Bradley Cooper - thoughts

13»

Comments

• Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FirstChibi wrote: »
    Just seems to be another Good Looking Heartthrob Of The Year in bland comedies they churn out.

Try The Place Beyond the Pines, that's certainly not a bland comedy. Neither, in my opinion, is Silver Linings.

And American Hustle won't be either!
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Silver Linings Playbook was the turnaround and The Place Beyond the Pines has just cemented his career going forward I think. His role in TPBTP was the first time I saw him acting any vulnerability which was interesting (in the woods). It was different seeing him break down in a scene. His vulnerability is SLP (amazing film) is different as everything he acted was part of his character but what we saw in TPBTP was excellent as well.

Looking forward to Amercian Hustle....it's out in December in the US isn't it? UK next year then?
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Looking forward to Amercian Hustle....it's out in December in the US isn't it? UK next year then?

No, we're actually getting it before the US - 20th December here, Christmas Day in the US it seems.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw The Words a few weeks ago, he was terrific in that, great film - if you haven't seen it, give it a watch. He's one of those actors that isn't too good-looking that he'll just get the pretty roles.

Looking forward to seeing him with Christian Bale and Amy Adams in American Hustle. Great cast!
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, we're actually getting it before the US - 20th December here, Christmas Day in the US it seems.

Oooh brilliant! Thanks for the info.
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I saw The Words a few weeks ago, he was terrific in that, great film - if you haven't seen it, give it a watch. He's one of those actors that isn't too good-looking that he'll just get the pretty roles.

Looking forward to seeing him with Christian Bale and Amy Adams in American Hustle. Great cast!

I want to see The Words. It's quite expensive on Amazon so I'm waiting for it to go down in price.
  • Options
    emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    The Words is great, but I thought Bradley's acting in it was very poor. Jeremy Irons saves it, and it has a wonderful story and score.

Sadly, I was on the Bradley train for a while, but I've seen a lot of his films now, and he's gone back to being really unlikeable for me.