Options

Pretty Little Liars Season 5 (US Pace)(Spoilers in Tags)

Comments

• Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know when the mid season finale is? I'm confused on how many episodes we have left before the break.
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the mid season finale is? I'm confused on how many episodes we have left before the break.

It's in about An Hour. :)
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's in about An Hour. :)

Sorry got it wrong, its Next Tuesday.
  • Options
    F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got all a bit supernatural-y this week with the ouija board and magic flies.
    Not sure what that was all about. Ravenswood was cancelled was it not so surely they can't be trying to plug that show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    F1etch wrote: »
    Got all a bit supernatural-y this week with the ouija board and magic flies.
    Not sure what that was all about. Ravenswood was cancelled was it not so surely they can't be trying to plug that show.

I was thinking the exact same. The whole supernatural thing felt so out of place and just didn't work for me. Ravenswood has been cancelled, they need to forget it ever happened IMO.

Spoiler about next week
    somebody dies, the cast have been tweeting pictures and promos about it today. Not idea who, I'm thinking maybe Paige or Sydney!?
  • Options
    Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    I think the fireflies wes just them putting ravenswood to rest but that the spirits or whatever were in the jars are still around looking after caleb or something to that effect.
    There is a Ravensood crossover in the next half of the season that is suposed to put it all to rest and put a line under it.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like that Pretty little liars may be heading down a supernatural route. I love the sci-fi genre but for a show like pretty little liars to incoporate it 4 and a half seasons into it's run, it may look like the show is jumping the show. The show is already on a decline. It seems to me the writers are going in circles with the plots. I just get the impression they do not have a clue what they are doing. It's gone beyond what the shows original plot was and I can't even guess to see what season 6 and 7 will bring. It's just longing it out for no reason. The show has no end game and that is a problem. Shows with no end game normally decline because the show just continues for the sake of it.
  • Options
    Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like that Pretty little liars may be heading down a supernatural route. I love the sci-fi genre but for a show like pretty little liars to incoporate it 4 and a half seasons into it's run, it may look like the show is jumping the show. The show is already on a decline. It seems to me the writers are going in circles with the plots. I just get the impression they do not have a clue what they are doing. It's gone beyond what the shows original plot was and I can't even guess to see what season 6 and 7 will bring. It's just longing it out for no reason. The show has no end game and that is a problem. Shows with no end game normally decline because the show just continues for the sake of it.

The show has an end game, Marlene's always said that. End game is Big A. They're trying to flesh the story out by adding filler storylines at the minute, I think we can safely call 5A a filler half season, hopefully 5B will be much more story orientated - mid season finales usually pack a punch to provide more story for the next half of the season.
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    The finale was amazing! I think it was last season that I grew a little tired of the show but this current season is probably the best yet. Thank god that Ali returned.
    I'm so sad that Mona died but I'm glad that she put up a fight although my hope is that the Mona we saw in the coffin was one of those porcelain masks. I'm assuming it wasn't Ali who killed her though because there wasn't a mark on her. There's also a kind if twisted possibility that someone killed Mona to make it look like Spencer isn't the killer. I wish they would kill off maybe some of the main men instead if the main women (Maia, Mrs. D, and now Mona).
  • Options
    D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The finale was amazing! I think it was last season that I grew a little tired of the show but this current season is probably the best yet. Thank god that Ali returned.
    I'm so sad that Mona died but I'm glad that she put up a fight although my hope is that the Mona we saw in the coffin was one of those porcelain masks. I'm assuming it wasn't Ali who killed her though because there wasn't a mark on her. There's also a kind if twisted possibility that someone killed Mona to make it look like Spencer isn't the killer. I wish they would kill off maybe some of the main men instead if the main women (Maia, Mrs. D, and now Mona).

She wasn't in a coffin she was in a car boot.
  • Options
    D.DotAD.DotA Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Apart from Mrs Grundwal who was a Psycic there has been no supernatural in this. Yes the ouija board moved. Two things and the psychics are around some people believe in them some don't.

Ravenswood was supernatural but that was a different show. Yes it does add a little unrealism to PLL but we got to remember it's a different show and we can choose to wipe it out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    such a sad finale, absolutely loved Mona!! Had the most depth to her character. Part of me was wondering whether that blonde could have been Cece.. She was always very loyal to Ali, and it wouldn't be the first time she's offed someone for her!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm so gutted about Mona!! Can't believe it, she is one of the most interesting characters on the show. I definitely think they should have killed off some of the deadwood on the show (Paige or Toby). Was it really Ali in that hood? Is she really A?!. I did think it could have been Cece, it's so obvious if it was Ali.

5A has definitely been the weakest season so far. Which I'm surprised about as I was so looking forward to Ali returning, they could have done so much.. But it's fallen flat. The show doesn't seem to have any real direction ATM. I'm hoping the second half of the season improves massively. Ali vs the 4 other girls could be a really interesting thing to watch. I also want this Bethany mystery to end, it's really not very gripping for me.
  • Options
    idekidek Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Seriously, it can't just be me that thinks Mona isn't dead or has faked her own death for some reason?
    It just seems strange that they kill such a major character like Mona.
    And it seems strange for her to just be killed off like that...I mean she's blackmailed the girls and others for 3 years, survived falling off a cliff and made a miraculous recovery from her personality disorder...it just doesn't seem right.

Plus someone on Tumblr pointed out that in one of the earlier 5A episodes, Mona was wearing a bandage or something as if she had given blood so could this be blood used to fake her death?
    I don't know, I just don't think (or don't wanna believe) that Mona's dead :cry: she was my favourite next to Spencer.

As for whoever the blonde was who attacked Mona, I don't think it's Ali. The hair looked different and split-end-y :D Guessing its a wig worn by this black widow who seems to be doing some of A's dirty work.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idek wrote: »
    Seriously, it can't just be me that thinks Mona isn't dead or has faked her own death for some reason?
    It just seems strange that they kill such a major character like Mona.
    And it seems strange for her to just be killed off like that...I mean she's blackmailed the girls and others for 3 years, survived falling off a cliff and made a miraculous recovery from her personality disorder...it just doesn't seem right.

Plus someone on Tumblr pointed out that in one of the earlier 5A episodes, Mona was wearing a bandage or something as if she had given blood so could this be blood used to fake her death?
    I don't know, I just don't think (or don't wanna believe) that Mona's dead :cry: she was my favourite next to Spencer.

As for whoever the blonde was who attacked Mona, I don't think it's Ali. The hair looked different and split-end-y :D Guessing its a wig worn by this black widow who seems to be doing some of A's dirty work.

before the episode and during the week the cast and producers made it clear whoever died in this episode will be 100% dead. So I'm afraid Mona's gone :cry:
  • Options
    F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems too obvious to be Ali. It's all a bit like Ezra from last season when we were all sure it was him and his shifty looks in his (never to be worn since) trench coat and baseball cap.

It could have been Cece and I think they also want to make us think it was Hanna, there just seems to be a lot more focus on her this season, more than any others and considering where Spence is atm it is surprising to see them focus more on Hanna than her but it feels like that is the case and why? I can only speculate it is because they are going to try to do an "Ezra" with her this year.

Cece if I recall escaped prison and hasn't been seen or heard of since has she? She got on the plane but she could have returned to help Ali out or something. Usually with this show the obvious isn't right so yea.

Always knew Mona would be killed though. Had to be the case with them softening her up the last few episodes and trying to make you like her and sympathise with her. Sad because they done a good job and I was beginning to really like helpful Mona.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best episode of the season. Though, they really did set-up Mona's demise by introducing her mother and having only Hana react at the beginning of the episode.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.DotA wrote: »
    Apart from Mrs Grundwal who was a Psycic there has been no supernatural in this. Yes the ouija board moved. Two things and the psychics are around some people believe in them some don't.

Ravenswood was supernatural but that was a different show. Yes it does add a little unrealism to PLL but we got to remember it's a different show and we can choose to wipe it out.

True. But there was a Ghost in one episode set in Rosewood. I know its slightly removed from the main set, but there are tentative links to the other realm.
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    It could be Melissa trying to protect Spencer by showing the police that she's not the murderer.

I really hope Mona faked her death though but she said in an interview that the dead person stays dead (but the cast and producers occasionally lie).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought she faked it when they said the body hadn't been found, I thought that means she definitely will be alive still. But then when we saw the ending... I knew she was a goner :( I really hope she is still alive though. The actress did state on twitter she will still be in the show, just in flashbacks scene though. But it's better than nothing for me.
  • Options
    A_SmurfA_Smurf Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    I agree 5A has been weak this season, I though 4B had been weaker but the first half of the season has proved me wrong. The opening 2 episodes and the 100th episode were really intense and kept up the storyline which made it so interesting to watch, like the previous seasons had. There have been a few more filler episodes this time around as well, apart from the last 2-3 episodes it seems to have picked up again. I don't know what to expect for the Christmas episode and I hope it continues the momentum which can be lost so easily with a couple of slow moving episodes and a short hiatus. Will just have ato wait and see and hope.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic midseason finale to what has been a slight weak season so far

I guessed it was Mona who died from the start. Mainly going by Hannah's reaction in the teaser as she was crying the most and we know despite their troubles, Hannah and Mona were very close.

I don't think the killer is Allison for Mona. I think it may of been CeCe. Her and Allison look a like and Allison could of hired her to kill Mona.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Mona:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member

The first point is actually really good! I'm hoping it's true.

Is anyone else kinda gutted there is no Halloween episode this year? I've always really enjoyed it. It seems kinda pointless having a one off Xmas episode when the season returns a few weeks later. I liked having the Halloween episode because it was basically in the middle and it was nice to get something before the wait.