Options

If your a women and you vote for Jim tell me why !

pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
Forum Member
✭✭
Please. P

Comments

• Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because I like Jim plain and simple.

:)
  • Options
    Angie_PlastyAngie_Plasty Posts: 6,333
    Forum Member
    Because they "know their place"?

I dunno. Just guessing aloud...
  • Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because he's made this series the best ever
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a woman and although I never vote in these things, I do support Jim.

Simple reason is that he's shown himself to be wiser, more intelligent and generally wittier and funnier, not to mention 10 times more entertaining, than any of the pathetically desperate young wannabes this series. :)
  • Options
    flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Because Women like Men have minds of their own, one of the things the two sexes do have in common.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I'm a woman and although I never vote in these things, I do support Jim.

Simple reason is that he's shown himself to be wiser, more intelligent and generally wittier and funnier, not to mention 10 times more entertaining, than any of the pathetically desperate young wannabes this series. :)

Why couldn't I have said that :o LOL
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because he's entertaining!

Plus I don't find him to be sexist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flower 2 wrote: »
    Because Women like Men have minds of their own, one of the things the two sexes do have in common.

Well said...and Jim has tried very hard to turn his life around...lets give him a break
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, I know my place......about 10 places higher than my husband LOL!

:D:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    Yes, I know my place......about 10 places higher than my husband LOL!

:D:)

Titter....:D
  • Options
    labasheedylabasheedy Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like both Jim and Luisa :)

But I didn't like Linda and the way she keep going on and on and carrying on the bad language longer than she needed too, having the last word etc. It looked really really bad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Why?????
    Because he's been a good entertaining hm
    I never liked him much as a comedian in the past, but I like the Jim in here!
    Also I'm a woman of a certain age and we of my era have known lots of men like Jim, they are not chauvinists they need women too much!!
    And I think his dry comments in the house are very funny
    Jim for the winner !!!
    Great housemate
    And please don't say odd comments about why 'women'' vote for or want certain housemates.( particularly a male hm).. That smacks of a sexist remark
  • Options
    Dave MacDave Mac Posts: 2,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Luisa?
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not interested in what happened 25 years ago or people coming over all hot and flustered over Davidson being non-PC.
    I find him the most interesting HM by far in this series, and one of the all-time CBB greats. He may be playing a game, he may have genuinely reinvented himself - which ever it is is intriguing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Titter....:D

Titter ye not (as Frankie Howard would say) tis true. He knows his place in the pecking order God love him LOL!

• Options
    BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member
    Women like him because he's a real man. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    Titter ye not (as Frankie Howard would say) tis true. He knows his place in the pecking order God love him LOL!

God love 'im, and 'eaven 'elp 'im, the same as my husband :D
  • Options
    soozesooze Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he has put up with a lot and I don't like when people gang up on someone. He has been entertaining and kept his cool.

Linda has been bitter - about what - we still don't really know

Luisa say strong women and is not sexist but constantly shows that this is not true

Sam and Ollie have been followers

Lee and Casey have their own agenda although Casey did se supportive at first she soon became a follower

Dappy - he saw the good points I both and was probably the fairest

Liz - least said

those before not worth talking about
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    majority who vote are supposedly women, so they've kept Jim in - and voted LINDA out - so her nagging away at him clearly went against her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God love 'im, and 'eaven 'elp 'im, the same as my husband :D

When our hamster died, he moved up a notch on the old 'how important am I scale' LOL!

Wouldn't change him for the world, but he knows his place in this household ;-):D

:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Because I like him. IMO he is neither racist or sexist,and his family love him.
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    IS he a reformed character? Can people change?

I am not sure (and trust me I am no fan of ANYONE who commits any form of domestic abuse), but it appears others are far more certain in their views on this than I.

I appreciate it's different, but I'll raise it again- Sam Faires physically struck her partner, apparently more than once, yet get's almost no criticism for it. All the 'oh but it's a girl, so it's different or 'it was ONLY a slap/punch/whatever' just don't cut it for me I'm afraid.

Has Jim got a recent history of violence? Is he genuinely contrite? Was this a one off or has he got a history of violence with all his partners throughout his life? (ps these questions aren't rhetorical, I really don't know enough about the instances or indeed his views on it for me to be able to make an educated decision, so if someone can enlighten me that would be appreciated).
  • Options
    Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a woman and will vote for Jim. I don't think he's sexist and I don't think he dislikes women at all. He's just of the old school - he thinks men should be men and women should be women.

On the other hand, Luisa thinks that being a "strong" woman means screaming like a banshee, swearing like a trooper and speaking her mind to the extent where she upsets everyone. Her treatment of Ollie in the bedroom wasn't strong, it was unkind.

Jim is funny and I think he's really quite softhearted on the quiet. Yes, he's made a lot of mistakes in the past and can be a grumpy old sod but if we wait around to vote for the perfect person we'll all be waiting a very long time ...
  • Options
    tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because I do like him

Without Jim in the mix this year, I would not have watched this series
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    IS he a reformed character? Can people change?

I am not sure (and trust me I am no fan of ANYONE who commits any form of domestic abuse), but it appears others are far more certain in their views on this than I.

I appreciate it's different, but I'll raise it again- Sam Faires physically struck her partner, apparently more than once, yet get's almost no criticism for it. All the 'oh but it's a girl, do it's different or 'it was ONLY a slap/punch/whatever' just don't cut it for me I'm afraid.

Has Jim got a recent history of violence? Is he genuinely contrite? Was this a one off or does he has he got a history of violence with all his partners throughout his life? (ps these questions aren't rhetorical, I really don't know enough about the instances or indeed his views on it for me to be able to make an educated decision, so if someone can enlighten me that would be appreciated).

he hasn't done any of the above on CBB - and past is past, it's been written about on umpteen threads, of which you have contributed to.