy will fit in just fine.
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People will be screaming at their TV's alright, but it will be down to the ridiculousness of the character and the odd acting which she has returned with.

However the scenes with Peter gave me a glimmer of hope, maybe she is not a cartoon baddie after all, maybe there is more scope
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Viewers have loved having Tracy back." has to be quote of the month.:D Where do they get this crap from?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    "Viewers have loved having Tracy back." has to be quote of the month.:D Where do they get this crap from?

The bloke in charge most probably, believes his own hype and decisions
  • Options
    GoldeyfishGoldeyfish Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ok i predict that we'll have speculation she's leaving every six months for the next 2 or 3 years that she's on the show
    as i said in another thread the actress has never been on a contract longer than six months...
    and in her last stint her leaving was always a source of speculation..
    and being realistic in her three and a half years off..i didn't see her in any other roles
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »

At the very least they could have put "Despite mixed reactions..." (that would STILL be a HUGE understatement) - coming out with total BS is ridiculous! Corrie must have seen how no one likes her..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh God :(. Let's hope she just doesn't buy a house in Manchester........
  • Options
    MODTLMODTL Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please remember folks that the press reported Craig Gazey had signed a new contract after he'd been persuaded to stay .... that proved to be completely wrong. Until it's reported on ITV.com don't believe everything you read when it comes to contracts.

I'll be fairly pleased if she stays, always found her very easy on the eye and this last week her acting ability has got much better.
  • Options
    lozzerbozzerlozzerbozzer Posts: 5,026
    Forum Member
    Noooooooo!! :mad::mad:
    Please no, i was convinced she was only staying till her 6 month contract was up.
    This has put a right downer on my Sunday :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MODTL wrote: »

I'll be fairly pleased if she stays, always found her very easy on the eye and this last week her acting ability has got much better.

Have to agree there. Her acting has improved, but maybe that's down to the storylines, usually it's Tracey against the world, makes a change to see a more human side to her. All this evil Tracey stuff, goes a little over the top.

And yes, she is pretty