Cancelled /Renew Shows & Pick-ups

Comments

• FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chuck typically keeps up with the NBC average for the first 13 episodes anyway. Whether that average is what NBC should be aiming for is a good question, but perhaps WB offered the show at a reduced fee. Perhaps they can stick it on Fridays.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they might have to consider ending it after 5 seasons though because unless they can pull something out of the bag i can see the plots becoming a bit stretched. Unless Volkoff escapes from prison and kills one of the cast regulars (who couldn't come to terms on the number of episodes to appear in :)) then I can't see where they can really take the story.
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Come on V, you better be renewed!
  • thelostonethelostone Posts: 2,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paparazzo wrote: »

I hope it is.
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    On the Pick-Up side of the fence, NBC has greenlit a series adaptation of Prime Suspect with Mario Bello in the Helen Mirren role, a couple of sitcoms (one starring Christina Applegate) and a Steven Spielberg produced "musical drama" starring Debra Messing and Anjelica Huston.

Presuming the latter is a "let's put on a show" Glee-a-like feelgood, rather than a Pennies From Heaven, Cop Rock or Viva Laughlin 'high concept' show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Even though i liked it initially, that last episode really sucked, no reason to kill off
    Ryan and the main characters kid

Any news on Nikitas renewal yet?
  • FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parenthood has reportedly been renewed, as expected, and it's suggested that NBC has actually passed on Wonder Woman.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/05/12/harrys-law-parenthood-renewed-by-nbc-wonder-woman-apparently-nixed/92429/

Three pickups in Awake, The Playboy Club, and Grimm.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/05/12/three-more-nbc-show-pickups-awake-the-playboy-club/92415/
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even though i liked it initially, that last episode really sucked, no reason to kill off
    Ryan and the main characters kid

Any news on Nikitas renewal yet?

Oh there were SO many reasons to kill
    Tyler
  • rivetheadrivethead Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I fear for CSI:NY :cry: It's my favourite one! I like Hawaii Five-0 too, looks like it's gonna be fine. Like some of you, was pleasantly surprised about Chuck, good news :D Now to see what happens to V!
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nope it's been cancelled :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    Nope it's been cancelled :(

Do you have a link?
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    yep this a lot of axed programs

V
    No Ordinary Family,
    Off the Map,
    Detroit 187 and Mr. Sunshine.
    Brothers & Sisters
    the event
    law and and order LA
    Dam will miss V so much :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Cant believe V, no ordinary family and brothers and sisters cancelled!!! Wasnt too fussed with The Event getting cancelled

Going to have nothing to watch soon:mad:
    Forum Member
    13lives wrote: »
    Cant believe V, no ordinary family and brothers and sisters cancelled!!! Wasnt too fussed with The Event getting cancelled

Going to have nothing to watch soon:mad:

Oh and Wonder Woman didnt get picked up either Grrr
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Goodbye V, the only program I have enjoyed properly in a while... :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So far shows gone I like are

V
    No Ordinary Family,
    the event
    Lie To Me
    Human Target
    The Chicago Code
    SGU
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    thelostone wrote: »
    So show gone I like are

V
    No Ordinary Family,
    the event
    Lie To Me
    'Human Target,'
    'The Chicago Code
    SGU

and Off the Map,
    Detroit 187 and Mr. Sunshine.
    Brothers & Sisters
    law and and order LA

Oh sorry I missed the bit '' i liked ''
  • joebloggs90joebloggs90 Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So far shows gone I like are

V
    No Ordinary Family,
    the event
    Lie To Me
    Human Target
    The Chicago Code
    SGU

Me too, along with B&S and Better With You :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm torn about V getting axed. On the one hand, it was a terribly disappointing series creatively and its cancellation leaves room for ABC to potentially show something else that is more compelling. On the other hand, it was getting better and was the only alien invasion series on US network TV (I think) and will be missed as a consequence.
  • wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame about Brothers & Sisters :(, but glad Happy Endings has been renewed, it's a pleasant enough show, and I think it has potential.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too, along with B&S and Better With You :(

Never watched Brothers & Sisters or Better With You,do not know anything about them,
    Forum Member
    Never watched Brothers & Sisters or Better With You,do not know anything about them,

Brothers and Sisters was really good - worth a watch
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dsrichard wrote: »
    I'm torn about V getting axed. On the one hand, it was a terribly disappointing series creatively and its cancellation leaves room for ABC to potentially show something else that is more compelling. On the other hand, it was getting better and was the only alien invasion series on US network TV (I think) and will be missed as a consequence.

The Event maybe?
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad about B&S, but I think it was definitely on it's way out. The Event is also no real surprise, even though i've really enjoyed it since it came back.

V has been good as well so a bit sad that's gone and i've enjoyed No Ordinary Family a great deal so that's bloody annoying that's gone. With SGU gone as well i'll have nothing left to watch apart from CSI and The Mentalist at this rate !

Ah well, onwards and upwards and just have to find some new shows now .. maybe i'll try the Chicago Code .. oh wait .. :)