Ugly School Uniform Color Combos

BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
Forum Member
✭✭
I've seen some visual nightmares over the past few years, brown and yellow is right near the top, followed closely by baby blue and maroon. Were all the other options taken? Lol. Seems to be a bigger issue for the primary schools, most of the high school uniforms are either blue or black (darker colors to coordinate).

Any of you hate your school uniform or see some unfortunate ones?

Comments

• shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We had to wear bright purple blazers. Boys got away with white shirts but us girls had to wear lilac blouses. Subconciously I must have liked it as my bedroom now is purple and lilac!
  • izanamiizanami Posts: 2,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My uniform was brown and yellow *ick*
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine was fairly standard. Light blue/Dark blue.
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Double post.
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Uniforms werent the norm at our primary, usually worn for first few weeks back, shame really white shirt, grey skirt and a nice tie that was wine blue and yellow stripes, blazer was wine coloured.

Kids uniform is red jumpers, dark blue jacket, navy skirt/trousers, or school tartan kilt, white shirt and tartan tie, red green blue mix, lovely and smart :)
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    We had to wear bright purple blazers. Boys got away with white shirts but us girls had to wear lilac blouses. Subconciously I must have liked it as my bedroom now is purple and lilac!

Sounds quite nice, I am a big fan of purple myself :D
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine was a delightful combination of grey and grey :(
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maroon and yellow has to be bad.

Primary school, brown and yellow, by parental vote - so sixties and that carried on.

Secondary - Grey and Grey and navy

And Navy, Navy and blue, which was slightly better. The big grey pants at the first school were awesomely ugly.
  • miaowmiaow Posts: 8,495
    Forum Member
    Purple and bright yellow :o luckily at a primary school, imagine that on spotty grumpy teens lol. I think school colours have got worse over the years, mine was blue and grey with black, my kids was the maroon and baby blue, not good :D
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both my primary and secondary schools had the same colour combo of navy blue with red and gold piping. My primary school also had a minging grey and yellow tie.
  • culturemancultureman Posts: 11,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hideous school uniforms are deliberately chosen with the conscious aim of 'desexualising' the wearers of said uniform.

Which is why Catholic girls school uniforms tend to be amongst the very worst.
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    My secondary school uniform wasn't that bad navy blue/grey and yellow, we had 2 schools nearby also girls schools. One of theirs was head to toe thick cotton sludge brown coloured they looked like walking turds :D the other school was head to toe thick cotton forest green! Our was obviously the best of a bad bunch. I've since been told the school uniform is now fushia pink and black in my old school.
  • GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Primary school was maroon and grey.... Secondary School was navy blue... So no horrors there thankfully.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    I loved my secondary school uniform. Black skirt, black blazer and black tie with a thin purple and white stripe.

Primary/junior was nice too ................girls yellow and navy thick stripe (with navy clothing) boys light blue and navy stripe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    I loved my secondary school uniform: a really nice shade of purple and navy blue. It was probably the best thing about it. The shirt was purple and white checks (really small check pattern, not like a chess board!)

Just looked it up - here it is!

I remember another school's was maroon and brown. Haha.
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cultureman wrote: »
    Hideous school uniforms are deliberately chosen with the conscious aim of 'desexualising' the wearers of said uniform.

Which is why Catholic girls school uniforms tend to be amongst the very worst.

I went to a convent school and we had bottle green but with lots of colours on the tie and scarf. They were really bright.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a Primary School in my old town that had brown and yellow as their uniform! Stylish!!!
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our school colour was purple, but it was only present in the tie (grey with purple stripes), the rest was black trousers and white shirt. However for PE us girls had to wear purple socks, knickers and skirt with a white top.

I quite liked it tbh!
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Ours wasn't bad.

Black tunic (proper St. Trinian's style!), white shirt, white socks, black shoes, black blazer and red/blue striped tie for 1st and 2nd years and dark blue pleated shirt for 3rd upwards. Same colours for boys except they had black trousers. Oh, and we had a navy blue pullover.

We had an optional summer uniform of cotton dresses in blue and sports gear in blue and grey.
    I've seen some horrendous colour schemes round and about, magenta is particularly depressing (as a uniform colour).
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luckily my uniform was OK. Black blazer, grey trousers., and a white or grey shirt with black shoes. A black or grey V-neck jumper was optional. The tie was Jade and Gold stripes set at about a 45° angle.

The best thing was the school greatcoat though. It was in a sort of dark charcoal, and man that thing was warm.
  • fleabeefleabee Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My secondary was pink shirts and grey everything else. The tie was purple and black stripes. In the 4th form you were allowed to wear a blue shirt.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When we were in Portugal last summer we saw some lovely school uniforms. One day we were at a beach and masses of primary aged children arrived with their teachers.

The kids all had matching polo shirts and baseball caps and the colours were terrific and a refreshing change from English school colours. Each school had their own colours so they were easily identified.

One school was in tangerine, another in lime green, one in turquoise, one in scarlet, bright yellow et . They looked wonderful and very smart.
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about red blazer, peach coloured shirts.
  • Ron_JRon_J Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Primary school - grey trousers, white shirt and grey jumper. The tie was grey with a single thin magenta(!) stripe. They now wear polo shirts and green jumpers with a yellow badge.

Secondary school - black trousers and white shirt with a maroon and gold striped tie. Just before I left they introduced a horrible maroon jumper and yellow polo shirt combo but it was still optional at that time. Prefects - fifth and six year - got to wear a solid maroon tie which I thought was the coolest thing ever and I was ridiculously pleased with myself when they (foolishly, it turns out) appointed me to that exalted position.
  • karapote monkeykarapote monkey Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My daughter has to wear a black blazer, black skirt, black shoes and socks and an Asda green shirt. She has been mistaken for a staff member when we have shopped there before :D