Shield dog on Sky Sports

davestokedavestoke Posts: 3,008
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Okay what's this all about? Little shield type thing in the bottom right of the screen on all the Sky Spots channels. Right over the cricket score graphics of course. FGS Virgin leave our bloody pictures alone, we pay enough for them!

Comments

• NickDay85NickDay85 Posts: 1,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where? What? I don't see this.
  • NickDay85NickDay85 Posts: 1,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh hang on, I do. Nothing to do with Virgin. That's hard coded into the feed!
  • Gavin_DGavin_D Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its to replace the numbers which appeared at the top of the screen
  • stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    Gavin_D wrote: »
    Its to replace the numbers which appeared at the top of the screen

the numbers were actually done by the device, re unique to you the subscriber. it was far more effective than the shield. as they could pinpoint exactly which subscriber it was.
  • weetomuncherweetomuncher Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    I thought that ittle shield was just a Sky graphic or a little symbol which would be different if there was a red button option.
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,592
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a heart.

A secret message from Virgin to me to let me know how much they love me.
  • davestokedavestoke Posts: 3,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So now we have the shield & still they put the bloody numbers up aaaarrrggghh!!!
  • nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a heart.

A secret message from Virgin to me to let me know how much they love me.

How much Richard Branson personally loves you....
  • QuikkieQuikkie Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    So now there's the score/time box, the massive Sky Sports 1 HD box, the numbers and this crappy shield thing! I doubt it'll be long before they have random sponsors popping up in the bottom left!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Anyone got a picture of what this looks like? I saw virgin on twitter call it a "teardrop" and said it replaces the numbers for security purposes.
  • RedOrDead36RedOrDead36 Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The numbers are still appearing though!
  • EastEast Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought it looked like a Virgin Hot Air Balloon. What is the point if we all have this?? I get the point of the numbers before and this maybe is a bit like spot the ball with the DOG been on a certain position on each individuals tv screen.:confused:
    Forum Member
    The numbers are still appearing though!

Thats because the numbers are generated from the box, and appear over the top of the video.

As that's hard coded, we will need a software update to probably turn it off.
    RazorD wrote: »
    Anyone got a picture of what this looks like? I saw virgin on twitter call it a "teardrop" and said it replaces the numbers for security purposes.

it is funny looking, its a dark shade of grey and appears bottom right, I saw it there all day on all sky sports channels.

what it does is it simply tells sky if they ever saw your sky sports streamed online say, that it came from a sat/cable feed.

you get square icon if its sky go, and pubs get the pint logo.
  • pete1pete1 Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    I presume that it's half the outline of the Virgin Media logo on its side. I saw it on the free day but don't know if it's on all the time. I remember when Sky sports were on digital terrestrial the DOG contained the outline of the Freeview logo looking like a Cinemascope screen.
  • PudpullerTMPudpullerTM Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How much Richard Branson personally loves you....

what has richard branson got to do with virgin media ?
  • dannylaudannylau Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    all you have to do is pause the game for 1 second and then play it and the numbers never appear
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed in the pub they have one that looks like a pint
    Forum Member
    For those who haven't seen them all, well here they are:

Pint logo Click Here

Shield Logo Click Here

Ex freeview ? (do BT use this one? TUTV and BT used to use this one) Click Here

and online streaming Square icon: Click Here
  • digiwigidigiwigi Posts: 1,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are two online ones on the ipad streams; one for Sky Go and another for the Sky Sports app.

Also, on the non-premium Sky channels on Virgin's player there is another on-screen graphic. Seems they're uber keen to see where the UK online streams originate from.