Options

Beyonce surprises the world releasing self titled album on iTunes without warning.

Comments

• Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I just watched all the video snippets and the songs sound really good, Mine should be the lead single.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone dislike it?

It's not what I had hoped!

Well it's certainly not a return to the commercial pop of I Am...Sasha Fierce.
    I give Beyonce props though for releasing music she obviously really wants to do, rather than chase an obvious chart hit. I do wonder if she'll start to alienate the more casual fan though if she continues down this path of "more urban, less poppy" music.
  • Options
    Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    This album is really good it's not the people who like Beyonce's Commercial pop side it's very Rnb/Hip Hop Influenced .
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't yet heard any of it but on the release strategy alone I'm thoroughly impressed.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still haven;t heard it but i like what she has done with how she has released it

A physical release has been confirmed for the week of christmas
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love that she's making the music that she wants to make.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Hoping to hear it in a while when my laptop has charged.

I wonder how it charts? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can this still chart even though it's only on iTunes? Or will we have to wait until 20th when it's released? Xmas number one? I'm confused.
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    I love that she's making the music that she wants to make.

I do too.

I am so liking this album, it is good music, every song is good, there is nothing I don't like. That is rare.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do too.

I am so liking this album, it is good music, every song is good, there is nothing I don't like. That is rare.

This is the kind of album I have been wanting her to make. I'm interested to see where she goes with it though in terms of singles as we have all the videos already. Other bands and artists such as Radiohead have released albums this way years ago. However, what will change things in the industry is soemone as big as Beyonce doing it. She's a huge force in the music industry and the fact that she's doen this could influence other big stars such as Rihanna and future artists. Smart move.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the snippets are getting better as they go along but I haven't heard anything special yet.
  • Options
    tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shes changed her sound and style, i dont like it.

This release strategy is an awful idea. She is going to flop
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It sounds trashy and quite vulgar. It's a shame because 4 was a great album. The song about her daughter is the only decent song on there.
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the kind of album I have been wanting her to make. I'm interested to see where she goes with it though in terms of singles as we have all the videos already. Other bands and artists such as Radiohead have released albums this way years ago. However, what will change things in the industry is soemone as big as Beyonce doing it. She's a huge force in the music industry and the fact that she's doen this could influence other big stars such as Rihanna and future artists. Smart move.

I don't think it is a strategy that is sustainable. Alot of artists rely on marketing build up.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I think this release will work for Beyonce, because of her name being a brand and for what she sort of represents. Some artists rely on singles sales and getting big with them.

After thinking a bit, I doubt many artists will follow the suit, this is just perfect for Beyonce, and her style.
  • Options
    Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no chance of this flopping.
    The buzz online has been incredible today and most fans who have heard it's out have legged it to iTunes to pick it up.

I grabbed it from my favourite invite only music torrent site and listened to the first 10 tracks on the way to work.

I'm not a fan in general but found it pretty dull as there was nothing that really stood out chorus or hook wise and no obvious singles. I'll give it another listen after my "Family Of The Year" album finishes.
  • Options
    4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    tim18 wrote: »
    Shes changed her sound and style, i dont like it.

This release strategy is an awful idea. She is going to flop
    She's not changed her style at all i'm sure your just use to the more commerical side of Beyonce Single Ladies/Crazy In Love extra but she has always had this kind of style.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my god, the beat in Blow is amazing. It's so sexy
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm...really disappointed, I don't know why I expect so much from her she's always been a singles artist.
    Basically not impressed, a dull, boring album, no hooks, no catchiness, not a whole lot of experimentation, an album of filler.

Those are my initial thoughts, I will of course give it another try because there are tons of albums that have grown on me after the intial listen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Hmm...really disappointed, I don't know why I expect so much from her she's always been a singles artist.
    Basically not impressed, a dull, boring album, no hooks, no catchiness, not a whole lot of experimentation, an album of filler.

Those are my initial thoughts, I will of course give it another try because there are tons of albums that have grown on me after the intial listen.

See I disagree. I feel like she's created a real body of work with this album.
  • Options
    britney.jeanbritney.jean Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    I'm going to wait to buy physical.
    So where do we watch/listen to all the visuals ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which is the Ryan Tedder and Justin Timberlake track?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    4troy7 wrote: »
    She's not changed her style at all i'm sure your just use to the more commerical side of Beyonce Single Ladies/Crazy In Love extra but she has always had this kind of style.

Exactly. As far as I remember, this has been the Beyonce sound from the start.

I wonder how her label let her do this, and not go for commercial hits.
  • Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    how the hell has she kept this a secret :eek:
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I'm listening now. I'm normally only a casual Beyonce listener (love a lot of her singles but wouldn't buy the albums) but this album is surprisingly good. I'm tempted to buy it.