Hungry Like The (BAD) Wolf?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
Forum Member
I don't know weather I'm thinking to much into it but has 'Hungry Like The Wolf' got anything to do with Bad Wolf? Seemed an odd song choice and could Clara be involved with Bad Wolf in anyway?

Comments

• amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    LOL! I made a bet to myself that the crazy pattern-seeking conspiracy theorists on here would single that song choice out for scrutiny! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    My thinking as well about wolf, Clara could be rose and 10's daughter
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's exactly what came to my head too. When she started singing it at the end it was like another tick for that whole theory about the bad wolf. There's got to be a bit more too it though- like exactly how does it connect back to there?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    That's exactly what came to my head too. When she started singing it at the end it was like another tick for that whole theory about the bad wolf. There's got to be a bit more too it though- like exactly how does it connect back to there?

There is a really interest theory about her connection to bad wolf on this forum section and its a great and actually believable theory!
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Not sure about Rose's daughter, but Victorian Clara did work at the Rose and Crown, future Clara did wear a rose in her hair and there were (I think) roses in Clara's room in ep 1.

Plus (50th spoilers):
    Elizabeth I is in the 50th and the tudor emblem was a rose, which was spotted on a tent on location, complete with the crown (Rose and Crown)
  • KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    As much as it seems plausible, I just can't see another 'family' story arc... Would Moffat really do that again?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a really interest theory about her connection to bad wolf on this forum section and its a great and actually believable theory!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking about- but there's a few dots to join yet :)
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I like a conspiracy theory much as the next person but come on, people. We've already met Clara's parents. She is not related to Rose at all.
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    I like a conspiracy theory much as the next person but come on, people. We've already met Clara's parents. She is not related to Rose at all.

Agreed, I do think there may well be a connection though, as I said above roses and the word 'Rose' have been associated with all 3 Claras and as I said this is significant, see my 50th spoiler.
    Forum Member
    There might be a connection but I don't think it's huge one though, unless Rose was the woman at the shop but it seems obvious that will turn out to be River.

I just think there are still some people who desperately seem to want Clara to be either a version of a past companion and/or related to them in spite of the onscreen evidence we've had now that proves she isn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We had in Series 6 the concept of the Tenzas, an alien race who can deposit children with a couple without them noticing. If an alien race can do that then surely a goddess can do that too.

Wasn't it a bit odd last week that in the progression of the couple's relationship last week, we saw no pregnancy or birth scenes, just a blinding light and Clara was there.

Good spot about the 50th Digital Sid, what colour was it ? Purple.
    Forum Member
    Not really that odd to be honest. The scenes were fast paced but getting to the point, showing us some of Clara's backstory.

Whatever is going on with Clara, I think she's human.
    Forum Member
    I think Rose may have scattered her throughout time, it would explain the finale, where we'll find out who / what she is leading in to the 50th, where we'll see Rose. If Rose doesn't have anything to do with Clara, then like her 23rd November start date it's probably just part of her symbolising the show (Rose being a big part of it, as the first companion of the revival). hee was a theory about her being designed to be irresistible to The Doctor, his perfect companion, perhaps all the roses and uses of 'Rose' are part of that?
  • owlycherriesowlycherries Posts: 2,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was totally unconvinced by that theory (although I do think it's very clever) but this has really made me think again ...:o
    Forum Member
    I think Rose may have scattered her throughout time, it would explain the finale, where we'll find out who / what she is leading in to the 50th, where we'll see Rose. If Rose doesn't have anything to do with Clara, then like her 23rd November start date it's probably just part of her symbolising the show (Rose being a big part of it, as the first companion of the revival). hee was a theory about her being designed to be irresistible to The Doctor, his perfect companion, perhaps all the roses and uses of 'Rose' are part of that?

Wasn't there supposed to be a story in Series 1 where it would've revealed that Rose was designed to be the perfect companion?

Maybe Moffat is doing his own version of that with Clara but I'm still not sure that Rose has a hand in it though.
    Forum Member
    Wasn't there supposed to be a story in Series 1 where it would've revealed that Rose was designed to be the perfect companion?

Maybe Moffat is doing his own version of that with Clara but I'm still not sure that Rose has a hand in it though.

I didn't say she has, different theory to my she was scattered with Bad Wolf one, I'm saying that perhaps all the roses and uses of the word Rose that surround and follow her (see post 5), which we know to be significant (see my 50th spoiler in post 5), are part of what, to her designer(s), makes her the perfect companion, the Doctor having fallen in love with a companion by that name and it being as a result significant to him.
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Clara was Rose's daughter why didn't we recognise her when we saw Clara's mother in the story last week. Was she adopted?
    Forum Member
    Clara is not Rose's daughter.

Ellie Ravenwood is/was Clara's mum. Dave Oswald her father.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Clara is Rose's daughter, but I think she has some connection to her. There have been many "rose" references with Clara.

Then again, they might just be there to reference
    her returning for the 50th.
    Forum Member
    Clara is not Rose's daughter.

Ellie Ravenwood is/was Clara's mum. Dave Oswald her father.

What do you think of my theory above as to the significance of all the roses and 'Rose's?
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And then "Rose in Peril" was used in the trailer. :D

It's like they're trying to tell us something.

Do you think she might be coming back? ;):p
  • KoquillionKoquillion Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Roses...the new Red Balloons!!

I'be heard that series 8 will have herrings of a particular colour dotted about each episode!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karis wrote: »
    As much as it seems plausible, I just can't see another 'family' story arc... Would Moffat really do that again?
    Of course, he would.

Virtually everything Moffat does is a rehash of his previous ideas.
  • AvidianAvidian Posts: 6,043
    Forum Member
    Of course, he would.

Not true! :mad:

Sometimes it's a rehash of other people's ideas :o
  • C. SamuraiC. Samurai Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Of course, he would.

Some of the show's best writers have always done that though, it's not really a flaw.