Isn't Tonsilitis Horrible..................

2»

Comments

• amiloamilo Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks everyone,slept some bit last night but has anyone heard the Pink Loyd song "Comfortably Numb":When I was a child I had a fever.
    My hands felt just like two balloons
    ,thats the way i felt last night:(.
    Fever isn't nice at all.
  • MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You poor thing. there is nowt worse. Put the computer down and try and get some kip.

Hope you feel better soon
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP you have my sympathy - I was hospitilised with Tonsilitis and Glandula Fever some years back - thank heaven I've not had it so bad since then. I was in such a state, the taxi driver that took me to the hospital thought I was in Labour! :eek:

Get well soon :)
  • MisoSoupMisoSoup Posts: 14,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TRY PROPOLIS

(Apologise for caps but I wanted people to notice)

I had recurring tonsilitis for years (with vomitting :() and took antibiotics but it always came back

In desperation my mother asked at the health food shop and they recommended propolis

I was pretty distrustful as I tend to think these health food things are frequently bunkum

But it worked! My God, it worked. My tonsilitis cleared up AND it never came back

Try propolis
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try to gargle with water and asprin, or water and salt. It helps a lot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Garden Pea wrote: »
    Since my doctor said that the next time I get it I have to have them out, everytime I get a sore throat I think "shit!" and get all worried, but then it goes....until the next time. I'm constantly worried. I've never had anything major done in my life, no op's, never broken anything. The only thing I've gone to hospital for are a couple of xrays.

Does it hurt after you have had them out?

Why do we have tonsils anyway if all they do is cause pain? :confused:

eeeee just found this pic on t'internet :(

That's nothing. When mine were really bad, they were so swollen as to be touching each other and the white spots had turned brown. One was the size and shape of a large marble and another was like a little stick. It was the vilest thing I've ever seen, and it was in my own mouth! My breath must have reeked...I also developed glandular fever. It was awful. I had them taken out a few months later & am really glad I did it.

The pain after the operation is quite something. The first few days for me were ok because I was on strong painkillers but when they were reduced I had a lot of pain in my ears. Also eating was easier than drinking. Orange juice was particularly painful!
  • mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WHATEVER you do take your antibiotics, drink lots of fluids and rest.....

I've had tonsilitus many times - it's HORRID - but it pales into insignificance compared to quinsy

I honestly thought on the two occasions I had it that I was dying...

Showing off in a perverse way. With the 2nd lot of tonsillitis , the one tonsil had a quinsy beneath it. Both tonsils looked like the pic on page 2 with abcesses mostly covering them . Eventually the quinsy popped leaving one tonsil completely knackered and it bled for a couple of days. I had them out a couple of months later to my relief.

Hope the OPs doest go as bad as that and he is having a nice nap now.
    Remember amilo drink lots of fluids and take your drugs. :)