Options

The Dumping Ground - CBBC

Comments

• Options
    thehordeoftravthehordeoftrav Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Liam's story is quite good. Would have preferred if they showed it as a full episode.

I watched a repeat of the latests episodes and I've gone completely of this show. I won't be watching regularly anymore, I'll catch the repeats on the weekends on the holidays.
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Less than 10 mins till episode 4! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a better episode than episode 3. It was a bit obvious that this would be Lily's last central episode and it was quite emotional, but I felt like something was missing from this episode. It felt weird when Carmen didn't say goodbye to Lily, I know it was tough and emotional for her but I was expecting her to run to the car and have a final heart to heart or at least wave her off at the window. I'm a bit disappointed but that's mainly cos I got my hopes up on this week's episode.

It felt a bit underhwelming too, I think it was definitely the right time for Lily to go since she's now settled with a fresh family unit but there wasn't much of a proper farewell or gathering for her which also felt weird, I was hoping to see Steve and Shanay too but as a whole it was decent. I hope next week's episode is better as it's focused on Frank this time. I'm still finding hard to get used to the new house but like I said before, it will take time.

The ending also made me think "Is that it?" It felt quite empty in parts and lacked a lot of content.
  • Options
    thehordeoftravthehordeoftrav Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    I gave it a watch and again it was just awful. The writing was poor but also the direction and the general feel was lacking.

Floss and Moe's are boring characters. In TBR we had a great set of kids who all had interesting stories to them.

I don't like the new series at all.>:(
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thin part of the problem is lack of an interesting 'older' kid chartacter. With Elektra gone and Frank pretty much absent, that running lass just doesn't cut it.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,625
    Forum Member
    I thought we are beginning to see a harder edge to Floss.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sneak peek of Episode 5 ("Finding Frank")

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/clips/p01qffg4

Frank gets the focus this time and it looks better than the previous episode but I hope the pacing is better this time around as it was all over the place during Lily's final episode. As you can see, George Sampson guest stars in this tomorrow.

I also just want to add quickly that Jess has done a great job over the past 5 years as Lily, but her exit felt a bit disjointed.

Here's a bonus scene of last week's episode.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/clips/p01qfhwg

You can also head over to The Dumping Ground page to watch Part 2 of Liam's story.
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I thin part of the problem is lack of an interesting 'older' kid chartacter. With Elektra gone and Frank pretty much absent, that running lass just doesn't cut it.

I think it's also to do with the move from Elm Tree aswell. It still feels sudden and strange which explains why recent episodes have felt disjointed and slightly all over the place. But I think once some time has passed to adjust, it will get better.

It's been quite of a rocky start. Speaking of characters, I quickly grew to like Faith a lot, especially in the previous series. I really enjoyed watching her character develop in episode 6 and the scenes with her brother, Razz and the gang in the final episode was also quite gripping. But ever since the first episode of series 2, we've started seeing less of her again which isn't good since the audience starts to lose interest in the character. I understand that they need to balance the focus out with all the characters, but sometimes it's a bit unbalanced with the focus, fortunately not most of the time though.

Frank gets a central episode tomorrow which involves the YP giving a hand as he is need in help so hopefully this will be an improvement. There were hints that there was definitely something going on with Frank in the first two episodes as he kept visiting frequently, so it seems we will finally get answers tomorrow.

As for Elektra, we never got to really know if she decided to move with her sister or get a flat/house of her own. I'm probably assuming that she decided to move in with Melissa but we'll never know for sure unless she gets a mention which she hasn't so far.

Oh and one more thing. I'm not sure if it's definitely true but I read somewhere that there are already plans for a 3rd series of The Dumping Ground. Don't take my word for it though, I might have to check the source again as it may not be very reliable. The show has potential to go further if given the right material.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time for episode 5! Here we go!
    gomezz wrote: »
    I thought we are beginning to see a harder edge to Floss.

I have to say, she's really grown up a bit in this series. Got more of a backbone this time around, quite quickly and we've seen a lot more of her than Harry recently.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a bit of a anti-climatic ending.

So, what did you guys think on tonight's episode?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I learnt why little girls like to wear long dresses. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I learnt why little girls like to wear long dresses. :)

:D:D:D

What did you think of the episode as a whole?

Also, the head writer has confirmed on twitter that Elektra went to live in with her sister, so my prediction was correct as it was hinted in last year's opening episode. So that pretty much answers another one of our questions now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A better episode. I loved the scene where Mike told Frank off for thinking he didn't care about him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This week's episode was an improvement over the past few episodes.

It was good to see the older YP take more action in finding Frank, although I feel it could have been developed a bit more, specifically in the parts where it was revealed that Frank was living on the streets with Kazima and other homeless people. I think they missed a bit of an opportunity there to build up the tension and watch from a homeless point of view (Ala Curse Of Clyde Langer SJA) but it was still quite hard hitting. I kinda guessed George Sampson would play the bad guy, it was similar to his other character, Kyle Stack from Waterloo Road.

Can't say I was particularly interested in what the little YP got up to but I liked when Harry mentioned Sapphire. :)

Faith, Carmen, Tee and Rick were on top form in this episode! :D As I said before, the ending felt a bit anti-climatic and unfinished. I get the feeling that this isn't the last we'll see of Kazima? It seems that she may be Frank's next possible romance interest after Jade, Frank seems to really care for her which suggests they've been through some tough times during the past two weeks. I still think there's more to see of Kazima but I guess time will tell.

It was a decent episode overall. I look forward to next week's episode as Tyler gets a central episode for this series.
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    A better episode. I loved the scene where Mike told Frank off for thinking he didn't care about him.

Same here, it really hit home and felt nice to watch. I just love how protective and caring Mike is with the kids. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sneak peek of Episode 6! :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/clips/p01r4d7j

Central episode for Tyler! His mum makes an appearance in this one, so this should be interesting! His last central episode had a few mentions of his mother and how she couldn't cope. I look forward to seeing this.

Bonus scene of Episode 5

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/clips/p01r4kq7

You can also catch other bonus scenes and watch Liam's third part of his web story on The Dumping Ground page.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I thought the finding Frank episode was quite good, although I didn't buy George Sampson as the villain, I don't think he looks/seems like a tough guy. The ending felt a bit rushed too so I'm hoping we see Kazima again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 6 starts now! This should be a good one!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what did you guys think of this episode?

I thought it was pretty good, although I feel we could have had a bit more focus on Tyler as Mo got in the way a bit, though it was quite funny seeing everyone react to the locusts. I really liked the scenes with Tyler and his mum, especially in the bathroom. It was really brave of Tyler to step up and do the right thing, you could really see how worried he was for his mum. I also liked how Rick was there for Tyler, he gave him some really good advice. :)

Not sure if it's me but I sometimes I feel the recent episodes end at the most random times which makes it feel kinda out of place. It was quite amusing seeing Carmen chase Mo but it would have felt more fitting for it to end with Tyler saying goodbye to his mum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The young lad playing Tyler did a fine job. It was a good storyline to explore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    I thought it was pretty good, although I feel we could have had a bit more focus on Tyler as Mo got in the way a bit
    Mo and the snake was an analogy for Tyler and his mother. It was important to the story.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mo and the snake was an analogy for Tyler and his mother. It was important to the story.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand that but I just felt like I saw a bit less of Tyler than I should have seen. Still a good episode though.
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The actor who plays Tyler should be very proud of himself for this episode, had wondered if we'd get one as they've touched on his Mum's mental health before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sneak peek of episode 7! (Endurance)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/clips/p01rwx2j

There's a bit of competition going on in The Dumping Ground...

Bonus scene of Episode 6

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/clips/p01rwvwp

You can also watch the fourth part of Liam's story here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/clips/p01rt53m
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news! Seems like there will definitely be a series 3 of The Dumping Ground. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today's episode was okay. There were a few funny moments but it's definitely not one of my favourites though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I could see that ending coming from a mile off.