Options

Once Upon A Time - Season 2 (UK)

Comments

• Options
    Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    catsitter wrote: »
    Neal Cassady?! Seriously? He isn't even a fictional character, but existed in real life, although there was a character based on him in On the Road, but the character had a different name. :confused: And he stole cars, shoplifted, and fenced stolen goods, so this can't just be a coincidental use of his name.

Does this mean that any fictional or real person from any era could turn up now?

Have to say that I always love it when tv shows that are filmed in Vancouver and set somewhere else have a scene actually set in Vancouver, like this episode did.

Before i post this, just want to say its not a spoiler and has nothing to do with the character.

The character based on Neal Cassady in On the Road was called Dean Moriarty, In Lost, Ben Linus had a passport under the name Dean Moriarty as well, and since there are a lot of Lost connections in Once upon A Time, i think you have just pointed out another one.
  • Options
    NatarhiNatarhi Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »
    My Blu-ray set of OUAT 1: Season 1 [for my mum's birthday on the 30th] came this afternoon.

The package box sports one of those holographic front covers, so it goes from both [aforementioned] cover arts - seems to be mainly be locked to the good one, but with the rest annoying bleeding abit in.

The actual Blu-ray case just has the amazing, clean cover art :D

Oh well - I look forward to re-watching it all in due course! :):cool:
    I thought it looked like they were meant to be seen together. :) Glad you're (mostly) happy with it, I hope your mum likes it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Blu-ray set of OUAT 1: Season 1 [for my mum's birthday on the 30th] came this afternoon.

The package box sports one of those holographic front covers, so it goes from both [aforementioned] cover arts - seems to be mainly be locked to the good one, but with the rest annoying bleeding abit in.

The actual Blu-ray case just has the amazing, clean cover art :D

Oh well - I look forward to re-watching it all in due course! :):cool:

Hi is yours the region 2 Blu-Ray?
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode - no wonder Emma became so jaded and cold [in general]! Being stood up by her first love and their unborn child 'abandoned'. :(

And framed to go to prison

I blame Neal!!!
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi is yours the region 2 Blu-Ray?

It was advertised here as being Region A & B [C untested]:
    http://www.bluraysforeveryone.com/store?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=7367&category_id=26

Though I haven't had time to test it, and that'd involve me unwrapping the plastic wrapping anyway [and it's my mum's birthday present for the 30th].

I don't know where on Blu-rays you can see their Region code [if you can]? :confused:

They also have another Season 1 edition and cover I didn't notice last time:
    http://www.bluraysforeveryone.com/store?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=8052&category_id=25
  • Options
    Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone ready for tonights episode?
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since when did Red Riding Hood had the curse of being a werewolf?

Don't remember that in any fairy tale I read.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Turns in to a wolf.....wakes up fully clothed :cry:
  • Options
    StaceySkyStaceySky Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wait a sec.
    I thought Regina was leaving?
    Did I miss something?
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    There was never any mention of her leaving.

Except to vacate the Mayor's office.
  • Options
    StaceySkyStaceySky Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, I thought she was leaving.
    Opps :o
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must admit Lana Parilla plays a hot bad girl.
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »

This was discovered in series 1...... Did you miss it?

They clearly adapt the fairy tales, snow white wasn't a bad a ss in the fairy tale either.

Charming wasn't an adopted/imposter prince.

Rumplestiltskin (sp) wasn't the beast in beauty and the beast.

I could go on....
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't enjoy that episode at all

Filler as far as I'm concerned that sadly wasn't needed

Get back to the issue OUAT - getting Emma and Snow home and stop farting about with episodes that aren't, in my opinion, need

I mean, what did we really learn in that episode? Nothing, apart from in the last 2 seconds of the dream
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »

Since the first season. :)

And seriously, they do nothing but twist the fairy tales, that's the fun of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    Didn't enjoy that episode at all

Filler as far as I'm concerned that sadly wasn't needed

Get back to the issue OUAT - getting Emma and Snow home and stop farting about with episodes that aren't, in my opinion, need

I mean, what did we really learn in that episode? Nothing, apart from in the last 2 seconds of the dream
    I quite enjoyed it, I like getting more backstory on characters we already know.

We also had the hat being destroyed, so we know that David won't be able to open a portal now.
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a great episode. It was good to see more of Red and the fact that they now have a conduit of communication between the worlds with Henry is going to be very interesting. As will the fact they've found fairy dust, now.

I thought the wolf special effects were very well done, too. Game of Thrones should take note :D
  • Options
    ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the problem for me is that I don't care about pretty much any character bar Rumplestiltskin and Belle and little Snow White (her overacting is immense!). Snow (and I mean this with the utmost respect as Ginnifer Goodwin is a great actress) bores me rigid and Charming double that, he just has no personality and seems to think he's on a one man crusade to rescue the town. And the freaking gun holster and making himself Sheriff!! I hate that.

Anyway back to the storyline tonight, it wasn't the greatest but it's interesting to see the backstory and the heritage to Red. It would be nice to see more of Jefferson however unlikely but the series is too slow, they need them back out of the portal so at least Emma can take that gun holster from David!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, finally we found that enchanted area of the mine. :)

Hi ho, hi ho, off to make some fairydust we go! :cool:

Henry can control his dream-self now. Now what for him and Aurora there - and how long will this last for such Sleeping Curse victims?

Ouch. Forced to kill her own mother [on top of the bf]. Poor Red. :(

I wonder if any other Children of the Moon came to Storybrooke with the Curse?

Kickass Granny with the Bow never gets old! :D

For a town of trapped Fairytale residents twice over, they sure have a conveniently consistent mob-mentality, don't they.

Wow. King George is one obsessed, sick man. :eek::mad: Charming should've killed him in the past...
  • Options
    Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed having back story this week. That was an integral part of S1 and we've had little this season apart from Hook & Rumple. I get that S2 is more about moving forward than looking back but great to see more.
  • Options
    cc264cc264 Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    I found out about OUAT last week and have had a TV marathon to catch up - well all 2 seasons :o:D
    Didn't realise that they showed it in the UK! Love the cast and love that they are making a OUAT in Wonderland!
  • Options
    catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why the lifting of the curse means that Ruby turns back into a were-wolf? That guy who said he was a mouse in Fairyland didn't turn back into a mouse? And the dwarves are still human as far as I know, the fairies can't fly, etc. Can someone explain, please? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cc264 wrote: »
    I found out about OUAT last week and have had a TV marathon to catch up - well all 2 seasons :o:D
    Didn't realise that they showed it in the UK! Love the cast and love that they are making a OUAT in Wonderland!

You're aware that this is a UK PACE thread, right...?

I mean, I can infer certain things too, but it seems like you may have some spoilers in that post. :eek:

catsitter wrote: »
    I don't understand why the lifting of the curse means that Ruby turns back into a were-wolf? That guy who said he was a mouse in Fairyland didn't turn back into a mouse? And the dwarves are still human as far as I know, the fairies can't fly, etc. Can someone explain, please? :confused:

Ruby's wolf curse was enacted before The Curse [possibly a genetic magical curse, if her mother of any indication] - the later of which suppressed it and changed all the magical creatures [fairies, animals etc.] into human beings.

Storybrooke, I think, now exists in a bubble [even moreso than before, what with it's residents being unable to leave then either] - magic exists only within, but the atomic make-up of our world still filters through, making use of it unpredictable.

All in all, Regina and Gold's magic seem to be the only ones that [can] work - everyone else is fundamentally human, as of now [I'm guessing Billy / Gus may've turned back into a mouse had they'd returned to the Fairytale World and, well, had he not been murdered...]

That's my rough take on it anyway.
  • Options
    Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red mentioned she hadn't turned in 20+ years and therefore feared correctly that her control over it wouldn't be good.

During the curse she was a human but now it's been broken she's back to being a she-wolf, her true self.

I don't know why this was the case for her and not for others. Perhaps because she was a hybrid to start with whereas others have been changed from one to the other (fairy and mouse to human)
  • Options
    cc264cc264 Posts: 288
    Forum Member

You're aware that this is a UK PACE thread, right...?

I mean, I can infer certain things too, but it seems like you may have some spoilers in that post. :eek:

But doesn't everyone know
    that there is a spin off series? Once upon a time in Wonderland? ;)