Options

Mass Effect 4

Comments

• Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Hopefully we'll get to choose between the different council races for our character. I do agree that it should be set hundreds of years later, at the very least.

The enemy could be an ancient civilisation that managed to avoid complete extinction. If you read the information for all the planets, then you'll see that some gas giants tell of anomalies deep inside the atmosphere, that then vanish when investigated more closely. Stasis pods perhaps? Maybe the galaxy has fallen into civil war, and they're pulling the strings from the shadows.

Who knows? Maybe it will be the darkspawn, with archdemon class dreadnaughts...

If you go down that route then just have the new race be extra-galactic. The ramifications of the end of ME3 affected our galaxy, no one else's.
  • Options
    mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Think i would still choose Human.

Playing ME3 has just made me want ME4 even more.

Better not be a letdown as I'm seriously hyped for the next ME game!
  • Options
    Velvet_FoxVelvet_Fox Posts: 1,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must say I'm in two minds about ME4. Part of me relishes the chance to play a new story, as possibly an entirely different race, and the other part of me can't imagine not playing as Commander Shepard, bumbling across the galaxy with the Normandy crew. I find my mixed feelings on this bizarre considering I love the universe as a whole. I've read the origin comics (currently collecting the foundation series despite the sloppy panels) the novels and even fanfic! I feel I should be chomping at the bit for a new game, and yet I just feel like I'm going to miss Shepard (and Jen Hale) too much to care. I'm hoping when more details are released I'll be more excited.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You're not alone tbh. The prospect of playing a new ME game with Shepard and the Normandy/crew puts me off more than the trilogy's ending. Hopefully things will get easier once news of the next game starts dripping out.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i am finnaly starting ME3 soon...cant wait|! :)
  • Options
    sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    I hated the ending on ME3, and then the DLC made me even more confused!

And still didn't clear up my main question. How the hell did the squad mates i took into the final battle with me, get back on the normandy, and crash landed on a unknown planet?

you obviously never saw the extended cut ending then as in that Shepard calls the Normandy to pick his team up while he/she continues to the beam as for the crashing of the Normandy on the planet again that was caused by the Crucible interacting with the mass relays to do what they're doing with the reapers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    That's the story of the first trilogy :p

Why not go back to the first contact war or something ? Or the Rachni war, although think that was before humans even new of the mass relays.

based on what I've seen and heard that looks like the direction they're going but this is only rumours though based on what info they have released we'll probably here some details on the game story over the next few months
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Velvet_Fox wrote: »
    I must say I'm in two minds about ME4. Part of me relishes the chance to play a new story, as possibly an entirely different race, and the other part of me can't imagine not playing as Commander Shepard, bumbling across the galaxy with the Normandy crew. I find my mixed feelings on this bizarre considering I love the universe as a whole. I've read the origin comics (currently collecting the foundation series despite the sloppy panels) the novels and even fanfic! I feel I should be chomping at the bit for a new game, and yet I just feel like I'm going to miss Shepard (and Jen Hale) too much to care. I'm hoping when more details are released I'll be more excited.

who's to say Jen hale won't be in the new game true she won't be voicing Shepard but she is a voice actress and has done other games and characters too and will go on to do others
  • Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen Mass Effect trilogy could be remastered for the Xbox One and PS4, I'd be all over that if it does come out.

As for ME4, I'm just itching to see what they do and jump back into the Mass Effect universe.
  • Options
    SSL2010SSL2010 Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, no, no to the rachni wars. That should be nothing more then dlc at best...I'd purchase it as a dlc but a new mass effect game based on it? No thanks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woodbine wrote: »
    Just seen Mass Effect trilogy could be remastered for the Xbox One and PS4, I'd be all over that if it does come out.

As for ME4, I'm just itching to see what they do and jump back into the Mass Effect universe.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

That would mean I would have to buy them all again for a fourth time! :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    id love the Mass Effect 1,2,3 to come out on the PS4/XboxOne.

Doubt it will happen though.
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    id love the Mass Effect 1,2,3 to come out on the PS4/XboxOne.

Doubt it will happen though.

Me too but only if the graphics are updated, maybe even using the Frostbite 3 engine.
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/21/rumors-very-nice-aaa-game-coming-to-ps4-late-next-year-something-major-this-year-and-more/

Could possibly be referencing Mass Effect 4. Technically it hasn't been announced yet has it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought i'd ask in here since its the newest Mass Effect thread

Has anyone had any issues with the game sort of freezing when in cover, certain buttons will still work but you can't move around and it leads to reloading the last autosave

It wouldn't be that big of an issues but i'm playing on Insanity and its hard enough getting through each fight but having to do them again because of a glitch, it's driving me well insane
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Thought i'd ask in here since its the newest Mass Effect thread

Has anyone had any issues with the game sort of freezing when in cover, certain buttons will still work but you can't move around and it leads to reloading the last autosave

It wouldn't be that big of an issues but i'm playing on Insanity and its hard enough getting through each fight but having to do them again because of a glitch, it's driving me well insane

I assume you mean in ME3?

If so I played over 100 hours (maybe about 300) on the PS3 and this didn't happen even once.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    I assume you mean in ME3?

If so I played over 100 hours (maybe about 300) on the PS3 and this didn't happen even once.

I meant Mass Effect 2, I thought I'd written that :(
  • Options
    shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nope never had any problems with any of the mass effect games. if your playing it on a console maybe reinstall the game data? i know a mate of mine had a different problem with mass 2 and it was because of this
  • Options
    simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you can rotate yourself but can't move out from behind the cover, try equipping/unequipping your weapon. Sometimes, just that one action is enough to 'jolt' you away from the cover. Obviously, if that doesn't work then try something more drastic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I meant Mass Effect 2, I thought I'd written that :(

I played that quite a bit too on the Xbox 360 and PS3 and didn't experience that. (In ME2 on the PS3 I did get stuck in the chair at the start of the game once lol).

What system are you playing it on?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simongvs70 wrote: »
    If you can rotate yourself but can't move out from behind the cover, try equipping/unequipping your weapon. Sometimes, just that one action is enough to 'jolt' you away from the cover. Obviously, if that doesn't work then try something more drastic.

The game greys out of my weapons so now of them are on the weapon wheel not even the one that I have, also my powers are greyed out, the squad mates work fine though

And to Gormond i'm on PS3 digital version, with the Cerberus Network and all the DLC packs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry Thomas, can't help you (good luck though!)

Just gotta say, Mass Effect 4 - come on already, BW you're killing me here! Severe withdrawal symptoms! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The game greys out of my weapons so now of them are on the weapon wheel not even the one that I have, also my powers are greyed out, the squad mates work fine though

And to Gormond i'm on PS3 digital version, with the Cerberus Network and all the DLC packs

Maybe something went wrong during the installation, have a tried a full reinstall?

I also had psn version with all DLC and spent about 100 hours playing it and I didn't get that bug even once.
  • Options
    shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anyone heard anything about possible new versions of the trilogy for the new consoles would like to play remastered versions of all three with all the DLCs. the original mass effect is looking rather rough now days great story though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don't think the Trilogy will happen on the new consoles unfortunately.

Although I'm hoping we get more info on ME4 at the VGA awards in December :)

Hopefully a release date like they did with ME3 i think it was?