Countdown - so much better these days!

Comments

• Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes.

Dear Director, a few more close up shots of her sitting on her stool would be nice. :)

I'm all for more Rachel, but that's just perverted. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm all for more Rachel, but that's just perverted. :eek:

Yes perverted but a great idea:):)
  • IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    I could swear that Rachel's chest is expanding ...............
  • Mystery ManMystery Man Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why, oh why do they have such unsuitable guests these days? "Campo de Gino" is not English, and clearly is useless at finding English words... so why the hell have him on? The first time he could only come up with a three letter word, when the contestants had managed 7 or 8 letters was mildly amusing. Every other time after that it is just plain irritating!

And similarly why do they keep havung Jeff's many sporting friends on the show, when most of them clearly have no aptitude for the game? Jeff might be interested in their sporting chit-chat, but I doubt much of the core audience is.

No wonder the ratings for the show continue to decline. Such a pity.
  • Flying FoxFlying Fox Posts: 200
    Forum Member

Do you have some figures?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why, oh why do they have such unsuitable guests these days? "Campo de Gino" is not English, and clearly is useless at finding English words... so why the hell have him on? The first time he could only come up with a three letter word, when the contestants had managed 7 or 8 letters was mildly amusing. Every other time after that it is just plain irritating!

And similarly why do they keep havung Jeff's many sporting friends on the show, when most of them clearly have no aptitude for the game? Jeff might be interested in their sporting chit-chat, but I doubt much of the core audience is.

First I have heard of that, I must say it is hard to believe.
  • Brian ReynoldsBrian Reynolds Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have also been disappointed with the guests in recent weeks. What's happened to old favourites like Geoffrey Durham, Rik Wakeman and Tom O'Connor?
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Bout time this show was put to rest. Same old thing week in week out. Same words coming up...zzzzzzz. Same jokes. How rachel squeezes into the dresses i dont know.
  • The quizmasterThe quizmaster Posts: 92,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have also been disappointed with the guests in recent weeks. What's happened to old favourites like Geoffrey Durham, Rik Wakeman and Tom O'Connor?

So am I. They seem to like sports personalities now :mad:
    Don't forget Barry Cryer and Richard Digance
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Scrap it and bring back good word games like Crosswits with Tom O'Connor. I think c4 are afraid to drop it for some reason
  • richard craniumrichard cranium Posts: 4,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think there is a boycott of the show by these celebs due to C4's unfair treatment of Carol.

However, without Carol's departure we wouldn't have the divine Rachel so.......tough titty ........who cares ? :)
  • I love EllieI love Ellie Posts: 8,009
    Forum Member

Rick Wakeman has his Planet Rock committments.
  • Brian ReynoldsBrian Reynolds Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recall Rick Wakeman saying that he didn't think he'd be invited back after his comments about Carol's treatment. Geoffrey Durham is the biggest mystery - he was Countdown's most frequent guest but now he's been away for about five years.
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mal2pool wrote: »
    Bout time this show was put to rest. Same old thing week in week out. Same words coming up...zzzzzzz. Same jokes. How rachel squeezes into the dresses i dont know.

I don't know either..but I'm glad she does :)
  • suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 15,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is today's new contestant "Crazy" Kate the most irritating one yet? When anyone claims to be mad/crazy/whacky etc you know they are going to be tedious any boy is she working it :rolleyes:
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    suesuesue wrote: »
    Is today's new contestant "Crazy" Kate the most irritating one yet? When anyone claims to be mad/crazy/whacky etc you know they are going to be tedious any boy is she working it :rolleyes:

Yep. When she announced how 'mad' she was, I groaned. After her first round, I brought mute button into play. I'm comfortable with my choice.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Yep. When she announced how 'mad' she was, I groaned. After her first round, I brought mute button into play. I'm comfortable with my choice.

Yes,those poor Chinese having to listen to that voice:eek:
  • Old BlokeOld Bloke Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suesuesue wrote: »

Oh come on - all the entertainment comes when they lose! ;)
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mal2pool wrote: »

The reason it isn't is because it has a steady audience with many regular viewers - it's the only programme my wife and I record and watch every day.

Since it schedules just before the most contrived and repetitive programme ever (Deal or No Deal) it seems very strange for you to pick out Countdown. I'm also surprised that since you clearly do not like it that you find enough time to watch it and so be in a position to comment on Rachel's dress sense - I might suggest you get a life and turn the TV off if there is nothing you want to watch on, or as an alternative you could pick another programme scheduled at the same time that you don't like and post on that thread about how it should be taken off air.
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    only thing i have to say about countdown is what on earth is the letter lady wearing - clothings far too short & tight - and i'm no prude it's just not the right time or place.
  • IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, you always know that someone is a prude when they use the words "I'm no prude". :rolleyes:
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iggyman wrote: »
    Oh dear, you always know that someone is a prude when they use the words "I'm no prude". :rolleyes:
    Yes it's the same as "I'm no racist" or "I'm very open minded, but...".:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow.

Only word for it. Well, only word that's printable on a family forum.
  • MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asp746 wrote: »
    only thing i have to say about countdown is what on earth is the letter lady wearing - clothings far too short & tight - and i'm no prude it's just not the right time or place.
    She is very young and is wearing what girls her age wear... in fact when I was out on Friday night, although it was freezing cold, I saw girls in much less that what Rachel's wearing, in fact two girls were in skimpy shorts (and no coats)!!!
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Wow.

Only word for it. Well, only word that's printable on a family forum.
    Are you hinting at how sexy Rachel is looking today in her little black dress and black lacy tights... or are they stockings? ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Are you hinting at how sexy Rachel is looking today in her little black dress and black lacy tights... or are they stockings? ;)

Yes. And I think we should agree that they are stockings. We've no evidence, I'd just enjoy that thought more.
This discussion has been closed.